Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

Originally posted by Deetox187

Heh damn i thought you guys would like the falling sound, it was the best one i could find that sounded like Mace screaming. There was one other that was ok, think it was Kyles falling sound from Jedi Knight, but honestly i don't think its much better. Oh well i'm glad you guys like the sounds overall, hopefully some will be used for the model. :)

oh and Yoda The Dj i doubt you'd get much better quality, don't forget the audio will always sound better when your watching the movie because it uses very high bitrates and better codecs. Hell my copy has unbelievably good AC3 audio but when converted to mp3 it doesn't sound the same, nothing can be done about that.

whoa now, just cause anakin doesnt like it, doesnt mean EVERYONE doesnt like it

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey now, I never said I didn't LIKE the falling sound, all I said was it didn't sound like Mace. For such a calm and collected character, I didn't think he would have the loudest, sissiest scream in the game.

I don't have the movie Unbreakable, but for anyone that does, theres a scene where Sam L. falls down some stairs... maybe he's got a scream of pain or something that could be used as a possible replacement? I don't know, it's been forever since I've seen that movie (and it wasn't all that great anyway).

-Anakin

I would say use the sound when jango fett knocked him over the rail with his flame thrower (or rather he jumped) but unfortunately he didn't even grunt as I recall. Yeah, I dunno. It's a good falling sound (what you got already) but it is a bit over the top. that's the only thing I didn't like about that cheshire darth maul model (which rocks btw) it's just that his falling sound was over the top for a sith lord who barely made a sound. I'll just avoid falling :p

overall though, I could easily live with it. It's pretty dang good.

On a separate note, BOOYA!!!!!!! NO MORE PIT DROID OR BANTHA FODDER! BOOM BUM BIM BAM BABY! UHUH!!!!! UHUH UHUH UHUH! I'm a sith probe droid! (oh yeah, like that's a whole lot better:p ) j/k

Originally posted by Woodrodius

From line, "were keepers of the peace, not soldiers", and take out everything but peace, and use that. So when he's falling, he'll be like a badass and just say "Peace", like peace out, cuz he's so gnarly and cool that he doesn't even care he's falling.

I actually think that is a really good idea!

NO NO NO NO! Come on! Don't ruin another damn model by altering the lines to make him out of character! It's annoying enough to see 100 Ki-Adi Mundis running around saying "Your mother" when that doesn't even compute with what the hell he originally said. You might as well have Han Solo running around with a Harrison Ford line from K19 "We Will Not Fail!". Don't cheapen the model by screwing around with his lines. Release a different pack for it later if you will, but at least have the decency to leave his taunts the way the are.

Chrono i agree, that is exactly why i took out a couple sounds i had in the first pack that were from another movie.. they just didn't *feel* like Windu at all to me.

Heres that peace sound anyways, i don't like it as a falling noise myself but Klorel might feel differently.. it all comes down to what he likes since its his model.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/peace.mp3

Originally posted by Yoda The Dj

Actually Deetox, I have ripped very good quality sounds from SW2 for skins before. Just check out the taunts on this:

http://www.orderofthejedi.com/modules/OrakleMList/QQJJz_095.zip

Yeah those are some nice rips, they do sound a bit clearer than mine. I assume you took them from the svcd? My Xvid has AC3 audio which was a bitch to convert, only found one program that could do it.. works ok but loses some clarity in the conversion.

EDIT: actually i just ripped one of your taunts so i could compare them. Yours has a lot more background noise but the voice seems a little less bassy than in mine, weird.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/test.mp3

How about "Impossible?!" since that's the only one of his lines that makes sense?

Windu's lucky, he has more than two lines every movie...which is why it's easier to make sounds for him. But "Your mother?" come on. While it does sound incredibly funny the first couple of times...after a while it gets very annoying and out of character.

Trust me, I'd feel the same way if the Yoda team decided to use voices from Sesame Street.

Archived