Home

Why dont you play GB

JEDI_MASTA

I actually don't have the game. The only reason that I am here is because it is a good Forum to post at that is very serious and isn't very immature and doesn't have any spammers here that I am aware of. There are alot of good people with good views here and most of the topics are good and not pointless.

:duel::lsduel:

it got really boring really quickly, simple as that. It didn't have a fast anough pace to it. It seemed like building a city was the primary objective in the game, and the battles were just a little sidequest.

It would have really cool and fun, IF they had used the RA2 engine...

Four words for me.

Age of Empires Ripoff.

I don't care how you slice it, it doesn't have any magic when you slap some franchise(sp?) on an original game and try to sell it.

Even tho I do own it....:D

Originally posted by Jedi220

Four words for me.

Age of Empires Ripoff.

I don't care how you slice it, it doesn't have any magic when you slap some franchise(sp?) on an original game and try to sell it.

Even tho I do own it....:D

You took the words right out of my mouth Jedi! I don't think I need to go any further after this then eh? ;) Besides, I got this game in hopes it would be abit different than AOE when I took EE back as it wasn't working right for my computer, but I guess it was the fact it's outdated then... But this game got boring quickly after nearly one to two weeks after getting it, so I feel that LA should really stay out of the RTS realm as it obviously doesn't seem to work well with them in the first place.

thats been my point since the start... its all about the "aok clone" ...

I play GB regularly and consider myself quite decent (in dm anyway)...

I serriously think that LA needs to look at its engine problems, I really would rather they didnt stay out of the RTS Genre because they are the only chance of having a starwars RTS.

I actually thought GB was a very top notch game second only to AoM now and in DM it is still the best, but nobody would give it a chance, if there were 4000 players on GB right now my bet is that 50% of you would be playing because of more opponents and more activity.

^ already been done, but with Total Annihilation engine, and they didn't need to buy anything, and it's better.

Force Commander was what i was looking for in this game, i got sick of units humping eachother, and it didn't feel 'real' like force commander did. i still play it every once in a while.

Yeah, but WC3 is all about heroes and heroe spells. Something like a who-can-click-faster contset of heroe spells.

JEDI_MASTA - OK, u're right there. GB's gaming community is not very good at all. It's all about those n00bs taking up the DM/RM rooms. If they do that they should at liest make good, balanced scenario's.:mad:

I got bored of it. Newer games came out...and my attention turned towards them. Basically - the game had its day - but unforturnatly lacked the captavating gameplay that keeps the longevity of a great title. It just burned out. The game was out what a little over a year ago? They never really added to it. They didn't keep their fan's interest. And that was a boo-boo on LA's.

well, i've never written off a game simply ' because it looks like something'...

BF1942 could compare to Counter Strike. Oh, and Counter Strike is a Half-Life mod. Yet it completely surpassed it in popularity.

See ? A game simply being a mod doesn't say anything.

Right now i'm not playing GB, although i have it AND the expansion pack.

My playing habits come in waves, and right now i'm on the BF1942 wave..

I stopped playing simply because it became old. I used to play AOE during lunch everyday with my coworkers at a place I used to work so the game play itself was fairly old to me. Sure the coolness of using Star Wars characters added something but in the end it became a situation of same-old-same-old. The game just got boring.

If you got into the community it wasnt that bad, we could have had even some good forum games or tourneys ... or the galaxy system... but it didnt happen... nobody took any innitiative whatsoever... I serriously think we the gb fans *myself included* really dropped the ball ont his game

Archived