Home

Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow looking good, just gonna say god luck and if u can (plzzzzzzz) can u put up pics of each progression in the model ( sorry i like looking at how they progress) if not dont worry just concentrate on the model

FATTEH

Edit... is it me or does qui gon look like an elf :)

Tex would have earlier pics if he took any, I just got the models from him as is.

I like to keep people as updated as I can so as soon as skining starts I'll be sure to post some shots durring the various stages :)

Arco is going to skin Qui-Gon, and I think Episode 1 Obi, K-man is working on the Episode II Obi

ok so I have not got the mesh to skin yet. So don't expect anything from me at least untill a week after I get the mesh to skin.... and I don't know when that will be.

I want to crit your skin kman... but the link won't work for me.

Arco:deathii:

A couple of thoughts on the subjects of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan (ep1/2) models. I don't know if the model themselves will be altered, but I hope so, 'cause I can see a few things that need to be more accurate. If Toonces or KMan or Tex will not be altering the models any further, please disregard the following points.

1) All 3 of the models have the same exact problem. The tabards are the wrong length below the belt. On Obi (both ep1/2), the tabards should be the same length as his kimono-like thing (the layer right underneath the tabards). That is to say, they should not extend any further *below* where the kimono ends below the belt. On Qui-Gon, the tabards hang down further, almost to his knees. They also are way too thick. They should only be as thick underneath the belt as they are individually above it. I also noticed on the back of the ep2 Obi that the tabards join together above the belt and are not separated at all below it. The tabards are two individual pieces, not one whole one. I assume this is also on the other 2 models, but I can't tell 'cause I can't see the back.

2) The padawan braid is WAY too long on Obi.

3) All 3 models (to a lesser degree with ep2 Obi) seem a little too bulky. I don't know if this is because of the screenshot or what, but Qui-Gon was definitely taller than Obi.

4) The eyes on all the models are placed too close together.

5) The boots stick out too far from the legs. They weren't skin tight in the movies, but they weren't as thick as they are in the pics either.

Sorry if this all seems a little nitpicky, I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism to help you all make the models even better than they already are. Keep up the good work!

-Anakin

Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

A couple of thoughts on the subjects of the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan (ep1/2) models. I don't know if the model themselves will be altered, but I hope so, 'cause I can see a few things that need to be more accurate. If Toonces or KMan or Tex will not be altering the models any further, please disregard the following points.

1) All 3 of the models have the same exact problem. The tabards are the wrong length below the belt. On Obi (both ep1/2), the tabards should be the same length as his kimono-like thing (the layer right underneath the tabards). That is to say, they should not extend any further *below* where the kimono ends below the belt. On Qui-Gon, the tabards hang down further, almost to his knees. They also are way too thick. They should only be as thick underneath the belt as they are individually above it. I also noticed on the back of the ep2 Obi that the tabards join together above the belt and are not separated at all below it. The tabards are two individual pieces, not one whole one. I assume this is also on the other 2 models, but I can't tell 'cause I can't see the back.

2) The padawan braid is WAY too long on Obi.

3) All 3 models (to a lesser degree with ep2 Obi) seem a little too bulky. I don't know if this is because of the screenshot or what, but Qui-Gon was definitely taller than Obi.

4) The eyes on all the models are placed too close together.

5) The boots stick out too far from the legs. They weren't skin tight in the movies, but they weren't as thick as they are in the pics either.

Sorry if this all seems a little nitpicky, I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism to help you all make the models even better than they already are. Keep up the good work!

-Anakin

You need to be less picky. Why do you want it to take longer to put these models in game. I dont care if the braid is too long and the eyes on all the models are placed too close together. It looks great without those changes you were talking about.

Originally posted by bobafett101

You need to be less picky. Why do you want it to take longer to put these models in game. I dont care if the braid is too long and the eyes on all the models are placed too close together. It looks great without those changes you were talking about.

He was just giving contructive critisism, something I don't see you do. :mad:

About the braid, it is accurate size, just look at some pics.

Found some reference pics.

http://http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Qui-Gon_Jinn&image=qgj-ig07.jpg&img=112&tt= This one shows how long Qui-Gon's tabards are supposed to extend.

http:// http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Qui-Gon_Jinn&image=EWobi_qui.jpg&img=208&tt= This one shows the correct colors of their clothing.

I haven't found a reference pic that proves that the tabards are split in the back, but I will. In the meantime, I hope this helps.

-Anakin

Anakin just copied the links wrong, anyway, these are the pics he meant

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Qui-Gon_Jinn&image=EWobi_qui.jpg&img=208&tt=

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Qui-Gon_Jinn&image=qgj-ig07.jpg&img=112&tt=

I spent a little time this morning unwraping Qui-Gons head. I got a little bored so I figured I'd see what I can do. As I mentioned earlier, the mesh is quite well built so it shouldnt be a problem for me to do

Qui-Gons tabbards are spit, as are teh others too, two seperate pieces of fabric.

Those pics also look fanned? The tabbards should be straight.

And Tercero said he'd do Ep1 Obi, so I'd defiantly like Qui-Gon done.

Is there anyway you can use Tereceros pouches?

-Justin

Archived