Home

Mouse Sensitivity in FT1

mxbx

I think the mouse is slow for everyone in FT (and slower on the Y axis than X). I think it's just the game. It's exactly the same for me no matter the OS (DOS, Win95, Win98), or the mouse (Logitech and Microsoft), or the driver version. It's just slow and there's no way to set the sensitivity in the game; and changing sensitivity in Control Panel doesn't do anything, either. *Thpppt!*

i play it in dos anyway. but the mouse problem is only there right at the beginning with the menu before the opening sequence. then it's fine. i really see no difference in playing it in windows or dos, so play it in dos (or dos prompt as i and probably many of you have) sound is a lot better and the mouse works like normal. or just go into the settings and control panel(don't worry, this shouldn't effect any of the system) from there double click on mouse and pointer options (may be different for those without win me, but i shouldn't think so) there should be a bar for changing the mouse speed. again, this won't effect your system, i don't know if this has any effect in the game (this is just a guess by the way) but it may help. change it back after playing the game.

this may help, or it may be a load of bull, but hey, it might help.

Originally posted by Marek

Yeah I have this problem too and it sucks. I wish there was some sort of solution (besides getting a really old computer and play it in DOS only).

Tried it. Doesn't help. The mouse issue goes back to the game's release, I think. It's mentioned in the LEC tech support page and in the troubleshooting thing with the game. Their 'solution' is to update your mouse drivers...but if drivers current in 2002 won't help a game released in 1995, it's not much a fix.

(BTW Neil, I doubt the problem is going away for you. You just get used to it after a while.)

no really, it's really slow when i have to choose whether to play the game or setup sound or whatever, but after the beginning sequence, the mouse is fine, it moves at the normal speed, i don't just get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is weird. I second what The Joshi says. The mouse is excruciatingly slow on the menu (ie. the high-res bit where you get to choose between playing the game, setting up the sound, and so on), but fine once you get into the game itself.

FWIW, I have a Logitech PS/2 mouse and I'm playing the budget re-release of FT. As for the DOS mouse driver, it's a generic-o Logitech one that came with Windows 95.

There is hope! :)

UPDATE: OK then. I just tried it on my new(er) computer and the problem occurred as described. This sucks! :) I'll look into it a bit more if I can be bothered (don't hold your breath ;))

I have the original release of Full Throttle and have the same 'slow mouse in first menu' problem. But I don't really see that as a problem since...I mean we don't hang out in that "Play Full Throttle, "Audio Settings", "Video Settings" menu anyway.

In the game itself the mouse is like any other LEC game as far as I can tell...

I have recently tried this original release of Full Throttle on p3 733mhz and I believe it was in Windows98 SE.

Archived