Home

Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Wraith 8

After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?

• YES! Im not afraid! (you will be. You will be) :yoda:
    • I guess so. dont know. (See threw you we can) :syoda:
    • Nope. No way. (Afraid are you?) :rhett:
    • I wasnt planning on becoming a Jedi. (hmmmm. A wise choice.) :yodaball:

Woo hoo. My thread lives!

I'd better post a bit of serious stuff. In the SW period we're talking about, Vader is still active killing off all the Jedi. If you watch the movies closely, theres no dark Jedi but himself and the Emperor. Thats it. They don't recruit jedi, they kill them all. Good, bad, ugly. All the Jedi are killed.

So in-game, i'd say Vader will woop your ass and hand it back to you in a brown baggie.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:saberg:

Hey, I know some stuff about the Jedi profession that I hope will help you. Okay, here we go...

1. Anyone can be a Jedi. Everyone has the chance of being Force Sensitive (FS). It will be how you act to other things when you start the game that will give you a powerful FS. (Ex: You start the game, Buy a blaster, Go to Endor and start Ewok Hunting.) That is not a good way to show you want to be a Jedi by killing innocent creatures. It will go against your FS and probably deplete it to almost nothing left.

2. You can't just be a Jedi. First you have to find a Jedi Knight who is willing to train you. The Jedi Knight will then send you on Jedi Trials which you will have to complete. Now I have heard some pretty outraegous times to finish trials such as 10 - 12 hours. No way. A reliable resource says that it will only be up to 5 hours maximum as long as you don't take too much time exploring.

3. Once a Jedi Knight, you can lose your rank back to Jedi. You can do this by well i.e. Hunting Ewok again. Not a smart move. Lose rank and possibly your FS.

4. You can go Dark Jedi. Dark Jedi are the only evil type of person their is to get a lightsaber. Once you go Dark Jedi though, you lose practically all odds of joining the Alliance and 0% chance of your mentor to stick around with you. Also, Dark Jedi are not as powerful as Good Jedi. They still have the same mind power but most their force powers are used for harm and they become less powerful.

5. Warning to people who want to become Jedi: Once your a Jedi, your the hunted. What I mean by the hunted means exactly what it says. Bounty Hunters will be on your case every once and a while and if your really good, you'll have Darth Vader on your case. I have heard some really wacked out times about how much Bounty Hunters will try to kill you too. I've heard some guy say that about every 20 seconds there will be one after you. Wrong! There can only be one bounty on you at a time. This means that only about maybe once every 1 - 2 weeks you might have a guy after you. And Vader... If you're good enough maybe an attempt every month or so, if even.

6. Take Some Skills: When you get your rank as Jedi or even while your in the process of becoming a Padawan to a Jedi, you will want to take some skills. Here is a list of them...

POLITICS: Basic Negotiations, Basic Debate - Helps you with learning the Jedi Mind trick once you become Jedi.

LANGUAGE: All Languages - What Jedi doesn't know how to speak other languages besides basic. Especially learn Wookie, because they can't learn to speak basic.

WEAPONRY: Basic Craftsmanship, Basic Weapon Design - Once a Jedi, you may build your own lightsaber. These skills will allow you to learn what parts you need and how to make the lightsaber. You can build a single bladed or even double- bladed saber, whatever color, but you must know how to build it yourself. making your own lightsaber beats the one given to you mainly because it increases your powers if you make it.

7. Last Ideas: Play some Star Wars games, especially Jedi Knight 2 and learn how to use the lighstaber an controls. If you don't have the game, buy it or get the demo at LucasArts.com. Also, think about if you're going to want to carry a blaster around with you when the game comes out. Last thing...

Be Determined. If your not, than don't bother. I will make sure I will be a Jedi. I will not let a single Bounty Hunter get me nor any other force. I am determined and ready to complete the trials. Stay calm and don't brag. Don't start fights uneedingly. Don't be disrespectful to other players or even NPC. Don't Hunt Ewok. Don't think your the best, because there will always be better.

