Home

Bunker Wars: Trailer

DadMad

I really don't like the trailer at all. Half of it is just DadMad showing off his previous work (Canyon Oasis remake, woo!). The second half is filled with way too slow tracking shots intermingled with text messages saying the equivalent of "I AM THE GREATEST!"

Get some more action in the video, and let it speak for itself; don't TELL us that it's great. We'll decide for ourselves..

Also, 15,000 brushes? And it's only a quarter done? The brush limit is 32,000, not to mention no one will be able to run it. The key to mapping is designing a good looking level that plays well WITHOUT sacrificing framerate. Anyone can toss a ridiculous amount of detail in the level, but no one does it because there's no point.

Originally posted by DadMad

Tell me what you think :)

He asked for opinions...

You need bad opinions so you can improve your work.. jipe gave a perfectly valid and in certain areas, helpful reply.

leave it at that :)

Originally posted by swediot=)

yeh theres something wrong with being a critic no one likes you cuz you gotta have something bad to say about absolutely everything

Well there is something bad to say about just about everything, the point is a critic will point out all the flaws, but only complain about the major ones.

No map is perfect and its good if the mapper knows why.

Extremely impressive. I'm especially looking forward to the snow in multiplayer. Hopefully others will be able to use the same technique you used, and we'll have more maps with whether effects.

I love the music you put with the trailer. Could you list the names of the songs that you used and perhaps also the artists who made them? Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Just remember. 32,000 brush limit. There IS a limit to how detailed maps can be made.

That's true. And if you're only 27.5% done, you'll exceed that very quickly. There's also the 256 brush entity limit, e.g. func_doors, func_rotatating, etc. There's also the fact that since JO runs on OpenGL, an API that's very CPU dependant, it will slow down majorly when trying to do netcode calculations AND graphics. When a lot of people are playing, expect performance to be cut in half.

The map does look great, you just have to think about that stuff a bit.

Archived