Home

Bounty Hunters and the empire

Lord_Vessen

I'm confused with this whole bounty hunting and being chased thing. From lots of descriptions of the game it sounds like bounty hunters will be chasing you frequently if your a jedi, also the empire will be holding a witch hunt and be smashing down your door in search of you. Is being hunted by the empire and bounty hunters really that frequent in SWG?:confused:

No. According to what has been said no one should be chasing you cause you are a Jedi unless you make it plain to unlookers that you are or if you tell others that you are. Devs say that you should keep the fact that you're a Jedi a big secret..which means Jedi will be soloing a lot if they want to keep it a secret. As I understand, if you use Jedi powers/skills infront of Imperial and/or Bounty Hunter NPC my guess they will attack you on sight and I would also guess that would be recorded in the Imerial logs that you are a Jedi. From that point on NPC will give Bounty Hunter PCs missions to hunt you down...as I understand it.

So bottom line is, keep it a secret and no one will hunt you :)

Originally posted by Jared Sinn

Wow, it's going to be tough to keep it a secret and enjoy the benifits of being a Jedi at the same time. Lol, one more reason I'm not upset that I'll likely never become force sensitive.

(having said that I'll probably be one of the first to become FS....lol)

JS

excitment. hah!. adventure. hah! a jedi craves not these things :p

Originally posted by Corpocus

So bottom line is, keep it a secret and no one will hunt you :)

10 Things that will get you identifed by a bounty hunter.

1. Auctioning to buy lightsaber parts for your "friend".

2. Chatting with invisible Blue Glowies in public.

3. Making things Float.

4. Never dying.

5. Your the only guy in the crowd a bounty hunter can attack.

6. You keep asking in /ooc where's the friggin Jedi trainer?

7. Electricity shooting from your palms.

8. Waving your hand in front of a bartender and saying "We've already paid you, and you owe us 10 credits change" and it works.

9. There are two bodies of dead bounty hunters sitting infront of your home with no arms.

10. Walking around hunting in pairs. Both in dirty brown robes using lightsabers.

***Side note I dont think many people have considered. From what I read you have a choice to align with the Empire. You should be able to create a force sensitive character, who is friendly to the empire, (this may lock you into being a dark jedi) but should really make life easier considering that you wont have a imperial bounty on your head.***

Shail, I belive I read even if you are a Dark Jedi you will still be hunted. Don't ask me where but it was a dev post..or maybe faq..forgot.

Anyway, it was said that Vader and Emporer don't want other Jedi but them around. So Dark Jedi are to be killed on sight as well.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well i think you should only use your jedi skills when:

- your in real deep ****

- when you are in a planned battle

- around trusted people.

just my thought

-Wraith 8-

note to self dont tell wraith or any other =A= your a jedi :D

Originally posted by Corpocus

Shail, I belive I read even if you are a Dark Jedi you will still be hunted. Don't ask me where but it was a dev post..or maybe faq..forgot.

Yeah I think I read something like that on a post on the actual SWG forum, under a response to some announcements by Dev's but I think that was a player making a assumption. I'd have to go search for it and im too lazy. If I dont remember clearly, I just say so then assume what I'd like and move on :) Life is simpler that way.

If Dark Jedi and Rebel Jedi are hunted all the same by the empire, despite a imperial alliance, I would hope that we still have the power to change our factions in the game. I would hope that your Jedi has the power to sucessfully modify factions to cease any imperial agression.

Whats up in the air is Bounty Hunters and needing a bounty to attack a Jedi, I've been searching for that information and I can't find it. I dont know whether they will or wont need one. It's a very important thing, If a bounty is needed, it would definately stop the flow of random attacks being a Jedi, It would also make it harder for more than a few bounty hunters to attack you at once. Then again, the whole bounty system isn't clear to me. I dont know if more than one person can have a bounty warrent or if you can get a whole PA flagged with a warrent, or if anyone with your name can just gain a warrent, or if the NPC will only offer known offenders up to be bountied... I could go on with this, but since this is going to be a very important factor in determining the danger posed by Bounty hunters. More importantly I dont know if this is one way, will Jedi be able to target and kill any bounty hunter with a bounty? Or just any hunter, I am sure they will be able to defend themselves.

Word of caution, I do remember clearly reading that Jedi are not to be taken lightly and killing one will not be easy under any circumstance. So I would take great care bounty hunters that comes after this Jedi, Im planning on playing a bounty hunter basically because I want to know everything about them, their strenghts, limitations, and weaknesses. By time I get flagged force sensitive, if any bounty is placed on my head, it would be a good idea to ignore it, unless someone is looking for a 3rd degree lightsaber burn to the arm. Ever see a one armed bounty hunter shoot a blaster? Any of you looking for a profitable trade skill, move to my town and build cybernetic arms. I have a feeling Im gonna have to teach that lesson to a few people. Jedi are feared with goood reason, and not to be taken lightly. I got the force, what do you have a homemade blaster and a warrent? Didn't you see any of the movies?!?!?

Originally posted by swediot=)

note to self dont tell wraith or any other =A= your a jedi :D

lol yeah man we will destroy all jedi MUHAHAHHAH lol

nah.. we aint no jedi killers.. we are just people who think better than the average SWG player :p we think of our actions and possabilaties in game.

Originally posted by Thew Rydur

Well Jango killed a few Jedi in his day, granted he was the best of the best. If you read the comic Open Seasons he kills some Jedi with just his bare hands. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Is that right? lmfao... He was probably force sensitive himself and never trained in the ways of the force like Princess Leia... But I never heard of Jango killing any Jedi... I did remember in episode two him running from his life from Obiwan, and then getting Owned later on... He died so quickly, I dont even remember who did it... I think it was Samuel Jackson Master W... (whats his name?) who I dont think got enough screen time... I wanted to see Samuel Jackson out there putting the Jedi Smack down all over the place.

I'll definately post the server Im so as to back up my words with action when the time comes. For the sake of putting respect back into the Jedi name... Im going to be reminding alot of BH's that sometimes Permadeath is better than routine and ritualistic lightsaber tortures.

***At your weakest moment, just when you think all hope is gone, your tired and know you can't go on, You will see me, and my lightsaber, your concentration must be kept, you must focus, there is no mercy for the weak, "May the Force be With you" will be the last words to fill your ear just before my lightsaber does.***

Is that right? lmfao... He was probably force sensitive himself and never trained in the ways of the force like Princess Leia... But I never heard of Jango killing any Jedi... I did remember in episode two him running from his life from Obiwan, and then getting Owned later on... He died so quickly,

Sorry to correct you but Jango kills at least 1 Jedi in Episode II. If you watch the Battle at the Geonosian arena, there is this one scene where a Jedi jumps up to Count Dooku and wants to attack him. In this moment Jango appears draws his Blaster Pistol/s and kills the Jedi with a couple of shots. The Dead Jedi then fell back into the arena.

No doubt about this scene, have watched the movie over and over :D

Originally posted by Lindwurm

Sorry to correct you but Jango kills at least 1 Jedi in Episode II. If you watch the Battle at the Geonosian arena, there is this one scene where a Jedi jumps up to Count Dooku and wants to attack him. In this moment Jango appears draws his Blaster Pistol/s and kills the Jedi with a couple of shots. The Dead Jedi then fell back into the arena.

Yeah I missed that, (Im not going to go to the dollar movies to verify that, I'll take your word for it) probably because I was in awe of like 30 jedi coming in and just opening a lightsaber powered can of whoop@$$, wow Jango got one? Score Jedi 2 BH 1 (nameless rookie jedi). Well he was supposed to be a real bad@$$ according to the post above he's supposed to be able to kill jedi with his bare hands... A bounty hunter being as good as Jango is probably the eqivilant of a Jedi being as good as Vader, or Luke. I know the game isn't going to make them that powerful. Jango was class A bounty hunter so good they made a whole friggin clone army from him. I dont think that bounty hunters overall will suck, I think they will be a fun class to play. But I know they wont be overpowering Jedi left and right. It's not going to be open season on Jedi. Yeah the Jedi wont be Vader level... The bounty hunters wont be Jango... but for the most part Jedi will be very hard to kill, so say the Devs!!! BTW since you remember so much, what the hell was Samuel Jackson's characters name Master W...

I'd like to name my first character in his Honor.

Originally posted by Lindwurm

Yeah I missed that, (Im not going to go to the dollar movies to verify that, I'll take your word for it) probably because I was in awe of like 30 jedi coming in and just opening a lightsaber powered can of whoop@$$, wow Jango got one? Score Jedi 2 BH 1 (nameless rookie jedi). Well he was supposed to be a real bad@$$ according to the post above he's supposed to be able to kill jedi with his bare hands... A bounty hunter being as good as Jango is probably the eqivilant of a Jedi being as good as Vader, or Luke. I know the game isn't going to make them that powerful. Jango was class A bounty hunter so good they made a whole friggin clone army from him. I dont think that bounty hunters overall will suck, I think they will be a fun class to play. But I know they wont be overpowering Jedi left and right. It's not going to be open season on Jedi. Yeah the Jedi wont be Vader level... The bounty hunters wont be Jango... but for the most part Jedi will be very hard to kill, so say the Devs!!! BTW since you remember so much, what the hell was Samuel Jackson's characters Master W...

So, not all bounty hunters will be as powerful as Jango, if any. But what makes you believe all jedi will be as powerful as Luke in RotJ, or Mace Wendu? If you compare to the p&p rpg Star Wars, the playable jedi were happy if they could convince the grocery store owner to sell them groceries! :D

BTW since you remember so much, what the hell was Samuel Jackson's characters Master W...

Mace Windu.

Score Jedi 2 BH 1 (nameless rookie jedi).

I could have sworn I remember him sitting on the council. :)

I'll have to check that later.

Archived