Home

Location! Location!

StormHammer

Okay, we know that Yavin IV will feature in the game...and the GameStar mag mentioned Tatooine (backed up by grainy screenshots) and Hoth. What other planets/locations do you think will be in the game? What locations would you like to see the most? A return to Bespin, perhaps? Or new worlds from the Star Wars universe?

Personally, I'd like to visit Dagobah...I'm a sucker for swamps. :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, if they do include Nar Shaddaa...they must include one very special item on the level...

a spray can, for making graffitti!

:D

I have to say Hoth is one of my favourite SW planets...and if we do get to ride a Taun Taun, I'll be in my element.

A planet I've always wanted to see (movie or game) is Mon Calamari. If they include a Mon Cal as a playable character, it would be kickass to visit the home world...

from what I can tell from the 10 screenshots, it looks like Yavin 4, some dark temple(like something out of MotS), and Tatooine.

this screenie 6.jpg doesn't look like any planet I can think of. it's a cool pic though so I'm using it as wallpaper on my desktop:D

Originally posted by greedo626

some dark temple(like something out of MotS),

Yes, that definitely look like a Sith temple in some of the screenshots. I wonder if this could be an actual re-imagining of Dromuund Kaas from MotS itself?

Or as someone else hopes...perhaps Korriban?

Originally posted by The_One

A decent version of Nar Shaddaa - they had it spot on in Dark Forces and JK, but it didn't feel right at all in JKII.

What he said.

Return to Dromuund Kaas would be neat. I would like some other planets from the original DF in there. Maybe Anoat City (no sewers this time, thankyou :p ), Talay (a thriving NR base?), and heck, why not Cal Seti (home to Ramsees Hed)? I love city levels where you don't have to kill stormies all day long...

Also, Sulon would be cool to revisit.

And even Ord Katrassi. (Uhhh, that's what I call the planet where Takara and Ka'Pa are, also the place where Mara tracks down Abron Mar in MotS.)

Yeah, that screenshot is wicked. The lighting looks perfect imo. It seems the locations are going to be huge in this game from what I've read, and by the looks of the screenshots so far, the detail is going to be beautiful.

I really like the going into bad guy's base type thing in jk1 :)

That funny feeling :) and also an on foot chase seems like good fun in jk3 for osme odd reason (dunno why i jsut came up with it) but probably not a chance since they've done most of the work.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

and also an on foot chase seems like good fun in jk3 for osme odd reason (dunno why i jsut came up with it) but probably not a chance since they've done most of the work.

What...you mean like having to follow an enemy throughout the level, or something? Yes, that would be good...and who knows, they might have something like that in there. They seemed to be suggesting their trying to shake up some of the gameplay elements in each mission, so hunting someone down sounds like a good call to me. I think something like that would work better in a city-style level...where you can lose someone in a crowd, or around a corner, quite easily. Then use your Jedi senses to focus on them again...

Hell, if they don't include that in the retail game...maybe it should be a MOD. :D

leXX...that screenshot actually reminds me a bit of RUNE - same kind of lighting effect. If they can get close to RUNE visually, then they're onto a graphical winner, IMHO.

Originally posted by StormHammer

What...you mean like having to follow an enemy throughout the level, or something? Yes, that would be good...and who knows, they might have something like that in there. They seemed to be suggesting their trying to shake up some of the gameplay elements in each mission, so hunting someone down sounds like a good call to me. I think something like that would work better in a city-style level...where you can lose someone in a crowd, or around a corner, quite easily. Then use your Jedi senses to focus on them again...

Hell, if they don't include that in the retail game...maybe it should be a MOD. :D

That sounds just like MotS... Only, you never have to really keep up with the guy, because you confront him in the cutscene.

Also, someone had released a mod for MotS or JK where you are a sandtrooper and must chase down a guy. It was a test, and it failed miserably IMO...

City is needed. Lots of them, and no JO Nar Shaddaa, thankyou.

Yep, that's what i'm talking about and perhaps force sight would be good if it was densely populated with lots of corners (maybe no the dense mind you) and the guy you were chasing is highlighted compared to the rest. The better the level of sight you have, the easier it is to catch him :) would be a good catch in trying to balance out your powers....

Originally posted by Katarn07

Also, someone had released a mod for MotS or JK where you are a sandtrooper and must chase down a guy. It was a test, and it failed miserably IMO...

Hmmm...perhaps it comes down to how it's implemented. If it's done well, I think it could be good. As Agen just said...perhaps if the character your chasing has a glow on them or something, so you can identify them more readily. I remember the MotS level you speak of...and it was a bit hit and miss, because you're never sure you've got it right, IMHO.

Anyway, I still think it could work as part of a mission, leading onto something else. In a way, that's what the first level of Jedi Knight was supposed to be...chasing 8t88 through Nar Shaddaa...but you never actually got to see the droid until the end of the level. That was one of the failings of the game, IMHO.

And I still say we need a spray can... :D

Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe

I'd like to see Barons Hed again, and maybe add some civilians and innocents to kill! That's the thing I didn't like about JK2, there were no civilians wandering around...

Ah yes, I can just see it now. Baron's Hed as a thriving community under the New Republic...and the Dark Tower turned into a shopping mall. :D That would be so funny! ;)

heh yeah, there's definitely gotta be a city with lots and lots of civilians. hopefully that bar shoot will have many more civilians then it does there heh. it was kind of weird how in JO there wasn't a true civilian in the entire game, IIRC...

I wouldn't mind a return to Dromuund Kaas if they can work it in... Hoth should be fun, too :D

A jungley-foresty type place would be good, too (like Endor) ^_^

*edit* Only just read DeTRiTiC's post - Kashyyyk sounds good to me! :D

Ad of course, Nar Shaddaa is a must, provided it's done more like it was in JK rather than JK2 :(:D

Posted by StormHammer

Ah yes, I can just see it now. Baron's Hed as a thriving community under the New Republic...and the Dark Tower turned into a shopping mall. :D

Bwahahahaha :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

As much as I want to see Coruscant, I don't want them doing it unless they can really pull it off.

I agree. Coruscant is really supposed to be a planet-sized city buzzing with life...and I don't think they could get anywhere near what we saw in Episode II. And that's the fundamental problem...having seen it like that in the movie, we'd inevitably want to see something similar in a game. Sparsely populated winding corridors don't really cut the mustard these days. :(

I'd also like to see Kashyyyk, that would be pretty cool, an entire mission taking place above the forest floor.

Have you ever played the Tokara Forest map in UT2K3? That map is pretty much how I would envision Kashyyyk - only bigger, of course. If Raven could give us something like that map, it would be excellent.

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Ad of course, Nar Shaddaa is a must, provided it's done more like it was in JK rather than JK2

I agree. It needs to be far more sprawling and complex, with lots of twists and turns and vertical drops. While the Nar level in JO was good (in it's own right), it just didn't feel like Nar. Again, though, they're going to be hard-pressed to realise a bustling city crawling with low-lifes. I remember how enemies just seemed to magically appear on ledges the further you went...and it didn't feel very realistic. I've discussed this problem before in other threads, but they need to address how they 'introduce' characters to your line of sight, and make it a bit more logical.

So, are there any other locations people are hankering for?

Archived