Home

Damn. It. All!!!

Sherack Nhar

I don't have either of those.

First of all, I am going to get a new hard drive tomorrow so I can use my gaming box again. After all I still want to play a little session of Neverwinter Nights and Jedi Outcast once in a while.

Then, I'm considering getting a laptop for everyday use. The iBook sure is tempting... I'm going to do a bit of research on that gem, cause the wireless internet access sounds very interesting...

Okay the Gateway offerings look dated and not very good. Where did you get this info, Rhett?

The Dell one looks cool, but it would cost 3000$ CAD to get one that fits my needs, WITHOUT wireless connection! :eek:

The iBook is a lot less expensive, at $1667 USD including wireless internet access and a DVD/CD-RW combo( which the Dell had not). However, my only gripe with this option is that the video output connector on the back is designed for Apple monitors only - I would not be able to plug in my 19'' Samsung monitor! Unless there is a workaround to this issue... can somebody with more knowledge in Apple-lore then me can help me out here?

Well it looks like wireless internet access is not an option for me anyway, since no ISP offers that service in my area.

On the FAQ at Apple's website it says that you can plug any VGA monitor on a mac, but I can't see how that is physically possible when looking at the iBook's rear ports...

Maybe I should email them?

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Gateways are evil...I won't ever trust them again.

What, i have a gateway and i've never had any problems with it (other than it is way outdated now). I've had almost every other kind of problem imaginable though. I've had ISP problems, NIC card problems, driver problems, IDE problems, HD problems, virus problems, CD-RW problems. But my gateay has never let me down, just everything else i put one it.

Gateways are evil...I won't ever trust them again.

Now that is so true RN! Even I have a Gateway that died about four weeks ago on me because I accidently kicked the surge protector :eek:. It was only four years old, so I know from the past that they sucked anyway! Cheap CD Drive to replace the one it originally had..... Anyhow, I will now be biulding instead of getting a new computer! Sherack Nhar, I feel your pain :(. I can;t even play JKII anymore among other things of which I don't remember now) until I get money to repair my computer. Gl finding a laptop for your needs SN ;)! May the force be with you :lol:.

I had for the longest time a computer from a local company called "Alien Technologies" (Or something like that). It NEVER EVER died on me... However it did suck ass in terms of hardware and so I eventually had to get my new 1337 Dell..

I did have that old thing for FIVE YEARS though...

Normally, I'd prefer to construct my own computer. But if I had to choose a company to purchase one from, the only ones I'd even consider would be Dell and Compaq.

The only company I would consider is Compaq simply because they have AMD :D. Yeah, yeah! Go ahead and call me an AMD Fanboy while your at it fo all I care :D. I heard they were faster than and cheaper than Intel :p.

Archived