Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has -Tercero- abandoned this thread? I've seen him in the Team Assault thread many times... Well maybe his just too busy to be concerned by his Anakin model. All that him beeing the team leader and so on. :confused:

I know, I know. The guys gotta work and he has his personal life. But I'd really (very) much would like even a word from Tercero that he's still doing the Anakin model. That would be really helpful. :rolleyes:

"Sorry for going a little off-topic"

As Terc's best friend, I can tell you that he still working on the Anakin model. Give him time guys, he's got a lot going on. Between work, his recent girl problems, and the TA mod (which is easier to maintain than a 3d model) he doesn't have time to work the model as he'd like to.

No, the project is not dead. Don't freak out and start causing rumors. All you'll end up getting is 20 or so people posting every day asking if he left and why he didn't just give the model to someone else. It's not dead, he's not dead, the model is still going to be released. When, is a question only he can answer.

At least give him time to get everything together. I'm sure the reason he hasn't answered in this thread is because people keep posting asking about the progress. The only thing you are going to cause him to do is give up.

Leave it alone.

Fear not, Darth Vader III - I haven't left this thread or dropped the model. Seka mentioned that I was waiting to release shots of the next update because I want it to be something big - and she was dead on. I'm going for a new level of photo realism on this model, and I've been retooling parts of it as such. The only things is that things tend to get very messy when I'm tweaking things the way I am, and most of the time the model has to look a lot worse before it starts looking a lot better. This in mind, I don't really want to release screens of the model looking this way, so I've held off on screenies for some time.

It is true that Team Assault is taking up some of my time, but the majority of my time is still going towards work and my social life. My only duty aside of team leader in team assault right now is the Anakin model, and the team is very supportive of this model. I don't think that my time on Team Assault is wasted, though - I feel that the changes that we are making will make Jedi Knight II a much more fun and immersive game, and for that I'm wiling to dedicate a little of my time.

Primrodo - you mentioned that you had some shots of Anakin's costume - it'd be great if I could see them - they'd help immensely! There are still some points on the costume that I'm a bit uncertain about, and if you have some more screenies, I'm sure that some of them would help clear things up for me.

Thank you everyone for being so patient!

Originally posted by ShogunBlade

MY my my... Seka is a cutie huh.. :p

Umm...der. You sure took you're time figuring that out!:rolleyes:

I would attempt to say something about it too, but I'm not good around the ladies, and I'm even worse when it comes to trying to impress them with a witty comment or something. I'll just try to avoid the obvious with the whole flirting and the ooh boy. Look behind you! *runs away*

eek!

God I'm flattered! Compliments are a rare delicacy for me so, thank you guys. And I wouldn't be opposed to receiving more but, Well forums not about me! *chuckles*

However, thanks again.

*compliments terc instead*

On a subject of terc current projects, all I can say is that it's going to be awesome to actually be able to say that 'I'm Seka, and I am a form IV fighter' or whatever form you like for that matter. I wont say anymore than that however.

As for the model, it's creepy how you can look at something, think it looks incredible... I mean to the point of thinking that's it, it's done; and then have the bar raised even further. That's what terc is doing now...

*hee hee vagueness, fun* ^_-

Heh - Seka has an interesting point of view on my model, as she gets to see in almost as much as I do. She is right, though - I've been working hard at taking the detail and accuracy to the next level without increasing the polycount, which has been a big part of the delay. I think that Seka said it well - I'm trying to raise the bar, more for myself than anything else. I want this model to be the best that it can be, and I'm trying to take all the nececarry steps toward that end. The next update should be BIG, though it might still be a little ways off.

I truely respect that attention to detail. Seka makes an exelent point. It's just one of those things that takes a peice of art to that next "level" It's those little things that get you noticed, and makes you that much more happy when you can be proud of your work.

And your definatly a cutie Seka :D

aww...too bad she was never interested in me ^_^

Seriously though terc, take your time and do this well. Like I said before, you've come a long way since I saw your models before, there's no reason for you to rush the kind of detail you are looking for. Besides, afterwards, I'm flying up there so we can get hammered with Nasty Grasty and celebrate some more. ^_^

Hey...what about me? ;.;

I feel so left out, now...well..I'll show you...let's go, Seka. We don't need them anyway >.>...

Anyway. I can't wait till this update you're talking about, Tercy. Oh, and Chrono...I'm about to try to send you a PM about a lil weapon modeling idear.

Lemme say first that noone was ever interested in me (got asked out for the first time in her life just this week)

*blinks a few times* anyways.

Going for that next level is the key to anyartist whos worth anything. If you think you're done... you have a problem.

I am a perpetual nitpicker, and I seems sad, that no... I'm not much of a modeller (I learned enough that I know what I'm looking at) so it's ironic, but I do that to force people to that next level. Trying to make the obscure obvious. With that in mind if you're interested in giving me some feedback on some of my comic book work, pm me or just browse for the pages in my deviant art gallery via the link listed below, I'd be a happy camper.

Originally posted by ShogunBlade

MY my my... Seka is a cutie huh.. :p

yes indeed.

hey seka do you any full body shots of yourself??

just playin'

i'm bout' to check out that page seka.

anyways i can't wait for that update. i think it will please everyone.

i got a question Terc, are you working on the hilts right now or are you doing them after you're done with the model.

For the first time? Are you sure? I could have sworn you had a boyfriend last time I saw you...hmm...oh well. Good luck to you :)

Sorry, wasn't really the man then that I am now...so that would probably be the reason that I shafted myself out of tons of relationship opportunities in high school. I used to get letters all the time from girls after I graduated...but I digress.

True, an artist always tries to excel himself in anything he does. He tries to reach for the galaxy when someone asks him to grab a star.

Then again, some people have always been able to reach for the galaxy...but they have never found the right way to do so.

Gees Toonces, your Sig just keeps getting filled more and more, and its not useless junk like some people's.. Its real stuff. Your website, JKII.Net, Powered by Sith ;) , AOTC: TC Modeler... But anyway, Hey Tercero, can't wait to see an update. Model looks good, but needs to be seen :) But i know what you mean when sometimes, to make things look good, they have to go through like a bad/unappealing-looking phase first.

-s/<itzo-, I'm doing the hilts when I am done with the model. Right now my focus is to get the model finished and released, at least in a beta stage without LOD's, before I do any other modeling. It still will be a while, but I think it will be worth the wait... Sorry to keep everyone in the dark for so long...

My worst nightmare has NOT come true...

Because Terc's still rocking (with the model).:D:D :D

-Tercero-- have you checked your PMs recently? Because I want to know if you haven't or you just ignore me...

Also if I may ask how are all of you guys related? I understood that you're all friends but then it got too complicated for me.

Sorry for being off-topic. Won't happen anytime soon.

Thank you!

:rolleyes:

ok, this is how it goes. I've been friends with Terc since freshman year in high school, when I lived in NJ. I'm from NJ myself, but now I live in FL. Seka (if she is who I think she is) knows us both from high school as well. When we graduated we knocked heads a few times, then I moved to FL. That was 2 or 3 years ago.

Anyway, yea Toonces, I'm from NJ...the only state whose entire population consists of non-virgins. ^_^

It's only a matter of time before Terc finishes the model, so just be patient guys.

Archived