Home

Another Amazingly Lucky Person

Boba Rhett

Man shoots nail in his head, doesn't notice

0906nailhead06-ON.jpg

SANTA CLARITA, Calif.- A nail in the brain has got to hurt, right? Not to construction worker Jorge Hernandez, who accidentally shot himself in the head with a nail gun and didn't realize it.

Hernandez says he didn't know he had a nail in his head until he saw it in the mirror of his car. The nail apparently ricocheted off a piece of metal, went through his eye socket and lodged in his brain.

He says his face felt hot but he didn't even have a headache. It took doctors three hours to remove the more than-three-inch long spike. Somehow, the nail managed to miss his eye and not cause any brain damage.

Hernandez's brain surgeon feels that kind of luck is better than winning the lottery.

:confused:

And now for my heartless, unfunny joke about the accident.

"Well, that's one way to keep your hat on."

link to story

Tie Guy, another pun and you will be punished!!!

Man, that's just awfully, terrifyingly, mysteriously, horrendously, scary to think about it...

oh well, he will see tomorrow, he will eat tomorrow, he will bathe (maybe not) but he definately will visit the bathroom and he will sleep tomorrow. So let's not worry anymore :o

Nailed that guy

But in all seriousness, I have had a nail gun through one of my fingers. We were working on a community house project (habitat for humanity) and I was holding the boards when other person was using the gun. She was not strong enough to use it and hold it down against the board, so when she pulled the trigger, it pushed her hands back causing the nail to miss where she was aiming and hit the side of one of my thumbs. It stung for a bit, but I was fine.

Pulled it out, put on a bandaid, continued working.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

who accidentally shot himself in the head with a nail gun and didn't realize it...

Hernandez says he didn't know he had a nail in his head until he saw it in the mirror of his car.

Shot in the head with a nail, in the eye-socket no less, and didn't even notice!

Man! That guys a few nails short of a hardware store, if you know what I mean! *wink, wink*

*groans heard throughout forum*

um... yeah...

*runs away*

Archived