Home

Too bad..........

Compa_Mighty

Hi everyone. I was browsing the forum today, and it's sad to say they are about to die.

This forums were full of lots of cool debates and threads, but all that, is long gone. I just want to thank everyone who made that a happy time.

Finally as many of you have noticed, I almost don't post anymore, so today I officially declare myself a "TIME TO TIME POSTER".

It appears that what is left of the forum has been completely inherited by a new generation of forumers..... there are very few original ones, and those who still post don't do it as often as new forummers.

I officially declare this is a NEW ERA OF THE FORUMS, and a result the end of its splendour.

*sigh*

I can't say I hadn't noticed it, Compa.

For one thing, GB is no longer what it once was, as a game. Barely any of the regular forummers here today play the game, much less have it. I consider myself among one of those that don't play it. It just lost alot in my eyes ever since I got my ass handed to me during the tournament.

As far as the forums go, I suppose we could shift blame on the migrators from other forums. (bloody aliens! *shakes fist*) But all in all, it has lost alot of the great, juicy topics that it once had.

What an amazingly depressing little man you are. :eek: Somebody has their Oxiput out of place. Did you perhaps have a bad day or are you always like this? :D

Come, lay down right here and tell me about it.

....Do you perhaps hate your parents? :p

Some people view forums as something to entertain them. Something to amuse them. I forum is the people on it. If you're not satisfied with what's on the forum, it's just as much your fault as anyone elses.

Don't say that Compa! Its because people leave that the forums have changed. Please don't go.

Besides, there are still some oldies here. What about fergie, rhett, niner, sherack, SH, dash, wraith 5, clefo, and I? We're all still here. I'll agree that things aren't as fun as they used to be with you and rom and leo and kvan and everyone but its still fun and well worth it. Besides, you haven't been here in a while that i've noticed, so if you came more often then it would be even better.

Please don't don't leave, there may be a few guys, but if you look at it there really aren't that many, and thats not a bad thing anyways. It may be different, buts its still fun, you don't need to leave, we've lost enough good people as it is.

I never said they were....

... did you even read the bottom of my post? :p

A forum is not a "dancer girl". You do not clap your hands and say "Entertain me". You contribute and the more you contribute the better it gets. You can't just leave and expect it to get better! It'll get much worse if everyone adobts that belief. :(

IMO, if he wants to go, let him...I understand that he's been here a long time and it'd be sad to see him go...but, he is an infrequent poster (now) and so he has no bearing as to the state of the forums...Compa, it is obvious that you don't care about this place, why else would you say that it's about to die? I believe just the opposite...it is just beginning. Now there is a solid base of oldbies, some middlebies, and newbies coming in everyday. How can it be dieing? If you're going to leave, just tell us you're leaving. GalacticBattles.com may not be an epicenter like the JKII forum, but we have more fun here than they do (trust me, I've looked).

I officially declare this is a NEW ERA OF THE FORUMS, and a result the end of its splendour.

Try to get to know the new people before you shun them. A lot of the "new" people here are good too, not just the old posters. It's different, yes, but is it worse? That's your opinion. We have more restrictions on posting now than when this place first started...that's been documented by others. That's not our fault, that was the Mod's decision to which I happen to agree. you can't blame new people for that. I also don't intend to start a flame war here, so reply if you want, I don't care. This forum will live and if Compa doesn't like it, he doesn't have to stay.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Cheer up. We can do this you know. Look at us oldies posting in this thread ... we are still here. Let us do cool things together. This is our terrain, this is where we met, this is where we meet again.

Look forward to a new forum story for example ... I know I am

Originally posted by Young David

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

Cheer up. We can do this you know. Look at us oldies posting in this thread ... we are still here. Let us do cool things together. This is our terrain, this is where we met, this is where we meet again.

Look forward to a new forum story for example ... I know I am

Exactly, and think of how much more fun it would be if all you guys posted all the time.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Don't say that Compa! Its because people leave that the forums have changed. Please don't go.

Besides, there are still some oldies here. What about fergie, rhett, niner, sherack, SH, dash, wraith 5, clefo, and I? We're all still here. I'll agree that things aren't as fun as they used to be with you and rom and leo and kvan and everyone but its still fun and well worth it. Besides, you haven't been here in a while that i've noticed, so if you came more often then it would be even better.

Whatabout me? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

actually, Tie Guy, some of us have a life, meaning we're not online more than 4 hrs a day. :D

How's 5 AP classes with boatloads of homework and tennis and a job for a life? I litterally do homework from after dinner till i go to bed if i'm lucky. If not i have to start before dinner and that sucks. I have to make time just to post here. I can usually get on as soon as i get home and maybe once after dinner, twice if i'm lucky.

Whatabout me?

What about you?

:D

:mad:

when reading threads like these...i always think of those tv shows in which a charector dreams that he died and is watching his funeral. You know..to see who missed him and who didn't.

That's what these..."GOODBYE I"M LEAVING" threads remind me of. God...if you're going to insult us why even bother saying goodbye? Do you think we'd kick ourselves in saying...damn we made these boards suck and now we lost one of most prized posters (who btw doesn't post very much anymore anyways)

Bah. It is silly. If you don't like it..don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Too bad for you. So sorry to see you go. Boo hoo.

Now how many times will you check this thread to see if you r actually missed?

okay so you can chalk up my previous post to pregnancy hormones and moodswings... i've been so pathetic these days I had a meltdown over chicken nuggets...(the you don't love me anymore because you made frozen food) and the ever sooooo funny why can't I get a ps2??? I cried for it like a 9 year old. It was pathetic.

sorry if my previous post is too harsh compa...i was just releasing tention from all the other posters who said GOOD BYE and YOU SUCK. they made me mad. At least you did it somewhat tackfully and didn't threaten to leave forever.

sorry for being kinda moody :(

Although the Geebee forums have changed, i must say that the great off-topic forum is still the same as it EVER was...except that the great tell you i will was slain...otherwise, it's the same as ever with as much discussion as ever...

i stopped caring about the the geebee discussion forum from the day it came out :D

my favorites is linked directly to the off-topic forum, cuz this is where i come...this is where i belong....and this is where i'll be!:)

lol guys, I think some of you have misunderstood the thread.

I was never flaming new people, just pointing out how the original ones have decreased. I befriended the original ones, cause the beginning was the time I posted the most. Sorry if anyone was offended.

Leon, glad to see you around.

But I won't take my point away, the forums are not what they used to be, I will be a time to time poster as I said, and Leon remarked.

Sorry again for any misunderstandings.

Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

I don't know about everyone else, but I find this rather insulting...what you're essentially saying is, "The new people aren't as good or intelligent as the old people." Whether you meant it that way or not, it's how it came across.

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I don't know about everyone else, but I find this rather insulting...what you're essentially saying is, "The new people aren't as good or intelligent as the old people." Whether you meant it that way or not, it's how it came across.

Well... You're not, at least.. :D

*dodges a thrown shoe*

JUST KIDDING!

Archived