Home

So gonna get bounty hunter

darthfergie

Yeah. It comes out on PS2 and G-Cube.

BTW, there is a central campaign to this game, but a kewl little thing is that you can accept little bounties before going after your main target and there is huge number of extra bounties you can accept to generate some cash for your next campaign missions. I can't wait to get this game...

• 2 weeks later...

My review of the Bounty Hunter -

Sorry I'm not one of those great game reviewers - but I'll give you the DL on this new title as best I can.

The little lucas guy comes on the screen and suddenly he's become Jango's newest BOUNTY. Jango blasts away our familiar little friend and takes his place on the purple "L". This is the start of a great game. As a Star Wars fan - I have to say I bought this game without knowing what I was REALLY getting into. I hadn't even really read much about the game cuz I didn't even think I'd ever get a PS2. Going with that - This game is reminicant of a Tomb Raider game aka 3rd person shooter. The graphics are very smooth. Not blocky - pixely looking and the sound...GREAT especially if you enjoyed the Episode 2 sound track - cuz its on here! Jango is pretty easy to control. You have unlimited ammo when it comes to your blasters. Steal fists (I don't know the official name) so if you feel like beating someone...you can! You have a whip cord (or cord) that thows out and lasso's enemys. This enables you to catch them for Bountys (get to that in a minute) The one thing I had just learned last night is...you can't keep them corded for ever. They break out if you don't do something with them. You have a blow torch (you get later) a Jet pack (which is limited - only lets you fly a short distance) and a couple other gadgets I haven't really needed to use...so haven't experimented with them yet. Look like ninja type stars to me. The other thing is your like scanner thing. See...whilst your SHOOTING AROUND and trying to stay alive *which isn't that hard* but there are tons of enemys you are *supposed* to use your scanner (and you can't fire at the time you use the scanner) to scan for *bountys. If you don't scan for bountys you could kill someone that will be worth some valuable credits. This is an annoying but kewl feature. Its too friggin hard to scan for a bounty when you have 20 guys shooting at you and no place to hide. There is no time to stop and look like an idiot. You know? That I think is very annoying. Like I said...kewl feature..but kinda hard when you can't shoot at the same time. The load times are not THAT bad. The levels are rather expansive and there are lots of bad guys. Its pretty neat to watch Jango flip around and blast away at everyone. Its fun. But reality is...I mean you kill a guy and they give you some health. Its easy to stay alive. So I've never been blasted and killed...although I have missed a few jumps and fallen to my death. BUT the movies are GREAT - the music gets more intense when you start fighting enemys or you are in a major shoot out. The jet pack is a lot of fun - however you wish u had a lot longer to fly around. Its pretty challenging as far as figuring out how to get around the level...or find your target. The enemy's aren't very challenging...but its fun to kill them. Now for the bad news...sometimes the camara goes glitchy. If you are backed up against a wall sometimes the camara can't make up its mind where it wants to go...it makes it hard to do some jumps (which is why i said i've only died during some jumps!) So far I have been playing this game for like 3 hours and I'm still in the first level or chapter. This is fine for me. Like I said I haven't died or anything like that...cept for the above mentioned. Those 3 hours are not 1/2 hour worth of load times either. Pure intense shoot um up run around...find out how to get here...what to do next...where to go. Oooo look at that!! Its great! I know I'm going to enjoy it more when I get further along. They don't give you the jet pack right away - but now that I have it. That's a "blast". Basically I have to say - Get it - you won't regret it. Its not challenging so far as in getting killed by enemys - but it may get harder as I progress. The levels are extensive - very Star Wars - as they have the droids like C3PO running around...aliens even someone saying "POODOO". The story line is interesting and you want to play it more so you can see what happens next! I like the fluid movements of Jango - his jet pack is great and he's very active! You can flip around - if you have multiple enemy's firing at you - you take each gun and fire at two enemys at once. It looks very kewl!!! My game did freeze once..but that was due to my playstation being retarded!! At least I hope. I exchanged it and so far have not had another single problem. Lucas Arts did a great job with this game!!

Curse you, STTCT! :p

Need munneh.... need munneh.... :indif:

Why do ALL the good games have to come out in a one week period? :mad: But I think I made the right choice in getting Metroid first. It's an amazing game. Hmmm.... Maybe I can moooch some munneh from Chase to get this game. Although, the kid's like a bank vault. :rolleyes:

ya its xpensive - i was fortunate to have bday money. This game isn't on sale anywhere either!! But I have boughten several games and I have to say - it is worth the money!!! very few bugs, great sound track, the graphics are great and its a lot of fun. Definatly for the Star Wars fans! It sticks to the story and even sidious and count dooku guys look like the movie guys! And Jango's voice is the same guy who played Jango. So you feel like your playing part of the movie. Its just fun to play with all the gadgets and it makes you look like a real pro bounty hunter even though all you are doing is pressing a bunch of buttons. But I like that a lot - its not tooo difficult to get him to do what you want him to do. I hate it when I have to scream in frustration because the stupid charector won't do what I want him to do!! Jango hangs from ledges...flys around, shoots at multiple targets...has a sommersault roll, whip cord...blow torch - he even fights like a spider man guy - with the punches and stuff. Ah so fun. My fiancee has never been impressed with Video Games..he thinks a PS2 looks the same as PS1 graphically. Well when he saw this game he went :eek: !!! I was looking ahead at the screen shots on lucas arts..and well I haven't even seen that stuff yet!! I can't wait!! Every review I read gave it a really high review and even went as far as saying it should be game of the year. So....50 bucks...Is definatly worth it considering...some of the crap games they got for 50 right now!

Well sorry guys, its really not all that so far. Its a lot like Shadows of the Empire for N64.(which i loved) im near the end of the 2nd chapter and its become very repedative. but if any of you are out ther and have figured out what to do on the level where you need to locate Senators Terlls Apartment, after you climb throught that shaft with all the little bars you gotta jump on you come to te ledge. You can see across to the other side where the ships are parked by the balconys. what the hell do i do??? im lost.

Originally posted by DX_Nadun_Hagar

Well sorry guys, its really not all that so far. Its a lot like Shadows of the Empire for N64.(which i loved) im near the end of the 2nd chapter and its become very repedative. but if any of you are out ther and have figured out what to do on the level where you need to locate Senators Terlls Apartment, after you climb throught that shaft with all the little bars you gotta jump on you come to te ledge. You can see across to the other side where the ships are parked by the balconys. what the hell do i do??? im lost.

you liked that game and your dissapointed with this one.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived