Home

Location! Location!

StormHammer

Originally posted by StormHammer

Yes, that definitely look like a Sith temple in some of the screenshots. I wonder if this could be an actual re-imagining of Dromuund Kaas from MotS itself?

Or as someone else hopes...perhaps Korriban?

That would just be plain awesome! I loved Dromuund Kaas and those sith statues, very atmospheric!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoth was the one i realy wanted (i hope they make it like the ICE levels in DF, they ruled). Also lots of opportunity for using sabers to drop icicles, colapse ice bridges etc...

I really liked the Red Pallette on the gas mining level from DF too.

Endor would be good, as we already know what it looks like from the movies... again lots of choices for cutting rope bridges.

As for other options, i would really like to see their versions of the planets from EPs1 & 2... 30 years on. (although i doubt they would be allowed).

THe ruins of Naboo city, find a crashed droid control ship and activate the power before you realise what it is (very aliens).

Also, another ship-based boarding action on a blockade runner like at the start of ANH would rule. (with the sparks and smoke and rebel troopers crouching at the sides of the corridor). THey tried one in MotS, but the technology wasn't really up to it.

Baron's hed would also be cool. And Jabba's palace (with whoever controls it now)

Originally posted by greedo626

from what I can tell from the 10 screenshots, it looks like Yavin 4, some dark temple(like something out of MotS), and Tatooine.

this screenie 6.jpg doesn't look like any planet I can think of. it's a cool pic though so I'm using it as wallpaper on my desktop:D

It remind me the last level of Bounty Hunter

I want a earth like planet (Chandrilla, Thyferra(?) or wathever its spelled) also a city planet, Coruscant or Corellia, maybe Malastare to sorta replace yavin swamps but please WITHOUT RAIN

and of course civilians, the nar Shaddaa of JO has a lot of people but, why an entire moon against you?

Originally posted by toms

Hoth was the one i realy wanted (i hope they make it like the ICE levels in DF, they ruled). Also lots of opportunity for using sabers to drop icicles, colapse ice bridges etc...

I've always wanted a proper Hoth level to play around in too. Riding a Taun Taun would be great. You know, someone could even make a MOD for Taun Taun races...

THe ruins of Naboo city, find a crashed droid control ship and activate the power before you realise what it is (very aliens).

Hehe. That could actually be quite cool. "Oops, what did I touch?" or "It's not my fault!" as the power comes on and droidekas start pouring out of the walls...

Also, another ship-based boarding action on a blockade runner like at the start of ANH would rule. (with the sparks and smoke and rebel troopers crouching at the sides of the corridor). THey tried one in MotS, but the technology wasn't really up to it.

Yes, I forgot to mention that in my want list, but I'd really like to have a ship-based level too. That kind of scenario would be great, especially if you had to defend some civvy's with your lightsaber as the enemy pours through a hole in the wall. Pirate smugglers boarding a ship, low gravity, the ship plummeting into the gravity well of a planet or sun...and you need to get an important notary to an escape pod while under fire... all in a days work for a Padawan... :D

Originally posted by Master_Payne

I want a earth like planet (Chandrilla, Thyferra(?) or wathever its spelled) also a city planet, Coruscant or Corellia, maybe Malastare to sorta replace yavin swamps but please WITHOUT RAIN

Malastare? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the home of the Gran? I'd only want to go there if a lot of the Gran were neutral NPC's. I wouldn't want an entire planet against me. :D

Corellia might be good to see as well, considering it's the birthplace of Han Solo, Wedge Antilles etc. It would be fun if you bumped into one of them along the way...

You know, seeing mention of all these other worlds (some of which may or may not appear in the SP game), it makes me wonder if it will be at all possible at a future date for people to make MODs of these worlds to add them to the SP campaign as alternative missions - sort of like the plugins used in Morrowind, etc. That would increase the replay value even more, IMHO.

well, i'd hope they'd include home worlds for all the races (Rodia for Rodians, Ryloth for Twi'leks, Correlia and some others, maybe Naboo for humans, plus Kashhykk if there are Woolies, etc.). Definitely movie locales, Coruscant (there's a lot of reference material), Tatoinne, Yavin, Hoth, Endor, plus other cool places :)

Originally posted by boinga1

well, i'd hope they'd include home worlds for all the races (Rodia for Rodians, Ryloth for Twi'leks, Correlia and some others, maybe Naboo for humans, plus Kashhykk if there are Woolies, etc.).

That would certainly make a lot of sense. :thumbsup: Most of these worlds have only really been hinted at in EU material, and it would be great to actually explore them (even a small part of them).

Guest Krayt Tion

I'm just glad they're claiming a larger number of locales instead of the few locations broken off into many bits thing from JO.

Dark Forces ruled that way... snowy ice planet, hot red dry planet, mountainous cliff planet, powered-down devasted city, ultra secure imperial city, spaceships, underground sewers, a good nar shaddaa. Top notch, not third-rate like JO.

Originally posted by Krayt Tion

I'm just glad they're claiming a larger number of locales instead of the few locations broken off into many bits thing from JO.

Dark Forces ruled that way... snowy ice planet, hot red dry planet, mountainous cliff planet, powered-down devasted city, ultra secure imperial city, spaceships, underground sewers, a good nar shaddaa. Top notch, not third-rate like JO.

Now that you mention it, Krayt, it does seem a bit more like DF than JK. :) The only problem with DF now, though, is it takes hardly any time at all to go through those levels now, so lets hope they get the size and complexity of design spot on to make each mission really challenging. I'd hate to be playing JA the third time through in a third of the time.

Posted by StormHammer

You know, seeing mention of all these other worlds (some of which may or may not appear in the SP game), it makes me wonder if it will be at all possible at a future date for people to make MODs of these worlds to add them to the SP campaign as alternative missions - sort of like the plugins used in Morrowind, etc. That would increase the replay value even more, IMHO.

OMG... OMG OMG OMG if we can do that - just drop new missions in like that - it could be awesome, and would MASSIVELY increase the SP replayability value :eek:

I can't believe that it didn't occur to me before... Stormy, you're amazing :D

I'm not even sure I understand what I'm getting at here myself, but if it works the way I think it might, then... Wow...

*has been completely blown away by the idea of just being able to slot new missions in :D*

I dearly hope it works something like that in the finished product... I also hope they release the editing tools before the game, too, so we can get a good feel for how they work before it's released (they said they were doing things differently to how they did JK2, so I'm keen to see what those differences are and what effects they might have...)

...I tend to get a little hyper when I'm tired :D

But I really want to get my paws on the editing tools to see how they've done things... Adding your own missions that still 'fit' between the ones that are built into the game would be simply awesome... *goes off to sleep on the idea*

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

OMG... OMG OMG OMG if we can do that - just drop new missions in like that - it could be awesome, and would MASSIVELY increase the SP replayability value :eek:

I can't believe that it didn't occur to me before... Stormy, you're amazing :D

I have my moments. :D I agree that this kind of thing would be awesome, but I'm unsure how easy (or hard) it would be for them to implement. I only thought of it because of the mention of being able to pick and choose your next mission. It just sounds a bit modular to me, and that's a good thing. I certainly hope Raven have considered doing something like this.

Swat...have I considered Dantooine? You mean for a holiday? :D I believe Dantooine is going to appear in Knights Of The Old Republic, so it might be cool to go back there 4000 years later.

I would love to see Coruscant, absolutely my favorite planet in SW. I't be excellent to chase someone past crowds of npcs, enter a couple of establishments, go to the Jedi Temple (if it's still around or was rebuilt, which if it hasn't it very well should be) and finish having a saber duel on the rooftop of a skyscraper, with the city and buzzing traffic around you. If somehow this could be pulled off, that'd be my choice. A great big city world with a lot of stuff happening around the main mission. No good game has had Coruscant in it yet and (within the current limitations as to its portrayal) it's a real shame. It's the capitol dammit, important crap should happen there too!

Other locales I'd like to see, Korriban definately, maybe entering some sort of giant ancient Sith Temple/Citadel resembling Moria from LotR. I wouldn't mind seeing Kamino. Tatooine of course, especially if they have a great palace to satisfy my Dune munchies. Hoth is cool but depending how they make it, just underground bases that are unending chunks of ice don't really blow me away. Basically, aside my wish to see a high tech developed world such as Coruscant, I'd generally like to see more fantasy-Tolkienesh oriented locations (temples, palaces, citadels and underground cities with massive statues, halls, etc) as opposed to normal sci-fi (ships and space stations or standard imperial bases) as mission locales, though I know it ain't happening...oh well. Still, the game looks really good.

I would prefer to see the whole game in locations that are not in the movies. That was one of the best things about JK and MotS. I got to see whole new worlds. I wasn't expecting anything, because I had no clue what to expect. It was more interesting that way.

I wouldn't mind going back to some MotS locations. That game was really exotic with its locations. We had a NR military base, Imperial military base (the asteroid), a Hutt Palace, urban city/spaceport, 2 criminal facilities (loved 'em), corvette map, nebulon cargo ship map, and the amazing Sith Temple which I have not beaten still.

Sadly, I guess its obvious that we will have to revisit some movie locales in this. It better be varied at least. I don't want to have to say, "Oh, look that is the hangar where Leia and the gang escaped on the Millenium Falcon! YIPPEE!". That would be lame and "fanboyish." At least JK2 didn't do that and thank god for that.

Originally posted by JDKnite188

I would prefer to see the whole game in locations that are not in the movies. That was one of the best things about JK and MotS. I got to see whole new worlds. I wasn't expecting anything, because I had no clue what to expect. It was more interesting that way.

Although I'd like to visit Dagobah and Hoth, I tend to agree with you. It would get a bit boring just going around the locations seen in the movies. That's why I also want to see some of the places that are mentioned in the movies, but never seen - like Mon Calamari, maybe Kessel, and some others. After all, that's what we'll be getting in Knights Of The Old Republic, with Dantooine and Korriban. I hope there is a lot of variety - and judging by the fact that they said they wanted a different location per mission (and each mission is basically a single large level), then it should feel more like MotS, which did a fair amount of switching around, as you said.

Archived