Home

Star Wars Games

Metallus

Concerning Star Wars Games...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Concerning Star Wars Games...

• I lrrv them. Feel teh force!
    • Mostly good. Mostly.
    • I ignore them in favor of quality games like Hercs Adventures.
    • I do not care for the majority of them, although there are a few gems.
    • All of them suck always forever. HATE!

I like star wars games...when they're of the same quality that most adventure games by lucasarts are..

I can't remember many star wars games that I didn't enjoy playing. I really liked Jedi Outcast, X-Wing Alliance (tho what was up with that ending man!), Rebel Assault 1/2, Star Wars Racer, Starfighter (needed more missions and cutscenes tho) etc.

Currently I'm looking forward to Galaxies and KoToR, they seem like really good quality games. Hooray for Star Wars ;x

But wait a minute Metallus! Surely you have overlooked Monkey Islands 5 & 6!

Star Wars games are annoying, particularly the non-good ones, like, for instance, an example being Jedi Power Battles. Then you have the slightly less-annoying but still annoying enought to warrant being labelled as annoying annoyingly 'average' titles, such as Pod Racer. Every once in a while though, a Star Wars game is good, and that includes all of the Star Wars first person shooters. I am yet to play Jedi Knight 2 for fear that it may destroy my computer, but everything I shot on previous, lower resolution games always died with the correct level of death.

This poll's outcome is good so far. I like that even though only like 12 people have voted, it seems the majority of them don't like or hate games because they are or are not Star Wars, but instead like or hate them because they are or are not crap.

Well, honestly, I've enjoyed nearly every Star Wars game I've played, and I got turned on to LEC from playing games like X-Wing and the Super Star Wars series before I discovered a demo CD that had both Full Throttle and Dark Forces on it. Although I don't buy Star Wars games as much as I used to, I got Jedi Outcast (rox) last year, and I'm probably going to get Clone Wars for Xbox. I'm sure that there are some lemons out there, but speaking only about the games I've played (I haven't touched Obi-Wan thanks to the Remi-view, by the way), they're mostly good.

Obi-Wan is just sad. In fact, the saddest part is that it could have been great, but ended up going beyond crap. I do enjoy some Star Wars titles though, like the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast games, and I'm looking forward to KOTOR.

• 2 weeks later...

The old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games were good, but very hard! The best one is Rogue Leader on the Gamecube, literally like being in the film. The first podracer game was great fun as well. That Phantom Menace game was awful though!

As long as they don't make another generic, soulless game like Racer Revenge or The Phantom Menace, I'm okay with them.

How many people here actually played The Phantom Menace? My god was it horrific. And the less said about Obi-Wan, the better.

The Phantom Menace was a really good game, that was treated to ****e graphics and an awful control system. In the hands of the guys who made Metal Gear Solid, it could have been a special game. I mean, force pushes! Lightsabres!!

Last SW game I played was JKII. V good game apart from the ending which was one of those "HORRAY YOU WON THANKS MAN" with a 15sec cutscene.

I'm glad FT2 is coming and S&M2, though I fear they are likely to gear towards people into action games rather than us hardcore adventure players. The main reason being that LEC will probably want to make a quick sell and not risk too much with an adventure game.

Archived