Home

WIP: Old Ben Kenobi

KevinCoyle

Work and school are monopolizing my time and I haven't had a chance to work on Ben for a while. I promise he will either be released this weekend (if I can fix the weighting problems) or I will send him along to someone with experience getting models in game to see if they can fix the problem.

thanks for your patience everyone

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI! I can't wait for Old Obiwan Robbed and unrobbed It's going to be awsome!!! Is it still going to be coming out this weekend??? It's now Friday. Please let me know!!!

I have many people waiting for this model!!!:ben:

RYEW_ca@hot mail.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Finally found a promising looking OT Obi-Wan model only to discover it was never released.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Did anyone else make a decent looking version?

Ohh well.

May the force be with you KevinCoyle.

He's probably been busy with other things and still got the leg problem to fix... :(

All I can say is, wow. This model looks very nice and close to 'Ben' Kenobi. You could also make a 'Ghost' version using shaders as another skin variant. ;)

How many people do you actually think have "died"? Everyone said Klorel was dead for so long, and he's back. Darth Vigrid "died" and he's back now too. People said the same thign about -Tercero-. Some things are just more important, and volunteer work (modelling/mapping/whatever) for the community requires no explanation or justification to anyone. And it may be awhile before these people come back. If Kevin comes back, that's great - he can finish the model (if he hasn't finished it already). If he hasn't, it's not the end of the world.

I'm not trying to be harsh or insult anyone, but this is the way that the world works... and the JO community as a whole doesn't seem to understand that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm back. It's good to see people are still interested in the model, it's been a while since I've been here. I want to appologize for the long silence. I've been very busy lately and haven't had much time to work on the Ben Kenobi model. I would have said something here to let you guys know but I kept telling myself I'd finish it on the weekend so their seemed no need until I just lost track. I've had alot of problems getting him to look and animate correctly in the game so I got more frustrated each time I loaded it up and my motivation for working on it went down. I still want to finish this model and was hoping someone could help me out, someone with more experience getting models with long robes and stuff into the game. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I do however have the unrobed version available for download, it has some flaws but it's pretty decent, it should suffice until I get it all worked out and release the robed and hooded versions.

You can download the unrobed version here

Thank you for your patience

Kevin Coyle

Archived