Home

Favorite character from lotr

Nerd_Annhilator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by whitedragon

no frodo is a great character but i like bilbo better. big spoiler do not read unless you read the trilogy:

bilbo resisted the ring after haveing it for 60 years. not even frodo could resist the ring. thank goodness gollum was there

Ahso, but you forget. (should not read unless you've read the books.)

Bilbo had the ring all the way in the shire while Sauron was still without most of his power. And frodo had the ring in his possesion for about 10 years before he left the shire, and he took it all the way to mordor, right next to Sauron. It's power increased the closer it was to it's master.

Personally, don't like the extended role given to Arwen in the movies...... But Liv Tyler is fine as eye candy....

I am a Gandalf fan myself, think that his role over the length of the 3 books is great. He is in main the General, Aragorn is a good leader too, but not the same kind of leader as Gandalf....

Yes I too like Samwise Gamgee. He is the unsung hero of the LOTR. For a hobbit whose never even fought or had proper training the little guy kicks ass. Plus he's a loyal friend and has the heart of a lion. I like how he fought the Cave Troll in FOTR, he was the perfect decoy lol, he should be using sting not that ***** Frodo.

This is my List of faves in order.

Aragorn (Just plain damn cool in combat)

Sam (Obviously the best character next to Aragorn)

Boromir (Nice Bloke, makes up for near tretury (SP?!?)

Merry (Doesnt give up)

Gollum/Smeagle (Even Funnier than Gimli)

Gimli (Funny as hell in TTT)

Tree Beard (Do I need to say :) )

Gandalf the grey (Luvable old grandpa style about him)

Sauron (Bad ass bad guy)

Legolas (has a bit of a gay vibe but still cool)

Cave Troll (Kick ass and cuddly)

Uruk Hai (Kick ass)

Orcs (Their accents are perfect)

Frodo (Obviously on drugs in TTT)

Pippin (Slightly annoying)

Gandalf the White (To Ignorant)

Saruman (sp?) (Hmmm, seemed too happy when Isenguard was being attacked by the Ents)

These are all based on the films because I havnt read the LOTR books, only the hobbit.

Originally posted by Hyperglide

Yes I too like Samwise Gamgee. He is the unsung hero of the LOTR. For a hobbit whose never even fought or had proper training the little guy kicks ass. Plus he's a loyal friend and has the heart of a lion. I like how he fought the Cave Troll in FOTR, he was the perfect decoy lol, he should be using sting not that ***** Frodo.

i too like sam alot. the most loyal and faithful of all the fellowship. and he does use sting for a while :not a big spoiler:

Originally posted by whitedragon

i too like sam alot. the most loyal and faithful of all the fellowship. and he does use sting for a while :not a big spoiler:

Yes I know that part. I meant he doesn't use it exclusively. A sword that fine shouldn't be wasted, that's all.

Hugo Weaving ruined Elrond for me... Nothing against Weaving. He's a damned fine actor... It's just that I kept expecting him to add "Mr. Anderson..." to the end of each sentance.

Aragorn by far, cause A) I look like him; B) He makes out with Arwen; and C) Liv Tyler is just about the cutest thing on the planet.

Archived