Okay, I will explain how the Force Sensitivity works in detail. A few little notes before I start though:

1. Force Sensitvity doesn't show up on a little bar on the right side of the screen like in Jedi Knight II.

2. Force Sensitivity is not shown in percents nor rates.

3. Force Sensitivity is built up by not being harmful; good citizen; etc...

Now that that's over, I can tell you the in- depth stuff. When you begin, you will be clueless about your Force Sensitivity the first few hours. After a while, things will pick up on your HuD when danger closes in and when things are hostile. At first it will be bearly recongnizable but as you keep doing things such as helping people and everything on note #3, you will see much clearer, tiny flashing dots incoming or outgoing from you. If you start doing bad things (Ex: Killing Creatures, Smuggling, Stealing Items), those flashing dots will fade to nothing. That's when you know that your FS is 0. When you start realizing that you have a good amount of FS, it will be your job to find a Jedi Knight. You might have to travel far but once you find one who will mentor you, it's all worth it. I can't say what gave me this information but I can tell you it's reliable and their are many websites out their about becoming a Jedi for a little help. Look around and you'll find a ton. I don't think you will need to though counting I just went throught it mostly but you can look around if you wish too. Anyway, I hope this answered your question for the most part.

Oooookay, Johnson. And you're getting this info from.....where? Last i knew the game wasnt released and they aren't exactly giving info out to just anyone. I'm fairly sure they haven't covered this in the beta either. So....the only possibility left is that you're lying. Thank you, come again.

Believe what you want. I don't really care if you don't believe me. I am getting this source from a certain site I won't mention designed by a person who's getting this info first hand. I'm glad you don't believe me actually, because when you see how you think I'm lying and stuff and the game comes out you're going to feel really dumb for that last post. Also, I wasn't actually refering to the Jedi Knight II game, I was just stating that your FS won't be displayed like the Force Bar in the lower right corner in JKII. Also, I know the game isn't a shooter to some extent. It is in it's own category. There are three categories in SWG pretty much. 1. The Civil War 2. Hunting 3. Staying a neutral citizen. The Civil War and Hunting area don't completely revolve around shooting, but they do, to some limit.

There was a slight error made in Gavor's post about Darth Vader and Emporor Palpatine with Dark Jedi. Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine actually aren't even Dark Jedi. There considered Sith. Dark Jedi was what Anakin Skywalker was while learning the evil ways of the force, but after being mentored by Palpatine, he was considered Sith. Other Sith include Darth Maul (Short Lived Charachter). What Dark Jedi really is is a person who decides to learn the evil ways of the force because it looks appealing. In all rectrospect though, Dark Jedi are weaker and the least powerful of all. That's why Vader isn't considered a Dark Jedi in the movie mainly because their would be no 5th episode if he was weaker than Obi- Wan Kenobi. Obi- Wan would still be kicking. Didn't mean to go into detail. Make sure to read my last post too.

I don't think you've been welcomed yet so

Welcome to

SWGalaxies.Net

first of all, why would dark jedi be considered weaker because they are more aggressive?

and, like i said a few months ago, they arn't sith and can't be sith because the sith race had dissapeared into the depths of space some 5000 years BBY. now the sith Lords or dark lords of sith were a educated by spirt of naga sadow or the sith holocrons, but that is annother story all together...

the reaso people are arguing with you about the control is because of your statement about how we should practice sabers in jk2 to get and idea on how to handle it. the word on the street is that you choose your action and you character executes it. so you can see how that is contradictory

oh and one more thing: what is it with your fixation on how it is evil to hunt ewoks?:D

I never feel really dumb. :) If it turns out you're right i'll still feel justified. If we believed every crackpot who wandered in and claimed inside info -on anything- we'd spend most of our life believing a pack of lies. So, excuse me if i think you're full of *#&$. Show me some evidence and i'll come to the party.

Hrm, yeah you're kinda right in your nitpick. They're not dark jedi as such, and ewok is right that they're not of the sith race. They're sith lords. My mistake, i just typed without trying to be totally correct. Most people make allowances for that.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. This looks to be an interesting discussion.

