Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

Originally posted by inbredyokel

You know, lots of recording studios are in basements, so I'll take that as a complement (j/k). Really though, it's totally up to what kman/toonces prefer. I simply offered to do the sounds because it seems kman doesn't exactly have loads of spare time for this model, and I can tell you it would be bad if Plo had to use even a few default sounds. Once the skins are finished, you know there will be hoards of people screaming "gimme gimme gimme," and at that point it would be nice to have a carefully selected sound pack ready, rather than one hastily thrown together to please the masses and get the model out sooner.

Good point. I wouldn't want Plo to use any "stock" sounds from Outcast either. And I really don't care if he has telepathic taunts or speaking ones. And why can't he have both? Just because he has a mask on doesn't mean that he has to sound like Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid... I'm sure he can talk normally if he wants to. I think a carefully selected sound pack is the perfect compliment to this great model, so I wish luck to everyone that is working on it or contributes to it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KMan

I have a gas mask at the house here, I'm gonna see how that sounds. Might take it to my schools sound recording studio and get a few samples. Just an idea.

That's a good idea, KMan. You'd get that real authentic "behind the mask" sound. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Why do you need a mask? Can't you use Lowband/Highband noise filters to create that kind of effect? I suppose it's convenient that you have a mask, but the sound may come out huffy with your breath spread by the mask. I dunno... seems like something that can be done in software.

Whoever is working on the sounds (KMan, I guess?), have you decided what Plo is going to say and how he should sound? I just hope he doesn't turn out sounding like a Stormtrooper. :p

Originally posted by Deetox187

I think you should just take some normal sounds and add an echo to make it sound kinda telepathic.

maybe something like this (right click save target as)

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/example.mp3

Again, I think the authors need to consider the fact that the sound effects are meant to be clearly audible. That sound effect is great, but I can't imagine hearing it well in-game.

Originally posted by PalnGipanji

Again, I think the authors need to consider the fact that the sound effects are meant to be clearly audible. That sound effect is great, but I can't imagine hearing it well in-game.

You are right and you are wrong, yes the sound the way it is would not be easily heard in game.. but thats nothing a little amplification won't fix, i just increased the volume by 3db and tested it in game as a taunt, i could hear it just fine.

Originally posted by Anakin-Davin

i think that sounds perfect. Plo is telepathic. So he won't talk regular. The way u made it sound is perfect for some1 with telepathy. Put that one on or the one about the darkness. And they are perfect, if these ppl don't like it, they should just not use taunts then

As no one knows for sure in the canon of Star Wars whether Plo is telepathic or not, why not have both a speaking taunt (with the thru the mask sound) and a telepathic one. Even if he was telepathic he would most likely use both if he could. Then everyone is happy and all bases are covered.

Originally posted by GreenDevil

That could work... make a combination of both

Though, I do still think that the ones from the Clone Campaigns should be added... at first I didn't like them, but the more you listen to them the more you can picture Plo saying them...

Well if someone could send me the sounds for him, from the Clone Campaigns, I can take a look at them and see if any of them could be used, or worked off of.

I can send them to you Kman.

In fact, I have already started to make those sounds into a complete sound pack (with pain sound, etc.).

But, with college I haven't really had a chance to fine tune them. If you want I can send them to you and you can finish them up.

Where should I e-mail them to?

Alright, I see them in my inbox. I'll take a look at them when I get home from work. Now that school has started back up, I can see about using their sound stage for some extra recordings.

I doubt my voice would sound very good through a gas mask, so I'm gonna get someone with a deeper voice to help me out. Also take some breath clips.

Yeah, I actually rigged the model. I've seen an early version of the skin too and it's very nice even in a early state.

The weighting on the unrobed is complete for now, I'm going to wait until KMan finishes his skin before I tweak some more, it'll be easier for work out deformations that way.

It'll definatly be worth the wait :)

Archived