Home

some fan-art

mumpizz

I drew it with a pencil, scanned it, traced all the lines with black in photoshop (most time-consuming part) and then put the colors in

a wacom tablet is very useful, I couldn't do that with a mouse :)

edit: corrected my bad english grammar ;)

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by mumpizz

not very crowded this forum so I thought I post something

sam.jpg

I know the Desoto is wrong, but I found some Images of the whole car after I finished the picture

post more fan-art people! :D

Hello

I like your picture, can I show it at my site, "Mojo art"?

http://mixnmojo.cjb.net

It's a gallery of LucasArts fan art

If I can, I got some questions:

1) when you made it

2) what your email is and if I can show it

3) what your name is and if I can show it

4) if I can show your nickname (mumpizz)

5) if you got any site of your own, and if I can link to it.

Thanks. Cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by mumpizz

I drew it with a pencil, scanned it, traced all the lines with black in photoshop (most time-consuming part) and then put the colors in

a wacom tablet is very useful, I couldn't do that with a mouse :)

edit: corrected my bad english grammar ;)

Although it seems a little cheaper, the way I do it is insted of tracing lines in photoshop, i just turn the image to black and white with the scan program, then all the grey from the pecil turns black and just copy the new black version into a draw program and edit out the flaws and fill the color. Less time consuming but maybe not as good looking, but it works.

*POI: Don't feel bad about bad english, It is my native language and my grammer is probably worse and I can't spell worth a can of ferminted pickel juice.

what youcan do is adjust the levels using photoshop to fade out the greys and leave only almot pure black and white.

(image > adjust > levels, move the two outer arrows on the graph looking thing towards the center, thats the quickest explanaition possible... go look it up somewhere :)

this will not only clean up the image but leave you with much cleaner and clearer outlines, meaning you can delete the whitespace really easily and not have to trace them again :)

i'm sure jake will come in and give you a full on tutorial if you ask him, but just search on google for a tutrial and you shall find one :)

Assuming http://www.phong.com still exists they have some good level ajusting tutorials. Also other photoshop tricks.

Also, once you've done the levels ajust, you can turn the black into transparency by inverting the colors of your scan (so the background is black and the lines are white) and pasting it into a new channel, then ctrl (or is it alt)-clicking that channel in the list.

You will get a selection in the shape of your line drawing. Just use the fill tool on a new layer (not a new channel mind you), and your drawing shows up as a transparent layer as if you'd drawn it with the brush tool.

Also, hi Spaff.

Archived