Home

Zelda. What do you think?

LiMP RABBiT

Do you prefer...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer...

• Cell shaded
    • Realistic

I think they definitely needed to change the game for this one. I just don't think ppl enjoyed the way it was played as much as the previous ones.....myself included. I found it frustrating at times dealing with only three days. Now the concept is very unique and interesting to say the least......I just didn't find it as fun as some of the previous ones.

personally, I don't get the whole cel-shaded thing....Jet Set Radio (both of em) sucked, IMO...they have some of the worst attempts at music ever...on the other hand, Cel Damage guarantees minutes of fun....after that it becomes rather repetitive...I know i'm in the minority on this, so please...be gentle...

Ocarina of Time was one of my most favourite games on the N64. I liked how much realism was put into it yet it kept that partly anime feel to it. I like mix of both good realism in a game and the clean anime feel that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask had. I like Ocarina of Time more than Majora's Mask because OoT had Adult Link who is a champion :p ... but anywayz... a lot of people would disagree with me because young Link who was in the first Zelda game is the 'true' Link. Eventhough this is true I still prefer adult Link... now with the issue of the cell shading. Well when I first saw it I was TOTALLY against what they had done it... but the thing is... it's not that different from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask if you think about it. It's just moved from less realistic to more anime. So as long as the game is fun, i'm happy with the new Zelda game.

Originally posted by LiMP RABBiT

On the adult link subject I must say the only reason he was better (in my opinion) was his ability to use the bow and ride Epona. On the subject of Epona, she better be in the new version or someone will have to pay...

I like Adult Link cause he can use the Master Sword which is one hell of a good lookin weapon :D

Plus on another note, in Smash Bros. Melee I find adult Link to be better than young Link. I know he's slower than young Link but adult Link has more reach and power which is what i'm used to.

Originally posted by darthfergie

I HATED PLAYING AS KID LINK ON THE 64!:o

I agree, I enjoyed much more playing adult Link. I don't know why ppl think he has to be a kid forever??? Everyone has to grow up..........even our buddy Link.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I agree, I enjoyed much more playing adult Link. I don't know why ppl think he has to be a kid forever??? Everyone has to grow up..........even our buddy Link.

Well actually Link is growing up... you just haven't realised it... let me explain... In Ocarina of Time the only thing Link could handle was the lil Kokiri sword and slingshot and boomarang, etc... however in Majora's Mask, Link is able to ride epona and is able to use a bow and is able to carry heavier items such as the slingshot and the sword upgrades... Plus I've seen the new Zelda's trailer i've noticed that Link is carring a huge sword... Link is aging... ever so slowly... >.<

Please spell it correctly. 'Cel Shading' has one 'l', as in the term 'animation cel' or the game 'Cel Damage'. Cell shading makes it sound like a prison.

It looks just like Link in the old NES instruction manuals, or SNES Link brought into 3d. That's freaking awesome.

:D @ mercatfat

Anywayz... for people who didn't know. I've heard that in Japan when you pre-order a copy of the new Zelda game you recieve a GCN disc with Ocarina of Time and Ura Zelda (the expansion for Ocarina of Time for the 64DD) on it... but it's japan only... i don't think it'll make it to the US or Australia >.<

Archived