Home

Video Games BANNED in Greece

Boba Rhett

YIPES! :eek:

" In Greece, playing a shoot-’em up video game could land you in jail. The government there has banned all electronic games across the country, including those that run on home computers, on Game Boy-style portable consoles, and on mobile phones. Thousands of tourists in Greece are unknowingly facing heavy fines or long terms in prison for owning mobile phones or portable video games."

Read the rest here.

I imagine that a history-rich country like Greece depends a lot on the tourism industry. If people (Greek citizens and tourists alike) face serious fines or jailtime for playing some stupid game on yahoo.com, or a quick game of tetris on their cellphone, the Greek government going to end up in a massive PR crisis if they actually enforce it.

I hope they come to their senses soon and overturn this stupid law.

What about ex post facto? How can they put fine those game cafe's owners for doing something that was legal just the day before? I know its not America, but thats just unfair, period. Besides, making laws that puts perfectly legitamite and normal companies out of business isn't something that the government should do.

I can see it now...

"Hey kid,why are you in prison" "I played Mario and the police came" " Punkass..."

"WOOHOO! I ALMOST KILLED DESAN!" *SWAT comes in and shoots the computer* "PUT THE MOUSE DOWN! STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!" "I am just about to kill Dessan!" "KILLING???? YOUR ASSINATING SOMEONE! *shoots geek*

:D

Oh and Lynk

*Whacks Lynk Former with his Spam Sword +5*

:D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived