Home

Rebel vs. Empire again?

Mazellion

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like rebel vs empire but the fact is they havnt really achieved that yet. If Raven decides to get rid of the blue and red and make it more movie like then it will be great(for example, if your empire you look like empire if your rebel you look like rebels, sith have sith clothes, jedi have jedi clothes, saber colors blue and green for rebel and red for empire). No teams need to be added, your trying say it should be more like a strategy game, ie: WAR3.

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

Dude, you touched on this before, methinks.

I'm more interested to know who the bad guy will be in single player. Remnant?

Well, looking at that trailer, there are Snowtroopers on Hoth. I reckon someone forgot to pick them up after the battle in ESB.

Personally I hope the 'Remnant' are not the key protagonists this time around. A couple of run-ins with Imperials is okay along the way...but I'd prefer to see some new bad guys (and gals) as a rising threat...

AFAIK, the new Siege mode in MP will probably have the Rebel v Imperial entanglements. That's not to say it's restricted to that...although it may be. They could allow you to pick other 'factions' as you call them, and even if they don't, I'm sure an inventive MOD crew could adapt it.

Dudes, haven't you seen the latest trailer?

If you watch closely, you'll see a take on Desann's old hideout with 3 eggs in the corner (near the rectangular rock).

Now...if you pause the trailer at that point and look real hard, you can see one of the eggs hatching... O.o! :eek:

Rebel vs. Empire again?

Well... you wanted Republic versus Confederacy, perhaps? :D

Seriously, it seems there may be multiple factions in this game- perhaps the New Republic, Empire, and [insert third party name here].

Originally posted by StormHammer

Personally I hope the 'Remnant' are not the key protagonists this time around. A couple of run-ins with Imperials is okay along the way...but I'd prefer to see some new bad guys (and gals) as a rising threat...

I am sorry I have to do this :( but I think you mean antagonists.

Originally posted by TheBlueFlamingo

ahh ****, that would be so damn lame if the baddies were Dessan eggs.

OMFG. I can just imagine the story now...

"Desann is dead. However, his child, who hatched from an egg, has arisen again to reclaim his throne!"

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DarkLord_44

I am sorry I have to do this :( but I think you mean antagonists.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I guess I'm having a bad day. :(

As for eggs...what? How far into the trailer are we talking here? I've gone through the trailer frame by frame and I don't see any eggs... :confused:

No-no-no. You got it all wrong.

Desann didn't lay any eggs, that would be silly. The question you're all missing is: Who is the mother?

I ran into Kenn a few days ago and he gave me some inside info. I'll use a spoiler so that I won't spoil the surprise for those who don't want to find out yet.

Remember the Rancor in the trailer? Yup...you guessed it: it's a SHE!! :eek:

Ok.. now I've gone through the trailer frame by frame a couple of hundred times.. no wait, make that thousand times, and I can't see those damn eggs anywhere... are you playing with our weak minds (:p:D) that get frustrated just at the thought of having a Desann egg being the bad guy.. or do those eggs really exist? :p

Really? They showed up okay on my screen at 2x... Guess I have a higher screeen res than you... :confused:

Anyway, I can't upload a screenie cos I've got nowhere to host it - sorry :(

Try the fullscreen thing as Luc said, and you ought to be able to see them :)

Archived