Home

who can handle Pain

swphreak

Can guys handle pain better or can girls?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Can guys handle pain better or can girls?

• Guys
    • Girls

Ok, during my 4th period Science class we had a very strange debate. "Who can handle pain better, Guys or Girls?"

And believe it or not, it all started cuz some girl got a paper cut. . . The debate/discussion went on for like 45 mins. And at the last 10 mins before the bell rang, this one girls says: "Who pushes a watermelon size baby through their [edited]." After she said that, there was this awkward silence til the bell rang.

So, I'm wandering, what are your opinions on this?

I used to think that guys could handle pain better because of adrenaline, but now that she said that. . . I'm not sure. Cuz giving birth... thats gotta hurt.

physical: I guess men.

mental: women.

And like rhett, said, we guys may never know what it feels like, but their body was designed to do it...but i have heard of men enduring much more physical pain than what is said to be caused by childbirth.

personally, no challenges yet. :|

Now mental pain, i feel women have a better ability to bear. There are both cases where both men and women succumb to the pressure, but...y'know what i'm saying ;)

I certainly don't think girls have a higher mental pain threshhold, not in my experience at least. I mean, i know girls that fall apart when they break up with some guy they've been going out with for two weeks, or if they didn't do well on something or what not. The guys are all like "oh well" and laugh about it.

As for physical, i never even considerd this a question. Guys are lot rougher on each other than girls. If a guy gets punched or hit or whatever then it doesn't normally matter. All the girls i know can't take a hit at all.

As for chidbirth, if women have such a high pain tolerance, then why do they always scream and whatnot for painkillers. Childbirht hurts alot, i'm sure, but most of the time nowadays women have to take painkillers just ot make it. Or at least they want to. Not that i can blame them, though.

I mean, i know girls that fall apart when they break up with some guy they've been going out with for two weeks, or if they didn't do well on something or what not. The guys are all like "oh well" and laugh about it.

That's because, in those cases the guy didn't care at all. If it happened the other way around the guy would be devastated too...

Originally posted by krkode

That's because, in those cases the guy didn't care at all. If it happened the other way around the guy would be devastated too...

That was just one example. It happens in a lot of different situations.

And Homer, it varies with person to person, but doesn't everything? I mean, i'd think we were talking about men and women in general.

shall i tell you something... woman can cope with the most pain.. mentally and Physhicaly. have any of you men ever delivere a baby? have you ever asked your mom how much pain it was.... well i did .. and i also asked some other woman.... it is horrifying.

i say woman can cope with the most pain ever.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

shall i tell you something... woman can cope with the most pain.. mentally and Physhicaly. have any of you men ever delivere a baby?

No, and that is exactly why you can't use that for reasoning, simply because the only ones who knows how painful it is are those who have given birth, meaning you can't know how men would handle the pain because no man has ever given birth.

I wish women could feel what uts like to get kicked in the nuts, thats pain. In fact you don't even have to get hit in the nuts for them to hurt, you can barely graze nuts and they hurt sometimes. Thats is the king of all pain. The body of a woman may be designed to have a child, and I'm sure that hurts like hell and its something I'm glad I don't have the physical ability to experience. But it pails in comparison to the intensity of the pain of getting hit in the nuts.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

No, and that is exactly why you can't use that for reasoning, simply because the only ones who knows how painful it is are those who have given birth, meaning you can't know how men would handle the pain because no man has ever given birth.

but if we go down that way... we shouldnt have this discussion.... to discuss things like that.. you actually have to BE a man or woman to experiance it. so when you lot say that a guy can... its just because you felt something that hurt and you think you did it pretty good... but you didn't experiance it like a woman.... so its all speculation.... :D my speculation is just as valid as the next guys/girls.

I don't think that PHYSICALLY a guy's body is weaker than the girls' bodies (or vice versa), and of course we're both humans so we feel as much pain.

Matter is, boys and girls are raised differently. Boys are "not allowed to" cry, but girls are "allowed to" cry. So when a girl cries when she gets hurt, she appears to be "weaker" than the boy. About the baby thing. Well, many mothers DON'T tolerate it. Many go "Oh my god, can't you cut the baby out of my belly instead" (forgot the name of that operation ;)) when they start feeling the pain. They just don't really have a choice. Also, all these guys were tortured back in the middle ages, which should hurt as much as giving birth (water torture, for example). However, I think that if Joan D'arc was tortured she should endure it as much as any male commander, theoretically. It's up to the individuals.

Okay, these are official statistics, so don't flame me: GIRLS can handle mental pain better than boys (because of being social/open), while MEN can handle mental pain better than WOMENEN (maybe because by the time Women grow up, they live alone and/or don't "allow themselves' to cry/be open the same way as they did as they were little girls.

I think that it's up to the individual, though. There are boys who cry easily, there are girls who don't cry. There are girls who can hold their finger over a burning candle longer than the avg. boy, and vice versa. Physically, we feel equal pain and I don't think the girl BODY reacts to pain more harshly than a boy's body.

It's up to the individual, and while there are mental differences, many are caused by the way the kid is raised.

wow...for a bleak moment I thought I was the only one going to vote for the girls.

I haven't experienced the whole child birth thing yet. I'm scared actually. All these horror stories from all the woman around me. Strangers that think it is in my best interest to hear how they damn near died during childbirth. Enough to scare the bejessus outta me!

When I start complaining about how men don't have to go through the same amount of pain women do and how unfair it is and waaaaa. My fiance tells me its cuz "we ate the apple first"...lame excuse.

\and btw...being kicked in the balls probably hurts just as much as when someone hits a girls boob. It hurts like hell too.;)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I don't really like the whole, "who pushes what out where" debate. I'm sure birth hurts like hell and then some but it's not like their, "appendages" weren't designed to do that very thing.

Its supposed to hurt. It makes the woman aware of what is going on in time for preparations to be made (or so I read). Besides, it's a moot point, because once the pain starts it's kinda too late to back out.

ROFL

well...i thought this was about woman in general. And woman in general do go through child birth. And I didn't think we were discussing solely natural child birth. I'm not going to go into our stuff was made to do that. Just because it was meant to do that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell. But some woman think Childbirth isn't even painfuL! I pray I'm one of them! Some woman give birth to 10lb babies too without meds..owey. Anyways this isn't a debate about how much child birth hurts or what a woman chooses. Its about pain tolerance.

To get away from the child birth stuff - I think woman put up with more mental abuse then any man and that is still pain. They hold a lot in and can take more abuse in that respect then men. Men will just punch you out.

Archived