Home

Name of MI5

ADOLO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, those are good. either that or something like "the oracle of monkey island" or something. legend is good. something like folklore-ish stuff. i don't know what i'm saying.

hey, you know what'd be cool? is if they had like an "mi6" so to speak, where it's a bonus CD with "never before played sequences" and the secret is only revealed in there and not in mi5. that'd be neat.

Return to Monkey Island :D

That has been my idea for that name ever since I beat part 4. I love the series, and that is the only logical answer. The Legend of Monkey Island would be okay, but it seems more like that would be the name of a bulk package with all the games in it. I don't know, but I love the name Return to Monkey Island! As a matter of fact, I love the series so much, I am making a webpage on which I am going to put a story I am writing. I am carefully playing each of the games, taking breaks to write down every detail of the game. Where one game ends, I then write a little bit of my own creation, that puts Guybrush in the situation he is at in the next game, and even does it in a logical way. Well, I'm getting off topic.

OK this is a long list but please take the time to read it and tell me what you think:

Night of the living Monkeys (corny)

Sam and Max hit Monkey Island (no way)

Monkey Island Tycoon (why the hell did I bother)

The Power of Monkey Island( LeChuck could use the OTHER Secret of monkey island)

Grim Fandango's Revenge( nah )

Death of Monkey Island(could end with monkey island sinkin with a monkey with his thums up outta the water, like the end of terminator 2)

The Horror Of Monkey Island ( three headed monkey! u get the jist of it)

Under Monkey Island ( to kill lechuck, 4 good, go to hell kill his spirit..eh..again??)

Monkey Island: Guybrush Strikes Back

Monkey Island: The Monkeys Strike Back

The King of Monkey Island! (big three headed gorilla, or something like that)

The King of Monkey Island ( Guybrush is devorced from elaine, because of some sort of unknown evil lechuck theme, Guybrush goes to his only friends, The Monkeys and beomes their king. LeChuck takes Elain, word of it gets to guybrush, he saves her, realises LeChuck plan and they get hitched again, Big weddin scene( or not) with all the characters there.)

The Battle of monkey Island ( The showdown at the end could include all of the nice characters in a battle against LeChucks army of the undead, LeChuck is Skeleton, Monkey Combat at the end or Insult somthing, with a very spectacular ending scene that is so good we wont want a sequal, i hated MI4 ending)

And finally, Monkey Island 5: The Secret Revealed, *coughs and points at story over in the fan section*. 8cough*checkitoutitsgood*cough*

Agh, ive really got to get some cough medicine.

"Monkey Island 5: The Ultimate Insult" or maybe "Escape From Monkey Island 2" or maybe "Beneath Monkey Island" (I hope the upcoming Nightlight Productions MI-themed radio show is aware of the potential double meaning of something being titled 'Beneath Monkey Island')

Ha. This thread made me remember a dream I had last night.

Basically, LucasArts announced Escape from Monkey Island 2. Like Jedi Knight II to Dark Forces I guess. It was going to be almost exactly the same as EMI, just with slightly better graphics and a slightly weird story. Most people would deem that as a nightmare, but funnily enough I was getting quite excited about it in my own little dream world.

*gently pats Gabez on the head, then wanders off*

Actually, since I dreamt that I dreamt that one of my friends jumped off a 30-foot building and died last night, and then I did a soap-opera style "Oh, it was just a dream" thing within the dream, then went to school and discovered it wasn't just a dream, and then woke up for real I can't really say much. Oh the complex world of a Feral Chicken...

Anyway, I've always liked "Legend of Monkey Island", but why not go with something simple, like they did with "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge"?

Here's that box art: http://www.worldofmi.com/news/comments.php?newsid=356 And it clearly says "Return to Monkey Island"...

As for an MI5 title, why not "The Bottom of Monkey Island"? See, butt (bottom) gets kicked throughout the MI games, and Guybrush gets to get to the bottom of things, and it could be physically set on the bottom of the volcano, or the bottom of the ocean near Monkey Island, and it can refer to the bottom of a grog mug... etc.

Archived