Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather it look bland and be released, than it look detailed and not be released. Im sure others will make skins for this model.

but if you're really wanting to nail this, klorel, then my only gripe is that the the tabbords on the back of his tunic don't come down below the belt.

They don't in the movie either.

I too am a perfectionist, which is why his tabards dont pass the back belt, because from the movie footage I saw, mace windu's tabards stop at the back of the belt. As for black pants for the red, I could do that if enough people want it, but not always do people who are red models want to be sith, so i figure that if someone wants to make a sith skin, that would be fine, but this is mace windu (jedi master, not sith master). I personally lean towards the dark side myself, but for now, I'm staying with whats been done unless enough people want it changed. Thanks for all the feedback though, it is appreciated.

-Klorel

beige wouldnt be a bad idea, i might give that a try. as for the sound pack, post it, and maybe i'll use some maybe i wont, it all depends on if they fit with the taunt and what not. as for the facial animations, i'm not sure if they know how to or not, but i've asked them a while ago to do it, i'll ask again and if not then i'll get you in touch with them cause thats a necessity for single player adventures like AKPiggott's.

-Klorel

Nope couldn't find any of his movies with pain noises, i have Unbreakable but its got horrible audio quality.. this was the best i could do with what i have right now. I know some might make better taunts, thats what i thought too but i figured since i was so limited on sounds i may as well try to make good use of them instead of just having a bunch of taunts. You might not think they would work well as pain sounds and neither did i at first but they actually sounded pretty good in game when i tested them, in my opinion of course.

I did start off trying to do other pain sounds though, i grabbed a bunch from a few other games that i thought might be ok at the time but in game none of them sounded that good to me.

i guess i should have put em in the zip anyways, here they are now.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/Pain.zip

Thats because most have background noise from the movie, i'm not very good at removing that. But in game the background noise is hardly noticeable, i have to try extremely hard to hear it.

but whatever i tried, it was more for my personal enjoyment anyways, i always make my own soundpacks for models i like. If they get used cool if not no big deal. :)

Those are from the dvdrip of aotc, i noticed a little bit of quality loss in the conversion to mp3 but it didn't seem like too much. Perhaps they sound bad because i amplified them? i find you almost always have to amplify sounds ripped from movies to be able to hear them good enough in game, but i do have a crappy soundcard right now which might be contributing to that.. i've never had any complaints with other sounds i did though.

I was just listening to the sounds again and comparing them to the original clips i took them from and indeed you are right Grafox, the quality is much worse than it should be. I think after i amplified them with cooledit i saved them with the wrong settings or something, cant figure out what i did wrong cause this hasn't happened to me in the past. Anyways im sorry for wasting your time Klorel please do not use the death or pain sounds from that pack, i might try to redo them in better quality soon if i can find time but i can't guarentee anything.

And terror, who cares? i paid to see the movie 4 times in the theatre and i will be buying both the vhs and dvd when they are for sale. I see absolutely no reason why i can't use the leaked dvdrip to take sounds from, i am a huge supporter of Lucasfilms and always have been.

Originally posted by Deetox187

And terror, who cares? i paid to see the movie 4 times in the theatre and i will be buying both the vhs and dvd when they are for sale. I see absolutely no reason why i can't use the leaked dvdrip to take sounds from, i am a huge supporter of Lucasfilms and always have been.

that may be, but talking like that publically on lucasforums is a bad idea... you never know who may be watching.

Originally posted by BradFu

When you amplify with CoolEdit, you might be amplifying some noise as well. You should try removing the noise (I like to go about 10% with the noise filter). Just don't use the noise filter too heavily, or it will start to sound strange.

Well i'm sure a setting must have changed on me somewhere, i've ripped a lot of other sounds lately and amplified all of them and the quality never dipped like this. But yeah i'll experiment with the noise filter some more, i found it works ok sometimes but a lot of the time it only makes the sound worse.

I don't know if this has been stated before, but the perfect, non-suitable for children taunt is (if you are offended by insulsts, please, don't read the following: )

there you go...

"W@1st the M0th3r****3rs"

from "rules of engagement". He says it quite clearly and loudly throught the film, it should be easy to record and include is as a taunt.

Deetox, why would you buy the VHS *and* DVD versions of EP 2? Why not just get one or the other? Or if you have to buy 2 versions of the same thing, get Widescreen and Fullscreen DVD ;) . I had the VHS version of EP 1 until I got a DVD player, and now when I watch them I can see the difference, because the quality of the VHS got worse and worse with each viewing.

Archived