Home

The Movie Quote Trivia Game!

Havoc Stryphe

Okay, what better place for a Movie Quote Trivia Game then in the Off-Topic section of a Forum devoted to the greatest movies of all time? :D

Here's how it works:

Someone will post a quote from a movie. Then someone will guesss the name of the movie the quote originated from. Then the member who posted the quote will verify & validate the answer. If correct they will reply with an answer Correct or Incorrect. If correct then the member who got it correct may now post a quote of their own, and the cycle continues. If incorrect, and it seems that other members are at a loss then the member who posted the unaswered quote will post the year the film was produced to help facilitate a correct answer. If it goes unanswered still, then the memeber who posted the quote must post the name of the Character in the film who stated the quote and the actor/actress that portrayed them. If it is still unable to be answered at this point, then the member who posted the quote will post the answer and then post a new quote for the members to guess at.

If you answer a quote correctly, but do not wish to post a quote for others to guess at they simply post "open floor", so anyone can take the floor and post a quote.

Please do not post a quote for others to guess, if you know you will not be viewing this thread anytime soon. We need verification and further hints if necessary, and if you are not around then for several days or weeks then this thread will die. (we understand there will be unforseen situations that arise!)

If the member who asks a quote does not reply within 2 days, the quote is forfeited and the floor will become open to the first person who wishes to post a Quote to be guessed on.

EXAMPLE:

P1: QUOTE: "That's it! Game Over, man, Game Over!"

P2: Starship troopers?

P1: Incorrect, anyone else?

P1: Nope. It was produced in 1986

P3: Whas it Predator?

P1: No, Not sure of the character's name, but he was played by Bill Paxton.

P4: Aliens?

P1: Correct!

P4: QUOTE: "I've come to the end of me, Rita."

Etc...

[/EXAMPLE]

So let's start this off, shall we. Straight from the example:

QUOTE:

"I've come to the end of me, Rita."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok its been about 2 days and Havov hasnt responded. Since I know that my answer is right I will ask next.

You drove nearly a 6th of the way across the country in the wrong direction! Now we dont have enough money to get to Aspen, we dont have enough money to get home, we dont have enough money to eat, we dont have enough money to sleep!!

Originally posted by JediNyt

Ok its been about 2 days and Havov hasnt responded. Since I know that my answer is right I will ask next.

You drove nearly a 6th of the way across the country in the wrong direction! Now we dont have enough money to get to Aspen, we dont have enough money to get home, we dont have enough money to eat, we dont have enough money to sleep!!

I'm sure that's from Dumb and Dumber, said by Harry.

Archived