Home

WIP bespin (ctf)

Khaza

The map doesn't have name yet but is allready starting to build up. It's mix of ffa_bespin and bespin_streets (sp) with ctf_ns_streets dangers :) Don't worry about the lighting or the skybox since I haven't really started working on with them.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

...more screenshots coming soon!

[edit] added thumbnails

:eek: Wow thats pretty good. at first i thought this map was going to be boring because there is already a map called bespin ctf. But when i looked at the screenshots i was amazed at all the good details and such.. Do you have any other plans on making another map?

Can we have an update on the cool map you started making? It looks good, very good, im amazed at its good details and textures.Well about that, how big do you plan on making it? I was sort of hoping it would be a moderate size, cause the bespin ctf i play in is super short , but fun ;) anyway good job and good luck.

I have had few problems while making rest of the so total redesign of the map was inevitable (im little perfectionist :)) .. but nothing too dramatic ;)

Im going to post new screenshots tomorow if everything goes right.

Looking better and better, Khaza. I know you've got plans for a new rendered skybox, but I couldn't resist messing around with the original bespin skybox. Got a few alternates for you to look at... let me know if you want to use any of them.

bespinalt1.txt

bespinalt2.txt

bespinalt3.txt

Nice skies there Eldritch, I liked the #1 very much.. but as I wrote earlier I wan't to have rendered sky because it needs to have buildings in it.

Anyways.. here I go again:

011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg

Lately I have been wondering if few neon signs or ads could be added around the map without ruining the atmosphere.. any suggestions here ?

Lately I have been working with the interior parts:

019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg

022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg

... lighting is quite finished but I need to create more custom textures since ranvens textures don't fit in at all. Im still trying to figure out what walls are missing since they look quite empty right now, any ideas are welcome. :)

Here is the reason I hate texture compression in mp:

025.jpg

..and here are the actual screenshots :D

026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg

As you can see I added more details and new textures, also I use more detailed lighting settings wudan gave me. /me thanks wudan

i see im not the only one who likes making bespin levels :D

nice touch going for the dark setting

oh hint for ya the floor in the film is made up of square slabs

3 across the corridoor but as its hard to fit perfectly on maps like this i would just texture the floor normally with it.

The floor in the film is also shiny but in MP this could cause to much lag.

Im making the daytime version of bespin =] for Single player

and i think ive gone mad with the windows :rolleyes: LOL

Bespin corridoors are hard arnt they because we never see the whole film set.

But in making my map i have a good tip for you.

Those corridoors youve made in the straight parts before the centre circle with the light statue. In the film youll see those round topped corridoors criss cross between. What we need is a map of Cloud city =]]

More screenies:

030.jpg 031.jpg 032.jpg

033.jpg 034.jpg 035.jpg

I started using the normal/bumpmaps to create more realistic lights for the ceiling & wall textures.. I don't know if you can see the difference but its definitely there :) Blue flag is going to be on the platform and players can make ctf_bespin style window jump to evade defending forces.

Thanks for the tips Livingdeadjedi.. I will possibly add those tilings to floor later on :)

Archived