Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh...

I've reported your post, ShogunBlade, as this is unprovoked flaming - the last time I said anything to you was months ago when I made your avatar. I'm not even going to get in a discussion about it, I just want to correct you on a few issues. This is how your post should've looked:

Originally posted by ShogunBlade

Oh and aru wen please help me shut the hell i can't stop running my mouth you dont own these forums your not even an admin (Editor's Note : This is brilliant right here. I seem to remember buying the forum and making my self the Admin Overlord, but I guess I was mistaken...).. you've never bashed other people and i wish i could be as cool as you, but i can't because i just make up stuff about jumping people and threatening to jump people god im such a punk i'll just STFU!

Yeah, I think that should do it. Terc, take all the time you need. After all, this is your model and if people are impatient about the schedule it's on, they should just remember that this is like art. If they want you to finish more quickly, they could always expedite the process by sending money so you wouldn't have to work.

What's that? You say you don't want to send money? You think he should do all this work for free AND do it all in your timeframe? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Toonces

Shogun, what are you even replying to? I see a post from Aru-Wen from 12/7 but that's it. Why kick up dirt from over a month ago?

This little flame war ends now

Was that even dirt though? I'm dropping it, but the post from 12/7 had a couple parts : the first part was a joke, and the second part was in response to someone other than ShogunBlade, and it was an opinion besides. I hope someone takes care of this guy.

Okay - reading all this, I realize that I did not properly explain why I haven't been working on the model recently. I've been working around 60 hours a week at one job, and ten to twenty at another - I really just haven't had the time. As far as my girlfriend breaking up with me, that did affect me a while back, but not nearly to the degree that ShogunBlade made it out to. The real reason that I haven't been working much on the model is and always has been WORK. Yes, it has taken too long - that happens when nobody is working on it - nothing gets done, but, honestly, work that I get paid for has to come first. I have bills, I have needs, and I have my priorities, and while this model is one of them, it is not the first.

That being said, I have a little more free time now that the christmas season is over, so I should be getting back to work on the model soon, though I am considering taking a short vacation first. I'll post them up when I have some new updates.

Thanks to everyone who has been so understanding and patient. You've really kept me wanting to work on this project when it would be very easy to just drop it. You guys are great - thanks for giving me that focus.

Oh - and it's good to be back...

Tercero; at this rate, the game will be dead before the model comes out. For gods sake... the first post date in this thread was august 8, 2002. All the other models: Yoda, Yarael Poof, Mara Jade, Padme Geonosis... Didnt even take half this time. From the last pictures of the model I saw you were nearly complete... Youve got maybe an hour or two more of work.. Lets get it done.. We want to boost the number of people playing this... Not release it after the game is dead.

BOFH Shut the hell up please!!!!!

HE HAS A LIFE GO GET ONE MAN NO OFFENSE BUT REALLY!! He also like he said needs to PAY bills or get kicked out or lose something electricity blah. And Spec all you will do once u get it will paint the hair blue. And the game is $50 still so odds are it wont die soon. STOP POSTING HERE OR START POSTING whats the word USEFUL stuff. Thanks.

Terc take ALL the time you NEED. Get your life right and get the model right when u have time dont listen to bofh

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

BOFH Shut the hell up please!!!!!

HE HAS A LIFE GO GET ONE MAN NO OFFENSE BUT REALLY!! He also like he said needs to PAY bills or get kicked out or lose something electricity blah. And Spec all you will do once u get it will paint the hair blue. And the game is $50 still so odds are it wont die soon. STOP POSTING HERE OR START POSTING whats the word USEFUL stuff. Thanks.

Terc take ALL the time you NEED. Get your life right and get the model right when u have time dont listen to bofh

Some people just don't understand the priority thing. You have to take care of certain things first, or you won't have the luxury of being able to do other things (like model or play games or do something else you enjoy). It's tough to model Anakin if you don't have power for your computer because you put the model before your job.

Jesus man, you must really have no life whatsoever if you're telling him to hurry up. I mean, I have no life, but I have never posted something here telling him that he's taking too long. If you're so impatient about getting an Anakin model, go make one yourself. Besides, all those models you mentioned, had to go back and be fixed. Maybe Terc has so much of a life that he only wants to have to release this once.

Here's a Star Wars example. The old movies. Not the new craptastic ones.

Star Wars came out in 1977. Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980. Return of the Jedi came out in 1983. All the movies were seperated by three years. You think it's a coinicidence that those three movies spawned more of a dedicated fanbase than Star Trek? The series that gets remade and screwed up every year or so? Why don't you go die?

Originally posted by Azrael

Here's a Star Wars example. The old movies. Not the new craptastic ones.

Star Wars came out in 1977. Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980. Return of the Jedi came out in 1983. All the movies were seperated by three years. You think it's a coinicidence that those three movies spawned more of a dedicated fanbase than Star Trek? The series that gets remade and screwed up every year or so? Why don't you go die?

:lol::rofl: Funny stuff. Even the new 'craptastic' ones are seperated by 3 years, though. :D

Well... I just wanted to say that:

a) I don't really care WHEN this model comes out... It's like personal... I've been following this model from the start (not as a member). I come to these forums (partly) because I want to see the progress of this model. Form me it matters that this model COMES out and is made by Tercero... Just want say that I'll follow this model until it comes out (even if it takes a very long time)...

b) This model has an incredible story with good parts and bad parts, being locked, released... We are like a big "family" to this thread... This model has gone through hell and survived. I think that none of us want to send it on another journey down there...

c) Tercero has gotta life... He works 60h a week at ONE job (said by him). I know this model has taken a long time but it's only a model. It isn't real (like jobs and girlfriends) and you can't force him to finish it. And you should now that he is a perfectionist (no offence). He will work with this model when he has the time and spirit to...

And finally: Tercero, how could we support this model? Is there anything you'd like us to help you with? If there is... just post.

Thank you!

Hey Terc! Great to have you back,hope you had a groovy holiday season and all :D (may be late but its the thought that counts :p)

Pay no attention to BOFH,sometimes i think he's medicated the way he acts. You keep taking your time with the model,i know it will be fantastic when it gets released :)

edit:

And Spec all you will do once u get it will paint the hair blue.

Thats so funny,yet so..so true :laughing:

Tercero; at this rate, the game will be dead before the model comes out. For gods sake... the first post date in this thread was august 8, 2002. All the other models: Yoda, Yarael Poof, Mara Jade, Padme Geonosis... Didnt even take half this time. From the last pictures of the model I saw you were nearly complete... Youve got maybe an hour or two more of work.. Lets get it done.. We want to boost the number of people playing this... Not release it after the game is dead.

Ohh yeh and :

Where is the We In That. Its not we its just you.

[Edit: The top paragraph was what bofh said by th ways i forgot to do the quote thingy[/Edit]

ok...its bad enough to double post but, TRIPLE post, please edit them instead.

and dont tell tercero to hurry, he has a life away from the computer you know...he is taking his time to make a good quality model...keep up the great work tercero

Hey, I just wanted to say that I fully understand people being a little upset that the model isn't released yet - hell, I am too. My perfectionism has been making it take a lot longer than it would have if I had just thrown it out there - some of you who have been following this thread from the start probably remember me rebuilding the model three times and retooling it a lot along the way. I think that the payoff will be great in the end, though, and I plan to put this model into more games than just JKII, so it will get some exposure even if the game is dead.

That being said, JKII will likely not die, if for no other reason than the pre-movie marketing push that will crop up sometime next year. I warily anticipate a possible expansion that could revive the fanbase of this game. And while the fanbase has dwindled a bit, it is still there - there just isn't that initial push that there always is when a game is first released. I remember working on Unreal Tournament when the game was 'dying' - and a LOT of people still play it.

Also, Darth Vader III, you asked what I need for the model, and I can pretty much sum it up in one word. SHADERS. I have some experience with the creation of shaders from my background in 3D, but I don't really know how to implement them in game. I actually have shaders planned for virtually every surface of the model, but I have absolutely no clue how to get them there. If anyone can give me a hand with that, it'd be greatly appreciated.

One more thing - please remember that I am doing this model free gratis, and on my own free time, which, might I add, Is rather limited. The model will be released when it is released, and flaming me about how long it's taking will not affect the release date at all. I want to create a model that really pushes the limits of realism and what the Q3 engine can do, and that takes some time.

You guys really are updated almost as much as I am, and the only reason that I go for periods without releasing screens is because there isn't anything to show, or because I have stripped a part of the model to rebuild it, and it looks completely ass until I finish it. Right now, rest assured that it is the latter. Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get a lot better.

And to those who have stuck it out and continued to support me, thank you - it is you guys who have given me the strength and the will to keep on going - I'll try not to let you down.

I feel that if any game company saw this model, they would try to hire you right away!

And this model will blow everyone away.

Spoiler! Fat_101 read only plz

Since you are in [DJC] consider me, your enemy.

I don't know which is worse. The person with the dumb comments or the 500 comments who respond by flaming him. People, calm down.

Tereco, you havn't dissappointed us yet and I havn't got a doubt in my mind that you won't even if it were simply given up and released as is. You've been doing an awsome job on the model, and I've also come to respect you as a person. Keep doing what your doing, cause what you're doing has been awsome!

Also, I'm just wondering. You (Tereco) said awhile ago that you were seriously considering modeling as a career. What ever happened with that? I think I speak for all of us when I say that you would be awsome in that field.

Anyway that's about it. Peace out.

And also, people know that flame wars mean the locking of this thread until Tercero sends word to have it opened up for an update, because like I said before, I am not afraid to lock this thread. So keep that in mind people.

Trunks69, I went ahead and edited 2 of your posts to cut it back to 2 instead of triple posting.

Archived