Home

Very very very sad times.

darthfergie

:ball:

I got this in my inbox today. Not good news for any star wars fan out there... http://www.starwarsspoofs.com is being restricted.

March 31st, 2003:

It has been brought to my attention that Lucasfilm is not pleased with how their characters are being depicted at Star Wars Spoofs.

In a recent letter it was stated that "due to your portrayal of Star Wars characters, and the huge popularity of the Spoofs site, we at Lucasfilm, feel that you are making a mockery of George's beloved characters. The silly nature that they exhibit, not to mention Darth Vader's lack of depth perception and aim; all poke fun at characters who are very real and very serious to many Star Wars fans. To make sure that visitors to your site are not mislead as to the true nature of the characters, we would strongly advise you to differentiate the characters you are depicting, from the real ones created on screen. Therefore, as of the first day in April 2003, you are required to add black bars across the eyes of all the characters in your 11 Star Wars Spoofs."

Since this is the case, I thought I would let everyone know about the change ahead of time so you can go and get one last look at the spoofs in their original format, without the black bars that will be mandatory on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Ryan

WHY?

STUPID LAWYERS!:mad: :mad: :mad:

It was my first time there and it was awesome. Love the Slice n' dice Yoda. It doesn't make any sense. I hope it's just someone fooling around. If not, then well, we have somewhat today to watch it w/out the bars. But why put bars across their eyes? It's humor. Geez, these people have no sense of humor at all...

*Falls over dead from heart attack*

DADBLASTIT!

If I had his neck near me I'd choke him.

*sigh* I hate April fools...I'm so gullable...especially when it's from one of my sources of life-blood like SWSPOOFS.

*prepares himself for the torrent of April fools jokes for tomorrow*

OMG! those are hilarious!..

i can't stop laughing... i hope they don't really take it down.. i mean what is wrong with those? its a silly cartoon, that makes people laugh a lot... i didn't see anything that was wrong with those...

If that guy was serious then.. star wars has gone overly protective about their actors.. heh

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Oh...funny...

*check calendar*

Aw, crap. Not this time of year again.

*hunkers down in bomb shelter*

Ugh, I am with you on this one. This silly day needs to be abolished, after Valentine's Day of course....

Even Lucasfilm has a better sense of humor than that.:rolleyes:

If they really did something like that, they would recieve my first ever hate mail. I love that site.

Archived