• Luke vs vader bespin
    • Luke vs vader DS
    • Obi wan and qui gon vs maul
    • Anakin vs dooku
    • Obi wan vs dooku
    • Obi wan vs vader

what are you doing to me krkode you are trying to ruin my plans

beside if you have not seen the best movies (well the 1 and 3) it is your fault

"old lady Waynes world 2" ranked 3 movie and "joliet Jake" from the original blues brothers ranked # 1 or2

He does have a point, Young Fergie. If you don't limit your use of unconstructive posts, as "valiant" as your cause is, we'll have to take action.

But I gotta say.. Yoda vs. Dooku owned all, but Obi-wan fought awesome against Maul.

I'm just having fun, and preventing you from taking over the world...i know, i keep doing it over and over again, but if its gotta be done, i'll do it. :D

And when someone posts a poll, and its got all starwars in it, you must try to conclude, think, that its a starwars related duel question.

Next time think, i know its hard for some people, but you must.:)

Originally posted by Lord Fergie

ok how bout yoda vs kermit or fossie or some frank oz muppet charecter or however you spell charecter

First off, it's Fozzie...and Yoda could beat 'em all, but may have a tough time w/ Miss Piggy...yes, Frank Oz was Miss Piggy!

p.s. C-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r, and I'm going to throw my voice in with everyone else to get lame fergie banned. :rolleyess

I have to go with Episode 6: Return of the Jedi Luke vs. Darth Vader saber duel.

VADER: "You cannot hide forever, Luke."

LUKE: "I will not fight you."

VADER: "Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for . . . "

Vader stops and senses something. Luke shuts his eyes tightly, in anguish.

VADER: "Sister! So . . . you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will."

Luke ignites his lightsaber and screams in anger.

LUKE: "NOOOOO!"

Luke rushes at his father with a frenzy we have not seen before. Sparks fly as Luke and Vader fight in the cramped area.

Luke's hatred forces Vader to retreat out of the low area and across a bridge overlooking a vast elevator shaft. Each stroke of Luke's sword drives his father further toward defeat.

The Dark Lord is knocked to his knees, and as he raises his sword to block another onslaught, Luke slashes Vader's right

hand off at the wrist, causing metal and electronic parts to fly from the mechanical stump. Vader's sword clatters uselessly away, over the edge of the platform and into the bottomless shaft below. Luke moves over Vader and holds the blade of his sword to the Dark Lord's throat.

Now that's drama! This scene just gives me chills with John William's final duel theme playing in the background, the sabers clashing and sparking, the rage in Luke's face as he swings and SWINGS and SWINGS until Vader's hand goes flying and Luke stands there realizing how close he came...

GAWD, that's just awesome! :D

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

I have to go with Episode 6: Return of the Jedi Luke vs. Darth Vader saber duel.

VADER: "You cannot hide forever, Luke."

LUKE: "I will not fight you."

VADER: "Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for . . . "

Vader stops and senses something. Luke shuts his eyes tightly, in anguish.

VADER: "Sister! So . . . you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will."

Luke ignites his lightsaber and screams in anger.

LUKE: "NOOOOO!"

Luke rushes at his father with a frenzy we have not seen before. Sparks fly as Luke and Vader fight in the cramped area.

Luke's hatred forces Vader to retreat out of the low area and across a bridge overlooking a vast elevator shaft. Each stroke of Luke's sword drives his father further toward defeat.

The Dark Lord is knocked to his knees, and as he raises his sword to block another onslaught, Luke slashes Vader's right

hand off at the wrist, causing metal and electronic parts to fly from the mechanical stump. Vader's sword clatters uselessly away, over the edge of the platform and into the bottomless shaft below. Luke moves over Vader and holds the blade of his sword to the Dark Lord's throat.

Now that's drama! This scene just gives me chills with John William's final duel theme playing in the background, the sabers clashing and sparking, the rage in Luke's face as he swings and SWINGS and SWINGS until Vader's hand goes flying and Luke stands there realizing how close he came...

GAWD, that's just awesome! :D

You're right, Havoc...that duel had the most emotional affect on me by far.

It's alot of hard choices...let's break them down.

A) Yoda vs Dooku

Kickass fight. Yoda's fighting, all the dramatic dialogue (besides the one groaner of a 'lightsaber' line); you just knew that you were seeing the MASTERS duel. No doubt about it.

B) Luke vs Vader (Bespin)

Four words: I am your father.

C) Luke vs Vader (Death Star II)

This one wins for emotional impact, as Havoc pointed out. Luke's near fall to the dark side and John Williams Final Duel theme...hai...like Havoc said. :D

D) Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Maul

The Duel of the Fates. Sheer coolness factor. The most visually stunning lightsaber battle of all time, including the AotC one. John William's incredible track adds enormously to it. This battle isn't one of words...it's one of emotion.

E) Anakin vs Dooku

Pretty cool, and significant that Anakin loses his arm. But not up there with the all-time greats.

D) Obi-Wan vs Dooku

Also pretty cool, but also not an all-time great.

E) Obi-Wan vs Vader

The very first lightsaber match seen. Played like a game of chess...not the most visually stunning sight. Obi-Wan Kenobi becomes "more powerful than we could possibly imagine."

I believe I can summarize the best fights and why (in no particular order):

Yoda vs Dooku: Battle of the Masters

Luke vs Vader (1): "I am your father."

Luke vs Vader (2): Most drama.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Maul : The Duel of the Fates.

Archived