Most people make allowances for that.

Yup, and I'm one of them. I don't like being nitpicky about these things, atleast not with those I concider friends, so I let it slide. :)

Beside, I was fairly sure you knew the difference.

Now ... Johnson:

1. Anyone can be a Jedi. Everyone has the chance of being Force Sensitive (FS).

You're right about that.

It will be how you act to other things when you start the game that will give you a powerful FS. (Ex: You start the game, Buy a blaster, Go to Endor and start Ewok Hunting.) That is not a good way to show you want to be a Jedi by killing innocent creatures. It will go against your FS and probably deplete it to almost nothing left.

This is where this theory fails.

It won't be that easy. If it was, then everyone that wanted to become a Jedi would be one. The devs wouldn't do something that stupid.

2. You can't just be a Jedi. First you have to find a Jedi Knight who is willing to train you. The Jedi Knight will then send you on Jedi Trials which you will have to complete. Now I have heard some pretty outraegous times to finish trials such as 10 - 12 hours. No way. A reliable resource says that it will only be up to 5 hours maximum as long as you don't take too much time exploring.

This is most likely true. :)

3. Once a Jedi Knight, you can lose your rank back to Jedi. You can do this by well i.e. Hunting Ewok again. Not a smart move. Lose rank and possibly your FS.

Not likely cause ...

4. You can go Dark Jedi.

Now, assuming anything of this is true (point 4 is true by the way :) ) then point 4 directly contradicts point 3 or vice versa.

Point 5 is ok.

Point 6 sounds believable to a certain degree.

7. Last Ideas: Play some Star Wars games, especially Jedi Knight 2 and learn how to use the lighstaber an controls. If you don't have the game, buy it or get the demo at LucasArts.com. Also, think about if you're going to want to carry a blaster around with you when the game comes out. Last thing...

This is one of the most, scuse my language, stupidest help I've ever heard, cause it simply won't help at all. All it is is advertisment for other LucasArts games.

By the way, if you are into shooters, Star Wars, and Jedi, go out and buy Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast NOW!!!! :D

And if I were to give out advice to be (be, not become) a good Jedi, these would be it:

• Be determined. If your not, than don't bother.

• Stay calm and don't brag. The less attention you attract to yourself, the better.

• Don't start fights uneedingly. Same reason as above.

• Don't be disrespectful to other players or even NPC. That leads to the Dark Side.

• Don't be cruel to animals and other creatures. This also will lead you to the Dark Side.

And here's one I thought was a really good advice, which goes to every player; Jedi, Dark Jedi, Imperial, Rebel, casual:

• Don't think your the best, because there will always be someone better.

My point here is, that this theory has so many holes and just doesn't fit together. It's more likely someone pulled it out of their ass and accidentally got somethings right. :)

Personally, I think you should shoot your source, cause he/her just did something the devs are set to prevent at all cost: Someone being able to post the answer to becomming a Jedi.

So, if this is true, they have failed utterly, and I doubt they are that stupid.

Other things that make me doubt the validity of your post about Jedi:

Believe what you want. I don't really care if you don't believe me. I am getting this source from a certain site I won't mention designed by a person who's getting this info first hand.

This makes me suspicious to great extent, both to the truthfullness of this post aswell as your credibillity AND loyalty. You are willing to post these answers to become Jedi, but you are unwilling to give your source.

One can conclude down to 3 reasons why:

1. There are no source.

2. There is a source, but it is not a trustworthy one.

3. This is truly how it's going to be.

I can safely say I don't believe reason #3, but since I'm a nice guy who only thinks the best about anyone (yes even Palpatine :p well, ok not really) I will give you the benefit of the doubt and go with reason #2.

I'm glad you don't believe me actually, because when you see how you think I'm lying and stuff and the game comes out you're going to feel really dumb for that last post.

Gavor is unable to feel dumb. He is Gavor the Pantless after all. :D

(Inside joke. If you stick around long enough you will get it. ;) )

Also, I wasn't actually refering to the Jedi Knight II game, I was just stating that your FS won't be displayed like the Force Bar in the lower right corner in JKII.

Yes, that was exactly what you did. Read below:

7. Last Ideas: Play some Star Wars games, especially Jedi Knight 2 and learn how to use the lighstaber an controls.

I've already stated what I thought about this advice, so I won't repeat it.

It is in it's own category. There are three categories in SWG pretty much. 1. The Civil War 2. Hunting 3. Staying a neutral citizen. The Civil War and Hunting area don't completely revolve around shooting, but they do, to some limit.

This just doesn't make sense at all. You somehow imply that there will be 3 separate worlds or areas here. It is all intertwined, otherwise this is going to be a crappy game. And once again, I doubt the devs are that stupid.

Thank you and good night. :cool:

Seriously and on a bit friendlier note, I truly hope I haven't ruined any thoughts of sticking around here or angered you so much with this that you decide not to stick around. That was not my intention. It was just that you brought up something i felt needed be sorted out.

I fell kinda weird saying this right now, but ...

WELCOME TO THE SWGALAXIES.NET FORUMS!!!!!! :D

No, I'm sticking around so don't worry. I can't give the source is the only problem. It's a kind of meutral agreement thing. I'd love to tell you were but I can't and I'm sorry. Just believe what you want. Trust me, there's nothing I hate more than a person who says lies to get everyone's hopes up. It's annoying but sadly is true. In conclusion, this is my (Un?)Succesfiul Tutorial on the Jedi.

Nice analysis Jan, its what i would like to have done if i had the patience.

For all we know Johnson, you could be right. But its very very unlikely. I'm afraid one of the symptoms of having lurked around the net for years if the cynicism and distrust you build up. If i had a copy of SWG for every person i've heard from with 'secret inside info', and i mean in any area, i'd have a house full of SWG happiness.

I think Jan made a very good point, even if this info's real-and i stress that i dont believe it- why would you post it? If you really believe it, aren't you shooting the SWG community in the foot by telling everyone how to become a jedi? We'll have planets full of jedi and nothing else.

The game will fail, only the kiddie elite will play and the rest of us will spent our time re-watching ESB. I cannot believe that a fan of SWG would post this sort of detail if he really believed it to be true.

No way. I didn't release all info, barely any. That was basic. By the time the people actually see the stuff I didn't mention about becoming a Jedi they'll be crapping themslves (No Joke). They won't have the patience at all to become one. They make you do some pretty crazy stuff and that's the most I can say. This info doesn't come from the "Site". This actually comes from a person who would really know this stuff. Any way, what I told can be found pretty much all in this thread based down in one reply. Trust me, I revealed nothing at all important of becoming a Jedi. I never told you the in - depth which I won't. Sorry. Any way, all I'm saying is I didn't leak important info that will make the whole galaxy Jedi. There is a sytem I can't get into behind controlling "Jedi" Spamming if you'd liek to call it that.

Originally posted by Ewok Hunter

I don't think you've been welcomed yet so

Welcome to

SWGalaxies.Net

the reaso people are arguing with you about the control is because of your statement about how we should practice sabers in jk2 to get and idea on how to handle it. the word on the street is that you choose your action and you character executes it. so you can see how that is contradictory

I know it will be different, but I mean have you watched the combat videos on stratics?

It seems nothing like choosey our action man. The guy clearly says you double click on what you want to attack, and then you run around shooting, and you hit the f1-f12 keys to perform character combat abilities you've learned like going prone, rolling, etc.

There was a slight error made in Gavor's post about Darth Vader and Emporor Palpatine with Dark Jedi. Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine actually aren't even Dark Jedi. There considered Sith. Dark Jedi was what Anakin Skywalker was while learning the evil ways of the force, but after being mentored by Palpatine, he was considered Sith. Other Sith include Darth Maul (Short Lived Charachter). What Dark Jedi really is is a person who decides to learn the evil ways of the force because it looks appealing. In all rectrospect though, Dark Jedi are weaker and the least powerful of all. That's why Vader isn't considered a Dark Jedi in the movie mainly because their would be no 5th episode if he was weaker than Obi- Wan Kenobi. Obi- Wan would still be kicking. Didn't mean to go into detail. Make sure to read my last post too.

