Home

Whoooohoo!!! "Blizzard hits Northeast!"

SE_Vader_536

actually, it does get pretty cold here during the winter, in act, this winter was like the coldest it has ever been because of the cold winds.

And i was born in North Carolina and then lived in Tennessee. I remember one time while living in Tenn, we had like a foot of snow and my part of town lost power because some stupid tree fell on the power lines. Of course I was like 7 back then.....

how can you get sick of snow? i mean it gives you a day off, you can sled, ski, snowboard, etc. on it, and it makes winter much more enjoyable than if there was just cold and no snow. I mean whats great about summer? in the summer you can only take off so much clothing. in the winter if you are cold just pile on more clothing.

Originally posted by SE_Vader_536

how can you get sick of snow?

Let me count the ways:

1. Wrenching my back shoveling it.

2. Twisting my ankle walking on ice (going to work)

3. I'm in college which never wants to close (even when there are white outs)

4. I don't like the cold

5. I don't ski, go sledding or snowboarding

6. I like swiming.

Snow is fine for the months of december and January. By Feburary I want to see it to warm up. (by the way I like spring and fall. Not to hot not to cold)

how about this:

1. get a condo. no driveway or sidewalk therfore no shoveling.

2. be more careful when you're walking on ice...

3. the college is messed up then. why wouldn't they close for a 21 inch blizzard?

4. you should. its better than heat.

5. try them sometime

6. so get a membership at the Y and swim indoors...

usaully there aren't really any "perfect" days where its not to hot or not to cold.

how can you get sick of snow? i mean it gives you a day off, you can sled, ski, snowboard, etc. on it, and it makes winter much more enjoyable than if there was just cold and no snow. I mean whats great about summer? in the summer you can only take off so much clothing. in the winter if you are cold just pile on more clothing.

First of all, where I'm from school doesn't close when it snows as long as there's a way for the students to get to school. Be it a storm, visibility of 10m due to snow, Xcm deep snow, AND -16C, you name it, schools stay open. In the Houston Independent School District, we've got make-up days for the students to catch up if it ever snows :rolleyes:.

But yes, snow is better than coldness and no snow, and everyone look forward to it.

Summer?

Boat trip, beaches, swimming, girls, summer holidays, and I'm going back home to stay there [Norway] for a couple of weeks:)

Archived