Home

Slang guide for SWG

Exar_reborn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kaiser Spaso

correct me if i am wrong but isn't a civil war within a nation? i.e. Rebels vs. Rebels or Empire vs. Empire................i think Rebs vs Imps would just be GW..........Galactic War........but i may be mistaken

No, the term GCW is in fact correct. As it once was the Republic, united all as one, and now it is at war internally. That would therefore make it a Galaxy at war with itself, hence Galactic Civil War.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Buff - A potion, spell, or other item that causes one or more stats on your "character sheet" to increase. In SWG, food is also a buff.

That's really useful to me: I've been looking for the meaning of this word since I started to visit this forum but i never found anything! :)

I think that all of these terms should be grouped togheter in a section of the site.

Bye

Simone

Originally posted by Kaiser Spaso

as it has been made clear to me in many other threads (thx Reaper :rolleyes: ) there won't be a death star.

You are learning well young padawan, :p And like wraith said try to use edit button kasier. Remember we are not your enemys we are here to help.

If you got any doubts about a post feel free to pm me at anytime, anytime at all :)

And to simone, we will soon be adding them to the Associates a-z book of meanings or they might already be added. :)

am sorry but i didn't know how to quote 2 different people in one post

Easy. :)

Above the box where you type in your reply, there are several buttons you can push to create a code.

Each code has a Start Tag and an End Tag.

There are 2 modes on the use of the buttons: Normal Mode or Enhanced Mode.

This option can be found to the left of the buttons under vB code.

When you are in Normal Mode, everytime you press one of the buttons (quote, img, http://, PHP, B, I, etc....) a script box will open up where you can put the quote or anything you want to be bold and such in there. When you hit OK it will insert at the end of the text (note: it will always be put at the end) with the appropriate code in the front and back.

The Enhanced Mode I think is better. It gives a better overview of everything in my eyes. :)

When you press one of the buttons, let's say quote, the code will appear at the end of the text (again like with the Normal mode. You cannot place your marker anywhere in your already written text and insert the code. It will always end up at the end), but only the first part. The Start Tag looks like this:

Ignore the *

When you have typed in or copy and pasted what you want to quote, press Close Current Tag, or alternatly Close All Tags.

The End Tag looks like this:

[/quote*]

Again, ignore the *

Almost the same, but with an added / to indicate that it is the End Tag.

Example:

i am sorry but i didn't know how to quote 2 different people in one post[/quote*]

This is how it will look like (without the *) before you submit it, and this is how it looks like after:

i am sorry but i didn't know how to quote 2 different people in one post

You can also type in the codes yourself when you get more familiar with the thing. I do that alot. :)

Just experiment with it, and press Preview Message instead of Submit Message to see how it looks like.

HINT: Try to get used to mark & copy everything you have typed before pressing any buttons, incase something bad happens. ;)

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Easy. :)

Above the box where you type in your reply, there are several buttons you can push to create a code.

Each code has a Start Tag and an End Tag.

There are 2 modes on the use of the buttons: Normal Mode or Enhanced Mode.

This option can be found to the left of the buttons under vB code.

When you are in Normal Mode, everytime you press one of the buttons (quote, img, http://, PHP, B, I, etc....) a script box will open up where you can put the quote or anything you want to be bold and such in there. When you hit OK it will insert at the end of the text (note: it will always be put at the end) with the appropriate code in the front and back.

The Enhanced Mode I think is better. It gives a better overview of everything in my eyes. :)

When you press one of the buttons, let's say quote, the code will appear at the end of the text (again like with the Normal mode. You cannot place your marker anywhere in your already written text and insert the code. It will always end up at the end), but only the first part. The Start Tag looks like this:

Ignore the *

When you have typed in or copy and pasted what you want to quote, press Close Current Tag, or alternatly Close All Tags.

The End Tag looks like this:

[/quote*]

Again, ignore the *

Almost the same, but with an added / to indicate that it is the End Tag.

Example:

i am sorry but i didn't know how to quote 2 different people in one post[/quote*]

This is how it will look like (without the *) before you submit it, and this is how it looks like after:

You can also type in the codes yourself when you get more familiar with the thing. I do that alot. :)

Just experiment with it, and press Preview Message instead of Submit Message to see how it looks like.

HINT: Try to get used to mark & copy everything you have typed before pressing any buttons, incase something bad happens. ;)

Also use the Topic Review (Newest First) reply box, just below where you type your message. It helps alot that box. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius

:-) Smile

;-) Winking

:-( Frowning

:'-( Crying

:-@ Screaming

:-& Tongue-tied

:-D Laughing

:-/ Skeptical

<:-| Dunce

0:-) Angel

:-* Oops

$-) Yuppie

8-) Excited

:-{ Pouting

%-) Cross-eyed

:-x Kiss

:-O Excited

hehehe, some of these are really stupid, I mean, who would use $-) (yuppie)

You left out the "assicons" :)

(_!_) a regular ass

(__!__) a fat ass

(!) a tight ass

(_*_) a sore ass

{_!_} a swishy ass

(_o_) an ass that's been around

(_x_) kiss my ass

(_X_) leave my ass alone

(_zzz_) a tired ass

(_E=mc2_) a smart ass

(_$_) Money coming out of his ass

(_?_) Dumb Ass

Hehe, all in good fun :D

Got some good old Delta Force ones, don't know if they will be useful in game though:

n00b t00ber=One who uses explosives too much to the point where its a primary weapon.

nade=An explosive or can be used as a verb such as nade that building.

mi= Move it!

gfy=go fudge yourself

snipe=one who is a long range rifleman or can be used as a verb such as snipe him; meaning kill him.

camper=a person who sits in one spot by an enemy base and shoots all that moves.

Originally posted by Lord_Vessen

Got some good old Delta Force ones, don't know if they will be useful in game though:

n00b t00ber=One who uses explosives too much to the point where its a primary weapon.

nade=An explosive or can be used as a verb such as nade that building.

mi= Move it!

gfy=go fudge yourself

snipe=one who is a long range rifleman or can be used as a verb such as snipe him; meaning kill him.

camper=a person who sits in one spot by an enemy base and shoots all that moves.

hmm i play a lot of delta force online... but i never saw those :D i do know one other from DF games: Spawn raper. this was a guy who kept to your spawn point and kept killing you when you came back. i hated those guys.... but i think we dont need to worry about them in SWG!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived