Home

WIP: Old Ben Kenobi

KevinCoyle

Yeah, that's a good idea you got there about the feet Darth, I didn't try anything like that for Palp, I should have though

For the robe version it might be worth segmenting the inner skirt, to a front and back segment, and removing the back half from the robed version with a .surf file.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It worked! Thanks Darth Vigrid, good idea.

I'll see what I can do about the turtleneck. I also need to work on the robe textures more. That is one of the other aspects of the model I didn't like after getting him in game. In levels with bright lighting, his robes appear more like plastic than cloth, especially in the death star level. I'll work on the textures to make them appear more like cloth and darken them so they don't shine too much.

Kevin I have a suggestion,

its about the lightness of his inner robes. you see the problem I have is how the color white looks ingame. the lighting of the level makes the color white look almost fluoresent, glowing, it was one of my main problems with great models like Padme by Tetsuo and the Clone trooper. Im sure you could fix this by adding alittle more color to the robes.

just my two cents. great model.

Originally posted by §ith Lord

Kevin I have a suggestion,

its about the lightness of his inner robes. you see the problem I have is how the color white looks ingame. the lighting of the level makes the color white look almost fluoresent, glowing, it was one of my main problems with great models like Padme by Tetsuo and the Clone trooper.

Yes, §ith Lord brings out a very good point. You don't want the inner robes to glow in maps with alot of lighting (i.e. the Death Star).

Well, I thought I fixed the problem... When I tried it before after I applied Darth Vigrid's suggestion, the robe looked good, it didn't split anywhere and the legs didn't show through, I noticed the feet doing something funny but I thought it was just a small weighting problem. Unfortunatly, it's not a small problem. The legs don't deform right at all when weight 50% to the pelvis, and 50% to their respective bones, they skrink when the bone moves and huge spikes pop out in all directions and looks horrible. If I can't fix the problem soon I may post a screenshot to show the problem I'm having incase anyone else may know what it is.

Originally posted by KevinCoyle

Well, I thought I fixed the problem... When I tried it before after I applied Darth Vigrid's suggestion, the robe looked good, it didn't split anywhere and the legs didn't show through, I noticed the feet doing something funny but I thought it was just a small weighting problem. Unfortunatly, it's not a small problem. The legs don't deform right at all when weight 50% to the pelvis, and 50% to their respective bones, they skrink when the bone moves and huge spikes pop out in all directions and looks horrible. If I can't fix the problem soon I may post a screenshot to show the problem I'm having incase anyone else may know what it is.

That's very strange. I haven't had any problems like that.

Figures people like u guys get dragged into a lame discussion like taht in a good thread then its closed plz get back on topic i doubt they would close this but u guys will start going and going

back to the model

this one is the BEST Vahl's anakin was good too but seems a tad bit too buff and the face here looks AWESOME nothing more nothing less

jedi_anakin_s, sivy b is teaching me how to create custom avatars. for now since he changed his avatar sivy b is letting me use his old avatar. i ask him if he wanted to get credit for this awesome work he said no i din't have to.

everybody this is sivy b's avatar. so don't get it twisted. in a week or so i'll have my own.

Archived