Home

Wookie Conversation

The Punisher

This issue may have been dealt with before, but not that I can find...so...

Wookies cannot speak basic, but they can understand it right? Won't this make it extremely hard for a wookie to buy a weapon, sell goods, start a hunting party,or basically do anything that involves talking to a non-wookie? Isn't there anyway for wookies to communicate? I heard something about them using *emotes*, how will that work? Also, maybe I heard somewhere that language will be a skill in future expansions....Ahhhh!!!

What I'm basically saying is, I really want to be a wookie, but I'm afraid I would just have too many troubles doing the easiest, and the most fun party of the game: communicating. :chewie:

Wookies cannot speak basic because of their jaw structure, but they can learn to understand it I believe. Other players can learn Shyriiwook, so you could have a friend translate for you, like Vessen said, or get a translator of some kind.

I don't think you will have a problem, because you can set yourself as Looking For Group and let people come to you, and buying things might "just work" for ease purposes (to stay with continuity, probably not though). It will be hard, yes, but it wont be impossible.

Originally posted by The Punisher

Thanks guys, actually, I found an answer here: http://starwarsgalaxies.gamerscove.net/

Says you can learn other languages from npcs. Knowing this, I think'll I just learn Shyriiwook and make some wookies friends.

Sorry punisher, that site is agaist the forum rules now. It is a Beta leaked site, and violates the NDA. :)

So please refrain from posting it again, like a nice forum member would do. :p

Word. I'm guessing the closer and closer it gets to opening, the more and more violations we'll see. :mad:

Which of course is a bad thing, it wil also ruin the surprises in the game. And the feeling of finding out things yourself. :)

Thanks guys, actually, I found an answer here: http://www.rafaelbarp.hpg.com.br/heineken.JPG

Says you can learn other languages from npcs. Knowing this, I think'll I just learn Shyriiwook and make some wookies friends.

im your main wookie man :thumbsup: ill be practicing alot with my emotes to try and communicate with people but luckely ther are like 4-5 wookies in my pa :D so i wont be totally lonely but i wil try to learn basic this is like first on my to do list..... second CANTINA

ARTHUR: O Knights of Ni, we have brought you your shrubbery. May we go now?

HEAD KNIGHT: It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly,... but there is one small problem.

ARTHUR: What is that?

HEAD KNIGHT: We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.

KNIGHTS OF NI: Ni! Shh!

HEAD KNIGHT: Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

RANDOM: Ni!

HEAD KNIGHT: Therefore, we must give you a test.

ARTHUR: What is this test, O Knights of-- knights who till recently said 'ni'?

HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery!

*dramatic chord*

ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!

RANDOM: Ni!

HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.

KNIGHTS OF NI: A path! A path! A path! Ni! Shh! Ni! Ni! Ni! Shh! Shh!...

HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring! *dramatic chord*

KNIGHTS OF NI: A herring!

ARTHUR: We shall do no such thing!

HEAD KNIGHT: Oh, please!

There really should be a rule against me posting at 3 AM. For the best of mankind.

Archived