Home

All wings report in...

edlib

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where've I been?

Lessee here. . .

American Lit., Canadian Lit., Jacobean Shakespeare, Spenser and Milton, and Old English. Fortunately, I don't have anything resembling a personal life to hold me down. :snear:

My current reading list looks like All the Pretty Horses (Cormack McCarthy), Childhood (André Alexis), The Faerie Queene (Spenser), Othello, Antony & Cleopatra, Coriolanus, The Winter's Tale, and The Tempest, all by Shakespeare.

Old English, unlike my other (Literature) courses, is actually a Linguistics course, so I have to become fluent in a completely different language in under four months (three, now). I'm not sure I could pass a linguistics course on Modern english. :snear:

Which raises a valid question. . .

What the Hell am I doin' talking to you halfwits?!?

*wanders off muttering about declensions and adverbial pronouns*

I'm sorry for you too, Garyah

BTW, Somebody get a screenshot of Niner's post count! :freakout:

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Canadians have literature?

Actually, the archetypal figure who eventually became "Uncle Sam" was created by a Canadian. :smirk2:

"Sam Slick" was a clock peddler in some of Thomas Chandler Haliburton's short stories, written around 1835.

Haliburton (along with humourist Stephen Lea****, several years later) served as influences to a young Sam (Mark Twain) Clemens.

<small>I had planned to throw that in Nute's face, but since you brought it up first. . .</small> :evil2:

Originally posted by Flying Beastie

Actually, the archetypal figure who eventually became "Uncle Sam" was created by a Canadian. :smirk2:

"Sam Slick" was a clock peddler in some of Thomas Chandler Haliburton's short stories, written around 1835.

Haliburton (along with humourist Stephen Lea****, several years later) served as influences to a young Sam (Mark Twain) Clemens.

<small>I had planned to throw that in Nute's face, but since you brought it up first. . .</small> :evil2:

:D Bien renvoyé. Bravo. Let me join you in your evilness: :evil1::evil2:

:evil3::chucky:

:indy:

I just had to try that smiley...

Archived