Home

what you look forward to most in TTT

Elessar-Eärfalas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see the ents destroy er... ok i dont wanna spoil here.

And ooh, ooh! OLIPHAUNTS!! yeehaw!! I always wondered if George Lucas was inspired by the oilphaunts( big giant elephants as big as ATATs used by the Haradrim ) to create ATATs. I mean, ATATs are modeled after elphants right? See for yourselves

http://thereandbackagain.xigroup.com/book.html

movie_sm.jpg

well.... I am staying spoiler free, so I respond to the original question instead.

for me it will be the groan of relief following the insane mad dash to the restroom after the last credit has credited itself and the last note of music has fallen...

oh yeah, the movie might be good also, you can nevel tell:D

/me hides from hail of rotten tomatos:D

Shelob is not in TTT, all you see at the end of the movie is Frodo and Sam going into her cave.

Akkk so many good things to look forward too!!! Lemme see...Gandalf vs. Balrog...Ents kicking a$$...Wargs...O YA AND MOST OF ALL...10,000 Uruk-Hai vs. a few hundred humans and elves!! :D

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Shelob is not in The Two Towers is any capacity.

:)

I hate to break it to ya Rhett, but your wrong :p the way the TTT book ends is:

Sam fights shelob because it attacks frodo, he thinks frodo is dead... blah blah walks away with the ring, finds out from the orcs that he isnt dead, chases the orcs, hits the door and falls down

BAM book ends...

I hate to break it to you, Zdawg, but,

Again I say, Shelob is not in The Two Towers movie in any capacity whatsoever.

Are you happy now or should I tac on "the one directed by Peter Jackson" to the end? Perhaps I should send up a flare as well? :)

Ah, I see an edit :D

This should be renamed to the Spoiler thread...

The Two Towers contains the most action out of the 3 parts of LotR, so its split over all 3 movies, the beginning in Fellowship and the ending in Return of the King. If you remember RotK book, the actual story in that volume is a fair bit shorter than the other 2 as the appendix at the end took over 100 pages. Therefor, i imagine quite a bit of TTT, including Shelob would be carried into the next movie. There maybe 3 movies but they dont have to be exactly like the book, stuff were omitted to fit the tolkien trilogy into 3 roughly 3 hour movies, events are editted accordingly. Think back to Fellowship, The battle with orcs and Boromir dying were actually penned in TTT

EDIT: Holy #$@$ that was a big spoiler:D

Oh, did you guys n' gals hear what Peter said about the extened version of TTT? He said it would be rated R and again have about 30 minutes of extra footage. One of the reasons stated why it would be R is that he's adding some limb chopping scenes and decapitations in. Not just of orcs, I believe. :eek:

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Oh, did you guys n' gals hear what Peter said about the extened version of TTT? He said it would be rated R and again have about 30 minutes of extra footage. One of the reasons stated why it would be R is that he's adding some limb chopping scenes and decapitations in. Not just of orcs, I believe. :eek:

Don't forget - he is the one who made Bad Taste and Braindead......... sure sounds tasty.

I am pretty new to LOTR. I only saw the first one a few weeks ago so I guess it saves me the long wait unlike you guys. I, like many a child, picked up the books then never bothered reading it. But it did make me look clever!

I can't wait to see Liv Tyler nude... ooops did i say that?

plus I can't wait to see Christopher Lee and Ian Mckellen. Classically trained English actors are so much better than the yanks. Elijah Wood.. pah! Elijah WoodenActing, do you reckon Flipper will make a cameo?

:D

-W

Originally posted by wassup

Shelob is not in TTT, all you see at the end of the movie is Frodo and Sam going into her cave.

Akkk so many good things to look forward too!!! Lemme see...Gandalf vs. Balrog...Ents kicking a$$...Wargs...O YA AND MOST OF ALL...10,000 Uruk-Hai vs. a few hundred humans and elves!! :D

10,000 Uruks against a few hundred humans and elves?!?! *Sigh*, firstly, there was no elves exept Legolas, second there was many more humans, but also more orcs. I think about 10,000 Rohan riders, though not many of them were archers. But as I said, the number of Uruks was also a good deal higher.

When people say "*sigh*" in a demeaning way, it sure is annoying. I guess that's why I like to do it so much too. :rhett:

*clears throat*

*sigh*

Ooooooooh yeah. That felt good.

A group of elves led by Haldir come to assist the people of Rohan in the battle of Helm's Deep instead of rangers as it was portrayed in the book. Haldir gets an axe in the back in the movie then Aragorn commands the remaining elves.

The back story to this is as follows,

Elrond, Arwen, and many of the Elves from Rivendell decide to leave their home because they feel it is no longer safe.

Before they leave, Arwen, dressed for the road, takes the shards of Narsil.

And so they go. Arwen begins to have troubling visions as they travel. Once they reach Lorien she talks to Galadriel about it, and she offers to let Arwen use her mirror. Arwen views her whole relationship with Aragorn, starting with when he first sees her, some happy times, and their farwell at Rivendell.

She then sees him at the battle of Helms Deep. The rain is pouring down, and he is alone surrounded by dozens of Uruk-hai. He is then killed. Seeing this, she pleads with her father and Galadriel to send help. They agree and a group -- led by Haldir, the elf dude Aragorn spoke to in the first movie -- leads them. Arwen wishes to go, but Elrond convinces her to stay behind for now.

We hear no more about the Elves until Theoden, Aragorn, and Company arrive at Helms Deep. It seems deserted from a distance, and it is thought that the orcs succeeded in killing the people (refugees) inside. As they get closer the Elves, armed with arrows, pop up from behind the bulwarks. Seeing that they are from Rohan puts them at ease.

Haldir comes to Aragorn and Theoden and explain that they were able to defend the people and the small Rohirim contingent in the base from a few raids, but that their scouts report that Saruman has amassed a huge army of Uruk-hai and Wildmen which are marching towards Helms Deep.

Archived