Home

Killer Gaming Comp

Eets

Check this puppy out:

http://www.alienware.com/main/configurator_pages/area51.asp?RetrieveQuote=Eets@GalacticBattles.com-251974

While I was going through one of my regular "I wish I had a kick-ass computer" breakdowns, I went to Alienware.com to create the ultimate gaming experience for myself.

What I ended up with was not pretty.

$10,000 worth of 3d gaming goodness! :D

Triple Flat Panel LCD panaramic 3d gaming view monitors, top of the line sound card, 5.1 surround speakers, and a sweet joystick to boot!

Daddy wants.

You idiot! Parehilia's card SUCKS for gamning...or have you not read about it yet? It REALLY sucks at main type display and gets a little better on AA. But GeForce 4 Ti 4600 still whips it good on all the benchmarks. The card was designed not for gaming...but for everyday use. (That's $500 for everyday use there...)

*adjusted to my wants...EXCEPT NO PROJECTOR!!!:ball: *

http://www.alienware.com/main/configurator_pages/area51.asp?RetrieveQuote=emperor@darthfergie.com-251988

Originally posted by Eets

Yes, but can it support three monitors?

Screw that. All I need is a regualr fast monitor and LCD screen. Parhelia would just screw up your gaming...so in other words IT SUCKS AT GAMING AND IS ON A GAMING COMP. Screw that:p

BTW, I added a LAN kit, because if I got it...I still have this other killer gaming comp right in front of me...So I could invite friends over to play LAN games on the two of my comps. That would be pretty cool...and I took off your game pack(I've already got a ton of games...only game I'm wanting at this moment is Neverwinter Nights) and switched in a GamePad instead of the Arcade Controler.

Check this puppy out:

http://www.alienware.com/main/configurator_pages/area51.asp?RetrieveQuote=Eets@GalacticBattles.com-251974

While I was going through one of my regular "I wish I had a kick-ass computer" breakdowns, I went to Alienware.com to create the ultimate gaming experience for myself.

What I ended up with was not pretty.

$10,000 worth of 3d gaming goodness! :D

Triple Flat Panel LCD panaramic 3d gaming view monitors, top of the line sound card, 5.1 surround speakers, and a sweet joystick to boot!

Daddy wants.

No scanner, Eets? How will you ever show us your picture? ;)

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

No scanner, Eets? How will you ever show us your picture? ;)

Who said he did not already have a picture handy to show people? :)

Oh... I probably shouldn't have said that, sorry, Eets ;)

Ferg, please stop dissing the Parhelia! The thing is great for gaming. It may not be the fastest contender, but its image quality is unmatched - perfect for a graphic designer like Eets, who does not want to play many games outside of star wars stuff. Coupled with a big enough monitor (19" and up), the Parhelia is perfect for Eets :)

...Have you READ ANY reviews for it???

It may be good for graphics designing...but for myself I'd rather have something that is less expensive and 2 times better for my JO experiance thank you very much:p :D

It is innovative...but it's components just need to be used in a better way if they want mass market success.

You know what Eets? Screw the Alienware computer :p. I would rather be biulding my own computer and save ALOT of money in the process :D. All I need is a GeForce 2 Ti, AMD Athlon, a new HD and I'm set for a while! You need to try and think Eets ;). You can biuld your own computer and get great parts if you look around for maybe $2,000, maybe less! *Slaps Eets with the Lucas Forums Trout (Copy righted for my use only!!!!)!* All that for a great JO Experiece :lol:..

*scans through the first post in this thread*

I'm sorry, but I don't see the word "need" anywhere in that post.

This computer isn't about NEEDS, it's about WANTS, and what would make a wicked sweet, kickass computer! Besides, SOME of us aren't that sexually involved with our computers that we want to make our own from scratch! In other words, I'm just too dumb to do it.

And as regards that whole argument between the Matrox and the GeForce, I'd probably buy a seperate GeForce4 and use it for JO and other games :p

And besides Ackbar, your comp sucks for what I'd want this computer to do. :D

I don't mean any disrespect or flaming in this post, so if you feel offended, tough cookies.

And besides Ackbar, your comp sucks for what I'd want this computer to do. :D

ja wat woud you like him to do, eat all your monny? :p

Alien ware pc:

$10,000

My Com PC:

500 € (about 400 $)

and i can do even more whit it!

i can buy 20 pc whit that monny and there are even better becose its no intel

i dont want an alien ware even for free

that alien pc are yust waaaaay to expencive for those specs

Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

and i can do even more whit it!

i can buy 20 pc whit that monny and there are even better becose its no intel

i dont want an alien ware even for free

that alien pc are yust waaaaay to expencive for those specs

Man Ackbar, I can't believe you just said that :D

Pentium 4 0WNZ J00 @!!

Not to mention, your comp is what, a GeForce2? The vid card on this alienware is practically the top of the line for gaming video cards on the market today!

This computer could do in 1 second what your computer would take 5-10 seconds to do!

Jeez, listen to me... getting all defensive over a comp I don't even have :D

i can get exsely the same one

for 1000 $

only its a bid slow for games

i prever 3D NOW and AMD Athlon XP and geforce 4 ti 4600 for games

and al this is not in that system

this system may be good but not for games

i can show you a link why intel is slow for games if you want to know

Everybody knows why...But the thing is with a processing power of 2.3 GHz the slowness doesn't matter. It is still faster then Athlon's models could ever be unless they upgraded to the technology Pent 4 uses or got lucky and discovered better.

The concept with dream comps is to get the BEST comp money can buy. It's not likly you'll get one...but it's something to dream about. Just think how fast that thing would go. How flawless playing games like JO would be...the power at your finger tips! It's like many people's fetish with cars...gotta have the most powerful...that's the thing that compels people to get dream comps.

BTW, Eets...the one feature I like about the Matrox card is surround gaming...Imagine...JO...Front monitor reg. view. Left monitor has the view from your left sholder, right monitor has the view from your right sholder just like peripheral vision...now that would be pretty cool...

Actually they are. The new Pent. 4s have nearly fixed the problem with their model call NorthWind (or something like that) it also included the capability for DDR which was Athlon's only real driving point. Also the Athlon models are about as streched as their ever gonna get. They're using an old base which is projected to get to maybe 3GHz or 4GHz...the Pent 4 on the other hand is projected to go up around 10-15GHz if I'm reading my PCGamer right...although by the time they get up to 10 I'll bet they have another processor model out to take it's place. Also if you have an Athlon motherboard and wish to upgrade your system to a more powerful processor (I.e.-Pent 4...say 4-5GHz) then you'd have to change motherboards and basically rebuild your system. Where as Pent 4 users could most likely upgrade easier, unless they changed rqs for the new boards.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Actually they are. The new Pent. 4s have nearly fixed the problem with their model call NorthWind (or something like that) it also included the capability for DDR which was Athlon's only real driving point. Also the Athlon models are about as streched as their ever gonna get. They're using an old base which is projected to get to maybe 3GHz or 4GHz...the Pent 4 on the other hand is projected to go up around 10-15GHz if I'm reading my PCGamer right...although by the time they get up to 10 I'll bet they have another processor model out to take it's place. Also if you have an Athlon motherboard and wish to upgrade your system to a more powerful processor (I.e.-Pent 4...say 4-5GHz) then you'd have to change motherboards and basically rebuild your system. Where as Pent 4 users could most likely upgrade easier, unless they changed rqs for the new boards.

this all is not true

first pentuim 4 can get only to 4 ghz

and pentuim 4 2400 + and above uses a little devernt chip whits uses a other moderbord!

Archived