Home

You've GOT to be kidding...

Eldritch

I'm sure France has their own reasons (economic and otherwise) for holding up the decision in the UN. But they are still much weaker than they were when the UN was formed. Back then, they were perceived as a real world power. Not really, anymore.

This whole incident aside, they probably shouldnt hold the power in the UN that they do.

[edit: For those of you who think that this is a reflection of American public opinion, you're very wrong. Most Americans would get a good kick out of this, and just chalk it up to stupid, overzealous congressmen.

I'm sure France has their own reasons (economic and otherwise) for holding up the decision in the UN. But they are still much weaker than they were when the UN was formed. Back then, they were perceived as a real world power. Not really, anymore.

This whole incident aside, they probably shouldnt hold the power in the UN that they do.

But if you think that way, so shouldn't GB do either. I think Germany should, however.

"Freedom fries"...extremely silly...and probably even worse:

"Republican Jim Saxton of New Jersey has proposed a ban on Pentagon participation in this year’s Paris Air Show and restrictions on French participation in any postwar construction projects in Iraq."

I just don't understand how certain people can act so immature and stupid, don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I feel sorry for everyone who lives in the same country as such idiots.

Originally posted by Gorgan

hmmmm I hope this doesnt make anyone mad or anything...but will there be "freedom ticklers" now?

Heh - yeah - someone bring THAT one up with the french....

Would love to see the look on their face asking everyone to change THAT one!

*snicker*

I just got the same feeling I get after watching one of those ultra-patriotic movies you Yankees love so much.

To an outsider it all seems so silly. :D

Freedom Fries? LMAO!

I bet they wrap 'em in tiny paper US-flags and serve on a platter with the text "In God We Trust". :rolleyes:

As for this whole "war thingy" ... most countries are against it, it seems. Russia said they'll use their veto. Germany and France don't like the idea of war either.

If Bush is so concerned about weapons of mass destruction, how about North Korea? ....oh I'm sorry, I forgot. No oil?

Seriously: The US has said that they have the right to grab the oil in Irak 'cause they are the ones paying for all the bombs and stuff. Now...that's really great, but wasn't the point "protecting the greatest country in the world", "protecting the FREEEEEEDOM of USA"?

One might start to wonder whether OIL has something to do with the *need* to attack Irak.

The US has said repeatedly that they can and will attack Irak even though the UN sais no. That's quite a thing to say, IMHO.

Getting rid of Saddam would of course be great, but... the attitude of Bush really pisses off people all over the world.

Ps. What the hell was that crap with pulling out the flags etc. in rememberance for 9-11 IN THE OLYMPICS? How tacky. How American. :(

Oh yeah: no offense, I'm critisizing _things_, not you people. :)

I'm scared.... quick, someone freedom kiss me :)

That has got to be one of the most childish things I've heard.

"You won't agree with us, so we'll change the names of all things that we have to do with you"

tsk tsk tsk

they're not that serious though.... if they were, you guys would be shipping the statue of liberty back to them right now.... but you consider that american, and most people probably dont know of its origins...

“I don’t think we have to retaliate against France. They’ve isolated themselves pretty well,”

Now if you'll excuse me folks, I have to go and laugh my ass off.

Some of your politicians are just too funny. What are they, stand-up comedians who decided to try something different for a change? :D

Archived