Home

Pirates of the Caribbean

elTee

LucasTones has unveiled the latest LucasArticle - this one is on the Pirates of the Caribbean, and should be very informative to Monkey Island fans. There is audio and video to download if you wish, and lots of pictures. There are even two comparison pages where scenes from the ride are compared to scenes from the game.

Read the article here

By the way, the reason that comic-book-character related films are being made is not Spiderman - It's X-Men, remember? I know for a fact that The Incredible Hulk movie already had a trailer before Spiderman was released. And Batman's always been popular.

Other than that, it's a very informative article, if a little speculative.

Originally posted by Scummbuddy

How nice of you to have such an open mind.

Ok, ok, maybe I was a bit harsh, but I still think Bruckheimer is a bad producer. I don't think he's ever produced something that you could call high-quality film-making. But maybe, and that's just a tiny maybe, he can get it right this time, although I seriously doubt it.

are you forgetting a little file called "American Gigolo"? And how about the brilliant, heartwarming, touching "Cat people"? And how could we forget the poignant, stirring, emotional, fiery "Flashdance"?

I watch Flashdance every morning when I get up , just to get pumped!

Did anyone see the TV show Action - about a movie producer. Peter Dragon always made me think of Jerry Bruckheimer. I don't know if he was the intended target...

That was a great show, pity it didn't last.

And Black Hawk Down sucked. It wasn't a movie, it was a long drawn out action sequence, like a theme park ride, which makes the Pirates of the Caribbean kind of make sense...

• 4 months later...

I forgot to tell you all! I've dug up this relic of a post to tell you about it anyway:

The official site for the up-coming Pirates of the Caribbean movie is here, and there's a trailer!

Download the trailer here if the link on the main page fails you, like it did for me. The trailer is pretty much just some stock footage of the caribbean with a rather ropey looking (hopefully just an early version, the film isn't out for ages) island in the shape of a skull.

The poster is cool though, and the music in the trailer is seriously good. I hope it is actually music from the movie, and not from something else, as often happens with trailers, especially such early ones. I doubt Alan Silvestri (Back to the Future) has composed much music yet, with so little actual footage, but this music in the trailer is cool.

Anyway, hope you like it. I seem to be the only person interested in this movie, being as its the closest damn thing we're gonna get to a Monkey Island movie. And the cast kicks ass as well!

Originally posted by scabb

By the way, the reason that comic-book-character related films are being made is not Spiderman - It's X-Men, remember? I know for a fact that The Incredible Hulk movie already had a trailer before Spiderman was released. And Batman's always been popular.

Other than that, it's a very informative article, if a little speculative.

X-men Was the first of the new-generation movies. Marvel made a bunch of B movies such as Fantastic Four, the old Hulk, and some others I don't Know. They all did poorly.

Then Marvel went bankrupt until they Made X-Men which brought them up from the gutter.

New-Generation Movies-

1. X-Men

2. Spider-Man

3. Daredevil

4. Hulk

5. X-Men 2

The point of that, in case some of you are wondering (or have forgotten, or haven't read my article) is that the Pirates of the Caribbean movie could hopefully kick-start a whole load of new pirate movies. This might mean that at some point George Lucas dishes out the Monkey Island license to someone (Spielberg*, or some new-comer) in order to make him some more money. Of course, this would please us.

*Spielberg is one of a select few people on the LucasArts list who get a copy of thier new games before they are released. That is why he went to LucasArts with the idea for The Dig, and so it is possible he's a Monkey Island fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived