Home

What happened to the PC?

Ok, so I don't see a PC logo on the banner.....are all the games being announced coming to consoles only?

Someone let me know as it's kind of a spit in the face to PC Gamers. I have a PS2, but I would really be bothered if Lucasarts ditched the platform that got them where they are today.

Sascha

I know what you mean. The slogan "Heroes for the Next Generation" has got me worried. I know that there will at least be a few PC ports, but that saying is clearly a reference to next-gen console platforms. I currently don't own any new console systems, and don't plan on purchasing any (unless the new Sam and Max game ever comes out).

As it is, I think consoles is the way that most gaming companies will go, simply because it's easier to make a profit there than it is for the PC. I mean, just look at the PC chart - The Sims, and all its different spin-offs, have been dominating the chart for the past eighteen months. On the charts combining PC games and console games you will rarely see a pure PC game. In the last few years, the only LEC PC game having an impact that I can think of, is Jedi Outcast.

Guess we'll have this confirmed (or shot down) as soon as LEC officially reveals its line-up.

Just wait until Star Wars Galaxies comes out at the end of this year.. than you will see how many people will play on a PC :D :D

oh and im sticking with a PC... cause i can play games with it, play DVD's with it, internet with it, make websites with it, use it for my work and make pictures..... so untill a console... and i mean ONE console can do ALL of that... THEN and only THEN will i BUY a console.

I'd certainly like to see the PC prevail as a gaming platform, and I think it will in some shape or form (particularly for online games), but I don't think it will be as huge as it once was.

The press release for the new Indiana Jones game promised that it would be released on PC as well as consoles, so we at least have that to look forward to. And given the previous work from Collective, the new Indy game has great potential.

Attack of the Consoles...:eek: :eek:

Huh. Jedi knight II is Lucasarts most popular title at this time, and they've got like what? A bunch of console titles with a couple pc titles?!?!?!:swear:

AAAAAHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!! Look! All of the announced EP2 titles, except Clone Campaigns, are console titles!!!!!!! It seems Lucasarts is throwing that whole thing about keeping their titles balanced!!!!!!!

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

Originally posted by remio

I'd certainly like to see the PC prevail as a gaming platform, and I think it will in some shape or form (particularly for online games), but I don't think it will be as huge as it once was.

Has it become any smaller? I think there are just a lot more console players out there, and games cost a lot more.

Originally posted by Jake

Has it become any smaller? I think there are just a lot more console players out there, and games cost a lot more.

That's beyond the point though. I mean, when there was PC and PS2, then it didn't really make a difference, but now there are two more next gen platforms to develop for. Which platforms do you think the majority will develop for?

Lucasarts has always been there with PCs and since the new game just announce will be coming for the PS2 I'm more than happy to invest if the game gets proper reviews.

However the PS2 is the only console I will be investing in. The PC and PS2 are in my opinion going to get ALL the titles I want in one form or shape.

Sascha

i agree, Lucasarts make us an OUTLAWS 2!!! i'm not a RTS fan so GB does nothing for me. JO was good but how about giving us PC peeps more. We have supported you right from the start and now your slowly forgetting about us. i hope Jedi Outcast doesn't go to consoles, i mean its bad enough they have RS2 and that Bounty Hunter game. i bet all the new lucas games at E3 are console titles.

smell u later lucasarts, smell u later forever!

Archived