Home

Location! Location!

StormHammer

That skeleton dealy is a good inclusion.

Tatooine was WAY more important than say, Hoth or Bespin. Totooine was like Nar Shadaa, a hub for lawless bandits and smugglers. It wasn't poor either, Jabba was in command of that whole planet, the Imps just left it alone, that's all.

Hoth was REALLY out of the way. There was nothing there.

Bespin is just one of the many unimportant worlds in SW.

In my opinion, they should make up new worlds, like in Hapan space or maybe in the unknown regions like the Ssi-Ruk area. That's just what I think.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind taking a stroll in the city caves of Ryloth. They are located in the twilight band between extremes of light and dark, and would make a very interesting game location imo. Of course, you would need a substantial amount of Twi'lek npc's to make it convincing.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I just wish my previous idea about allowing missions to be plugged into SP could be realised, because it would add a great deal of scope to the SP game.

<snip>

I would also love to see them introduce a Random Mission Generator ... particularly if you could save particular scenarios and share them, much as they sought for SOF2.

I hope very much for the RMG element, although I doubt it will be there.

As for the 'extendability', it would be a wonderful thing if you could plug new missions into the SP game. However, since we are likely to get a 'Galaxy saver' ending, it is not likely. I would actually like to see Raven/LEC take a lead on plug-in extension missions. ... I'd buy a subscription ...

Mike

Coruscant is top of the list. I want a level where you can go to the Coruscant mountains (see the Tim Zahn novels), and descend into the city.

Or how about the poles of Coruscant?

And Bespin. Can't get enough Bespin.

Also, how about an Alderaan remnant area. Some kind of asteroid field exploration level. Although I think MotS had something a bit like that already...

Anyway, since they're visiting Hoth, they may as well visit the nearby asteroid field too.

Yes, Bespin - the planet the Han Solo flew the Millennium Falcon to, from the Hoth asteroid field, without a working hyperdrive - within his lifetime :rolleyes:

But yes, Cloud City would be cool, as would Couruscant - right after my Mos Eisley Cantina :cool:

Has anyone read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter? That book had some interesting descriptions of the lower levels of Coruscant.

I don't think Hoth is a very good location for this game: what's there? A caved in former base. I can't understand how that could even possibly be put into a working storyline. Why don't they use a different snow world like the ones from DF? That game didn't need to reuse old planets.

Furthermore, Bespin is not a very good environment for three reasons:

-Lando DOES NOT OWN Cloud City (he shouldn't have in JO)

-It has already been done

-It was never a very important planet anyway, it was just interesting

Just my opinions, BTW

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

I don't think Hoth is a very good location for this game: what's there? A caved in former base. I can't understand how that could even possibly be put into a working storyline. Why don't they use a different snow world like the ones from DF? That game didn't need to reuse old planets.

I disagree. Who knows what Raven have planned for this location? For all we know there could be a band of smugglers operating out of the icy wastes, and we have to put an end to their raids. I mean...assuming the Imperials didn't bother to mop up afterwards, there's a lot of hardware lying around down there. Anyway...they might conceivably introduce some of the elements from the EU, like the caves etc., that Han Solo discovered while scouting the planet to see if it was a suitable base of operations for the Rebels. Anyway...I want to ride a Taun Taun, and that's more than enough reason for me. :D

I hope they introduce some good mist and snow blizzard effects...and footprints in the snow, and puffs of steam as you breathe, which they did for that level in Soldier Of Fortune. That would rock.

So what? I don't see what ownership by a particular character has to do with mission design and parameters. They could develop any number of different scenarios for a return to the cloud city.

True...but I still don't think it's been done properly. The cloud city has so far been portrayed as a light brownish setting...but many of the buildings are actually grey or white. And while I enjoyed the mission on Bespin in JO...I think some of the level design could have been a lot better, including a lot less linear. Basically, I don't think the level design so far has actually looked like the scenes in the movies, so if they were to try to get closer to the styles and lighting seen in the movies, I don't see why it couldn't be included.

I agree with Stormhammer that Taun Taun's will be great to ride. Besides, there could be lots of different storylines about what happened on Hoth after the Rebel's fled. Did the Empire set up a base? Did the rebels re-establish a small outpost? What sort of things were left there?

How does this matter one way or another? Besides, who says he doesn't own it by the JO timeframe? Some EU book? It doesn't really affect the story in either case.

One story has been done there, yes. But there could be many other possible adventures in that city. All the possibilities have not be exhausted.

-It was never a very important planet anyway, it was just interesting

If it is interesting, all the more reason to go back. :) Tatooine wasn't important in the grand scheme of things either. Nor was Dagobah. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be visited.

Why not use new planets instead?

And, to reinforce my stand on Hoth, the whole reason that the rebels even went there was that it was out of the way. There shouldn't be anything there. If smugglers set up some base there, that would be a waste of a good opportunity to include new levels. (Taun Tauns=:D)

Bespin is okay, but really, people, why do we need to go back? We've seen the carbon chamber, etc. Wouldn't you prefer something new? I mean, yeah, it's cool, but I'd rather see, like, the hull of some damaged Dreadnought floating around and a bunch of spacetroopers shooting at you, or something! (PS- Anyone remember that game: Space Hulk? Scary!)

Tatooine, for example, would be okay, but I don't see the point. Why not instead go to Coruscant or, i don't know, uh... Corellia. If you only want locales from the movies, you're bound to get bored after two or three more games.

Why not use new planets instead?

This sort of goes back to the NJO Vong comments (was that this thread or another one? They all blend together after a while). Many SW junkies would like to see the Vong in the game or go to different planets. The fact of the matter is that the majority of people who are going to pick up this game don't know anything about the EU. They only know what they see in the movies. Having a SW game to them means seeing things and people they recognize. They aren't going to care about some planet called Corellia or Sullest, because they don't know squat about them.

And, to reinforce my stand on Hoth, the whole reason that the rebels even went there was that it was out of the way. There shouldn't be anything there. If smugglers set up some base there, that would be a waste of a good opportunity to include new levels. (Taun Tauns=:D)

We'll get to ride Taun Tauns. End of discussion! :)

Tatooine, for example, would be okay, but I don't see the point. Why not instead go to Coruscant or, i don't know, uh... Corellia. If you only want locales from the movies, you're bound to get bored after two or three more games.

Any planet is going to start to get boring after playing the game a few times. I know I don't want to go back to Kejim any more. At least not without my lightsaber :)

It would be nice to see well-known and unknown planets, too. Personally I think, Planets from books and films should work properly together. I am curious to know , how can Star Wars feelings be retrieved and how can it be renewed?

Having a large selection of planets gives variety to JEDI ACADEMY.

"You will know. When you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

I think a lot of us have already stated that we'd like to see a mix. I don't want to see new locales exclusively...nor do I want to see movie locales exclusively. They have to strike the right balance. By including locales that are easily recognisable from the movies, then it gives a game a firm grounding in the Star Wars universe. I think it helps to give you a sense of perspective...that you're actually inside Star Wars. Then if they can add new locations not seen before, that may or may not have been mentioned in the movies or EU material...that helps to keep the game fresh, with new challenges and scenery. JK and DF managed to pull off not visiting a movie locale...but how well would such a game be received now, when you have hordes of fans who want to experience those movie locales?

Anyway, I agree that if they were to use the same planets over and over through a series of games, it would start to feel all too familiar. New worlds have been introduced in the prequels, so there is no reason why one or two of those planets could not be visited in future titles, in tandem with new and exciting worlds never seen on the big screen. :)

Exactly.

-PS- I didn't say the new planets should be EU. They should just not be from the movies, if you get my drift. Original creations made just for JA would be awesome.

:lechuck:

Anyway, that's all I have to say... for now! (Sinister cackle)

that devastated town in DF was excellent... with all the charred corpses lying around and burnt out buildings.

Somehow it managed to capture exactly the look when luke's farm gets destroyed and you see the skeletons of his relations.... pretty impressive considering the graphical limitations.

That is what i want, locations that capture the "feel" of starwars, even if they aren't precisely the locations in the films. (Unlike most of the levels in JO which captured teh feel of Quake 2 levels).

A decent representation of Ord mantell would be very cool... it looked pretty cool when you were on that train in SotE, with all the wrecked star destroyers and sandcrawlers... shame you were too bust trying to stop the stupid game dumping you off the train and killing you...

Archived