Home

I can't believe it!!

leXX

I asked my brother if he still had my old Star Wars toys and he said no, he left them at my mums house, so I asked him if I found them could I have them and after some thought, he said yes. So I went searching in my mum's attic and I managed to find a bunch of my old figures!! I have a 1977 Vader and R2D2, loads dated 1980 and 1984. I'm gonna take a picture soon and post it.

They are not in very good condition considering my brother and I played with them all the time when I was little, but I can't even begin to tell you the memories that came flooding back when I laid my eyes on them.

I still can't find all the vehicles I had, AT AT, AT ST, Falcon etc etc, and I had loads more figures. I know I'll find everything eventually.

I just can't believe I thought my brother took them with him and all this time they were right above my head every time I went to my mums. DOH.

I don't know how much they are worth but the sentimental value these toys hold for me is priceless.

edit/ Here's a pic of them:

lexxswtoys.jpg

The search continues...

I had the same experience a few months ago when I finaly got all my crap out of my parents basement when they were moving out of that house. I ran across a non descript shoebox, I flipped off the lid and just about fell on my knees when I saw my old Chewie and Snaggletooth figures. There were some more in there, but I was so surprised and happy when I saw them staring back at me. :chew1:

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. I got around 40 vintage I got, 3 bucks each. I played with most of them. You have some funny duplicates there...

My favorite figures in my collection are the PotF2 guys, 95-98, because those are the ones I played with.

Originally posted by Katarn07

You have some funny duplicates there...

Well, my mum bought two of every figure. One for me and one for my brother so we wouldn't fight over them. :D

The search still continues. I'm gonna get in the attic again tommorow and dig deep. Then there is the small attic to go through too.

Dang... wish I hadn`t sold all my stuff (including my AT-AT)at a boot sale.

Speaking of an AT-AT, I went to the museum of childhood in Bethnall Green a while back and what did they have... An AT-AT and some sealed figures. Ahh the memories...

Unfortunately yes. Years of joyful play have taken their toll on poor Luke, and ESB Han is missing his face. Poor 1977 Vader is missing his cloak and saber, and many others are missing parts. The casualties of war. :(:)

No not straight into the ground near my feet, I built those starfighters like bricks, they had the sleek kinda starfighter shape but they were solid, you couldn't break em. So I became proud of this fact and crash tested all of them...

I hardly ever kept the lego as the things they were supposed to be made as, I alwayz built my own stuff and they were great!

Originally posted by Hindy

I dont know if its just me but... I used to love chewing on the Leia Bounty Hunter ROTJ helmet as a child. It was just soooo good to chew, anyone else?

*looks around suspiciously*

Nuh, I never chewed on the Cloud City Leia.

Is vintage collecting as popular as it once was? I have some near mint stuff. You can see all my vintage stuff here (that ain't to 56k friendly, btw :()

I too have plenty of duplicates (of new figures), but most are Stormies or droids. I used to buy 2 of each, one in, one out. But I soon kept them all in and got the select ones out. Now that I have no room for figures on the card, I keep the OT Saga guys in, and take the AotC ones out :)

Originally posted by Hindy

I dont know if its just me but... I used to love chewing on the Leia Bounty Hunter ROTJ helmet as a child. It was just soooo good to chew, anyone else?

i used to chew the ewoks' headpieces :) they were nice and chewie

and i swallowed a few blasters as well, i was 4 at the time.

Archived