Home

The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats really good! Is this the first Skin/Model you've made? If it is you should have started doing this along time ago. Thats the best Model/Skin of Mara Jade I've seen. If it is a model everyone's going to be using it you know like first the only thing everyone used was reborns trillions and trillions of reborns. Then Tyrion I think, was the next model they used a trillion times. This one's probably gunna be the next. Its that good.

Originally posted by Slade Renegade

not to sound crude but can JK II suport animation? like hair waveing as you run and ahem breasts bounceing :p

and not sure if i was asked already but i'm sure alot of guys would love to see a naked version......

all in all the model is great! i always liked mara over the other females of SW.

.....oooookaaaaaaayyyyyyy.......... :confused:

Wow, that is looking really good! There is a serious lack of female models out and with this as a base for future modellers, I am looking forward to a good few female models in the near future! :thumbsup:

Slade Renegade> The only animated model I have seen is the matrix agent although parts don't move on it, only the texture.

A naked version sounds un-Star Wars, Slade Renegade. I would like to say that that would eliminate the purpose of making this just to make something like that. Also I would sugest that such a version be never released it is against Star Wars, if George Lucas put that sort of... stuff into the movies I'd go watch Star Trek er something.

This is a really good model and such a thing as Slade Renegade asked for should not be released except after extreme thought.

How can they own anything you do outside of work? Is that just a standard contract you agree to when you work for a game studio? That's really sad :(

It's looking very nice though (i think i like her with her hair back better though, it'll look better in-game that way too since we don't have any kind of cloth rendering in Quake III), but i really hate that feeling when its like you couldn't put all your heart into it... it just doesn't feel like a piece of art anymore.

This is a really good model and such a thing as Slade Renegade asked for should not be released except after extreme thought.

Not quite. It could be used as a good base from which to make further skins.

If you've ever skinned for The Sims, then you would know that the skins in that game are based off naked models. Most people, hopefully, don't actually use those models in-game.

So since I hate the Jan model, and am not skilled enough to make my own, this would be a perfect base model.

Unfortunately, he said he doesn't have time to release the base model/skin or anything--just the Mara skin.

Jello- Good point, but The Sims is a more casual game when it comes to character customization and skins.

It is more acceptable just to do a cut and paste job on top of the base skins for the Sims. I have seen so many crappy skins made that were pasted pictures of austin powers on top of a head with a nearly naked body with a british flag speedo that cries 'MSPaint'.

But in the First Person Shooter market, there is a more centralized group and community that enjoy making these things, and can do them from scratch. So cut/paste jobs and MS Paint or Paint Shop Pro re-colors are considered a half-arsed job and nobody takes them seriously as an artist.

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

anyway, like i said at the beginning, why not just have a basic skin out on the basic "nude" model

you dont have to model nipples or genitalia, and have a skin without those, and boom, a good base people can use, no stupid graphic nudity

now that's not a bad idea...

Archived