Home

Location! Location!

StormHammer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by taekwondo joe

yes, but it will never happen :( oh well, after maybe a few years simce the gam comes out, and the mod comunity biulds them, maybe then we shall have all of em, :D

I'm not sure it would take that long. If Mod crews saw the need for introducing popular locations that are not included out of the box in the game, then I'm sure there would be some kind of collaboration to ensure that they didn't all start production of the same locations.

I just wish my previous idea about allowing missions to be plugged into SP could be realised, because it would add a great deal of scope to the SP game.

It would also be great if Raven/LEC followed through on this title by releasing bonus packs with additional worlds and missions on a frequent basis to extend the life of the game for gamers, both in terms of SP and MP maps.

I would also love to see them introduce a Random Mission Generator, where you could pick terrain types (like tatooine, Hoth, dagobah etc.), so that you could go on missions with different parameters within locations that look like those from the movies, or are close to descriptions of other planets. An RMG for MP and SP parts of the game (or at least MP with decent bot AI that can take advantage of the terrain), could add a great deal to longevity, particularly if you could save particular scenarios and share them, much as they sought for SOF2.

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

that was a cool thing about sof2, and yeah i would love to see one of those in ja, but the most varried missions of all i think was dark forces, you had ice, red mars like planet, ships, facilitys, it was really cool, JA as far as places lacked :(

Well, it seems to me that JA will be emulating DF in terms of variety of locations far more than either JK or JO. DF pretty much defines the 'mission-per-level' scenario for the series, and boasted a new location for every mission. According to what they've already stated, JA will be doing pretty much the same thing...a different location per mission, and each mission is a new level. I suspect there will be some missions that could be split across two levels (maybe more), but the majority should be quite varied. If they can really mix up and break up the types of locations so that there is good contrast between each mission, it will probably feel quite like DF. Here's hoping...

Originally posted by Lionen

I am quite sure, that the planet is still there. Its not like the new republic would destroy it, to eradicate all signs of the sith.

Absolutely it would still be there. But would it be as interesting a place to visit without the Sith being there? :)

Originally posted by Prime

Absolutely it would still be there. But would it be as interesting a place to visit without the Sith being there? :)

Well, they did a good job with Dromuund Kaas in MotS, and there weren't any Sith there either. Just statues that came to life and some nasty Vornskrs and Swamp Wampas and the odd Dianoga. It depends a great deal on what kind of native live Korriban would have...and whether the spirits of the Sith still linger in the ruins of the temples. Sith spirits can be just as dangerous as the Sith themselves, if you look at any of the EU material produced over the years. So I don't see a reason for any location being ruled out, necessarily. I'd even suggest that if you choose the path of the Dark side in SP, it might be essetial to visit the ancient home of the Sith to discover even darker knowledge...perhaps in the form of a Dark holocron, or have a dark spirit be your mentor, like Rahn was to Katarn. There's a great deal of scope for that sort of thing, IMHO. :)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Well, they did a good job with Dromuund Kaas in MotS, and there weren't any Sith there either. Just statues that came to life and some nasty Vornskrs and Swamp Wampas and the odd Dianoga. It depends a great deal on what kind of native live Korriban would have...and whether the spirits of the Sith still linger in the ruins of the temples. Sith spirits can be just as dangerous as the Sith themselves, if you look at any of the EU material produced over the years. So I don't see a reason for any location being ruled out, necessarily. I'd even suggest that if you choose the path of the Dark side in SP, it might be essetial to visit the ancient home of the Sith to discover even darker knowledge...perhaps in the form of a Dark holocron, or have a dark spirit be your mentor, like Rahn was to Katarn. There's a great deal of scope for that sort of thing, IMHO. :)

True enough. Some of these ideas would make great plot points...

Why not go to Korriban? Different place. Never seen it. Fine with me.

Ord Mantell would be nice. Maybe even Rodia. I would love almost any ALIEN world. Pick a race, lets go.

And Alderaan ..... btw... thats been destroyed for a while for a while.

Wouldn't it be neat working for the New Republic going to planets to resolve disputes? Fight drug lords? Corruption? Racism? You know . . . all that good vs. evil stuff. At least there would be a lot of action!

Originally posted by joesdomain

It would be nice to have all the locations from the movies.

-Naboo, Tatonnie, Courscant, Yavin 4, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, Endor, Kamino, Geonosis

Some of the planets mentioned like:

Alderran, Dantoonie, Kessel, and Ord Mantell

Those would be some fun places to vist.

Originally posted by JDKnite188

Wouldn't it be neat working for the New Republic going to planets to resolve disputes? Fight drug lords? Corruption? Racism? You know . . . all that good vs. evil stuff. At least there would be a lot of action!

I'm sure they've come up with a lot of interesting scenarios that fit well within the context of each location. We already know that there will be...

a mission to rescue prisoners and keep the Rancor at bay while they escape

...and I'm sure there's a lot more variety. :)

Originally posted by StormHammer

I'm sure they've come up with a lot of interesting scenarios that fit well within the context of each location. We already know that there will be...

a mission to rescue prisoners and keep the Rancor at bay while they escape

...and I'm sure there's a lot more variety. :)

thats not really a spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Well, StormHammer, the one location that I would love to see in this game is the Mos Eisley Cantina. Not to fight in, nor to be an integral part of any story line. But simply to be - to walk down those same steps, down into that same smokey pit of scum and villainy, where so many years ago the alien universe of Star Wars truly came to life.

I'd walk up to the bar, and scope out the patrons. Do any of them look familiar? Is that an Aqualish with one arm? Do I recognize any of the music? What band is that? Could it be Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes? And that booth in the corner - is that where Greedo made his last stand? More historically, is this where the new hope began his lonely quest to establish the return of the Jedi?

And of course, is that silly Ithorian in the corner Momaw Nadon?

By the way, it's nice to be back :cool: ... you know I never really left.

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

That would make a cool user-made level for JO, but the models aren't available :( I sure would like to go play sabacc with that werewolf! Or better yet that four foot tall bat-style man!

Well, Raven have stated that they are using about 30 different skeletons for characters this time around...as opposed to 3 in JO, so I would say there is a much better likelihood of seeing a wider variety of characters this time around. We won't know exactly what's in there until we have more details, but if we can choose Twi'Leks as playable characters...then I reckon they're in the game as civilians as well. The model's there...so why not exploit it?

And Vagabond...that is an awesome idea. I'd love to walk into that Cantina and see it buzzing with life and music. That would totally rock, IMHO. :cool:

Prime...you have a point. :D

Archived