Allow me to correct your understanding of Dark Jedi. (I'd love to correct your grammar too but I'm not a miracle worker ;) )

Dark Jedi are force sensitive sentients who channel the force using destructive and selfish emotions. Like the emotions it draws on, the dark side of the force is both seductive and direct. A dark jedi can take raw anger and turn it into a blast of ravaging energy.

Dark Jedi are not inherently weaker, nor less capable than Jedi. In fact the sheer brute force they can weild has allowed untrained dark Jedi to engage and defeat ordinary Jedi who have been training for much longer. Only a fully trained Jedi knight, or a very lucky Padawan, can hope to survive a direct confrontation with a fully fledged Dark Jedi.

That Darkside is not kind to its users however. The elemental force of destruction takes as much, if not more than it gives from the user's body. Only a few learned Dark Jedi masters (and the Sith Lords were merely a dark jedi cult) such as Palpatine, learned how to sustain their lives by a kind of force vampirism.

Your suggestions that behaving cruelly to life would reduce your force sensitivity are illogical. Force sensitivity is not morally dependent!

Whilst you're about it, I don't think that Obi-Wan actually lost to Darth Vader; he took a dive.

If you think about it, taking your saber and holding it perfectly perpendicular to your body and closing your eyes isn't much of a defense. Why would he do this? "I shall become more powerful than you could imagine" (or something to that effect).

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good information, Lots of good posts, Lots of debate, lots of encouragment, lots of discouragement, lots of speculation, and in the end it doesn't even matter.

I will see you all come game time. Then we can banter on about the truth of becoming a Jedi. Give me the Facts first, yes it will be hard, but no one knows just how hard. Yes there will be an aspect of survival, but all characters have to be in survival mode at all times to be safe. Yes the road will be long, but if you want to play you will play, and if not then you won't. I hope to be a Jedi, but won't be devistated if not. It's kind of like life that way, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get eatin by wild animals. May the Force be with You.

Originally posted by JDiesal

I might be a bounty hunter that uses a lightsaber. Not a jedi though.

I do not beleive that you will simply be able to pick up and use a light-sabre with any proficiency unless you are an established jedi. It makes sense that you will be able to use it as a simple sword, but as for deflecting blaster fire etc, i doubt this will be the case. Also i would speculate that using a light-sabre would bring other bh's swarming to kill you.

Also emphasis has been placed on the need for a jedi to construct their own sabre, so i would doubt that you could buy one in a shop.

However, a bountyhunter with a sabre is a pretty cool idea imho :)

Originally posted by Johnson

No way. I didn't release all info, barely any. That was basic. By the time the people actually see the stuff I didn't mention about becoming a Jedi they'll be crapping themslves (No Joke). They won't have the patience at all to become one. They make you do some pretty crazy stuff and that's the most I can say. This info doesn't come from the "Site". This actually comes from a person who would really know this stuff. Any way, what I told can be found pretty much all in this thread based down in one reply. Trust me, I revealed nothing at all important of becoming a Jedi. I never told you the in - depth which I won't. Sorry. Any way, all I'm saying is I didn't leak important info that will make the whole galaxy Jedi. There is a sytem I can't get into behind controlling "Jedi" Spamming if you'd liek to call it that.

Think its safe to say that becoming a jedi will be for the fortunate and remaining a jedi will be for the dedicated.

I only hope that this wont kill off the game. I really hate to say it, but if 80% of players buy the game to play a jedi (grabbed that figure out of the air ;)), and find that they cant do so, they will swiftly lose interest and not renew their subbies. SWG is aimed at not only the role-players and the expanded-universe enthusiasts, but at those who loved the movies/books and dream of being part of this world. It would be a shame if the devs shoot themselves in the foot by making the jedi thing too rare.

Archived