Home

I feel old...

Darth Homer

I was driving home today and listening to the classic rock station, Led Zep was on :D, anywho, song finished, DJ came on & introduced the next song....it was "December" by Collective Soul....cool song, but I remember buying that album when it came out.... I'm just feeling kinda old now that I've heard a song that I remember from its run on the New Rock station on the classic station

*thinks of the scene in the new Gone In 60 Seconds when some punk pulls a gun on Astricky and Freb*

"Why, you lazy-ass bully! Any a**hole can pull a gun on somebody! You do not know the first thing about stealing a car!

Boy, you need a role model!"

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I got this back during the Transformers: Beast Wars run when they kept referencing the original series as their "Ancient Ancestors"

I never knew that there was an actual plot link between the two series :eek:

Still, the original series pwnz Beast Wars :D

*feels old now*

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I actually thought Beast Wars was better than the other Transformers. C'mon all the others that I've seen were in 2-D animation. BW was in 3-D Computer Animation. Looked much cooler.

As for that band.... I've never heard of it

Well they got a bit overshadowed by the whole grunge movement, but they came out in the early 90's. They're biggest hit was "No Rain" which featured a video of this character:

127690.jpg

This was also there first album, and it really blew me away.

The lead singer Shannon Hoon(RIP) was also famous for his back up vocals in Guns N' Roses' "Don't Cry". He's even in the video for a short period.

Anyways, They were great, and I'm still old because you probably have NO clue as to what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by krkode

But remember, you're not old until you hit 23...then you can consider yourself middle-aged :p

I'm 22!!! Ah crap...

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Actually you and I must be around same age. But you know what is even worse? When most of your favorite bands have at least one greatest hits album out already!

Yeah...Blind Melon was cool...the tripy bee...

I have noticed that most of the popular bands now...kinda suck...Linkin Park, Adema, etc All begin to sound the same after awhile

I am old.

I remember thinking the same way about Blind Melon as you do about those other bands you mentioned. As for the bands today,.. forget it! I have no idea about the current music scene, which just may be an issue, seeing as how I work in the music business.

I recognized about a quarter of the names of the bands up for a Grammy this last time around, and of those there were only a couple that I am familiar with thier music.

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

And it will happen to you!" - Grandpa

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I have noticed that most of the popular bands now...kinda suck...Linkin Park, Adema, etc All begin to sound the same after awhile

ahh whatya old people know about music nowadays. those bands rock! Especially Linkin Park.

You feel old?! :rolleyes:

How do you think I feel? I'm 25 and I just bought a new house last week, and my wife is about to give birth to our first child in 5 weeks! :eek:

I mean, think about it, I'm about to make a new generation, I'm about to be responsible for another life. I'm going to have to go to Parent-Teacher conferences, It seems like it was just yesterday that I was dreading my parents going to those on my behalf! :eek:

I feel really old! :o

Of course it dosn't help that I have Eets constantly reminding me of how old I am.... punk! ;)

Originally posted by krkode

I always feel old when I find myself panting and my muscles aching after swimming :D;)

But remember, you're not old until you hit 23...then you can consider yourself middle-aged :p

Shutup ...

23 is not old ... it's what I am 28 days from now ...

50 ... now thát's old (ofcourse, 27 years fom now I will denie that)

Archived