The Count

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm directly coated from the Bible

Originally coated in the Bible

Whoever hits someone and kills them shall be put to death

That is in Exodus 21 verse 12

So my point is proven DT, please dont argue on THIS subject anymore lets move onto something else unless you have something you really want to say.

Originally posted by Darth Tyranus

You are forgetting "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and referal to the New Testament Turn the other cheek, the old testament is outdated.

It is still the Word of God

And in the new testamant it still states that if one hits and kills a person that the person will be put to death

Originally posted by neo262

DT, out of Luther's Small Catechism, it says under the 5th Commandment(You shall not murder) that lawful government, as God's servants, may execute criminals and fight just wars.

Go neo262, its your birthday:p

Good Job man, I think we finally shut um down:)

Couldnt have done it with out ya;)

Originally posted by Captain Wilson

well, that was an intresting threaed to read.

FT and neo, you could of gone with the teaching an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life.

by the way , how did i thread about GWB become a deep religous debate...:confused: oh well:p

Hmm never thought of that Wilson, too bad you missed the debate, which side are you on lets hear your opinion:)

..someone asking for my opinion:eek:theres a first for everything;)

well on bush, i think hes big headed, aggorant and in most cases wrong. But he is a good leader, look at Uks primester, blair ((i come from UK)) hes worse. i feel that attacking iraq was right but for the wrong reasons.

on the god thing...i feel that for one god isnt nice at all. Jesus yes ..god no. Example, the great flood ((noahs ark)). he killed the whole human race bar one family as they didnt follow him. many examples of god sending his chosen people out on wars. But i feel events such as Sep 11th are tests of faith. In this day and age we neeed god more then we know.

on the death penalty, if someone gives them self the right to take a life, then they give some one the right to take there life. But as jesus said 'let him without sin cast the first stone'

and were is all this going to you ask

well nowhere i guess :D

Torque and I could go on and on about this, but I really don't need another debate again today. But I have to tell you that Jesus(God the Son), God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit form a trinity, thus getting the name, the Trinity. Don't ask me to get into depth because it is EXTREMELY complicated and is beyond human understanding.

Originally posted by Father Torque

Yes, but these people dont believe in God #1 becaus if they did they wouldnt do it (the crime), #2 All sins are crimes. And # 3, why are you guys feeling sad for Criminals, they commited sin and half of them dont believe in god which i said earlier, meaning theydont believe in Jesus which mean they dont ask for forgivness of sin.

there you are wrong. 98% of all serial killers are devout religious people 94% of the killers are christian. 6% are assorted. they also chose to kill because god told them to. :). loving god. and whose to say they didn't actually hear god. it's the same possiblity as that they didn't hear god. so it's 50/50 chance they did hear god.

Yes he is right right no more debating from us today, but maybe tommarow:p

And I was reading through the bible under the punsihement and command book in the Bible and I noticed that it mentioned a city called zion:D

Well, atleast you explained your views in an acceptable manner CW, thanks for that:) . I hate it when people start a debate off by saying all of this crud that makes no sense and is irr-relevant to the topic.

And IS, give me one piece of fact and I will start thinking about believing you, and also they arent christians if they sin so much they are put in jail, unless they ask for forgiveness, and only god and Jesus know, so for no dont through up wild numbers from the blue;) . Sorry for the beating IS, you're still my friend:)

Ooooh, and neo262, good point on the trinity thing I will explain tommarow if you dont have the chance, also My churches name is Holy Trinity.:D

DT, one can always ask God for forgiveness and show fruits of his forgiveness.

ok i'll go and kill your mother ask for god's forgiveness and all is good [/end hypothetical scenario]

also FT life can often be compared to a game. besides all games are based on life. if you live in a game with no cheats you could be in a real world. think of the matrix. the matrix was a program everyone lives in. well games are programs. couldn't you just live your life normally and consider oh i go to work that 100 shubblah points(whatever you wanna call it) all in all it's that life is a game because it's just here no real point. you get money from doing odd job's. where does the money go, random things(items), medicine(health potion), food(energy potion). i can compare life to an rpg, why? because all games are based off of real life.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

ok i'll go and kill your mother ask for god's forgiveness and all is good [/end hypothetical scenario]

also FT life can often be compared to a game. besides all games are based on life. if you live in a game with no cheats you could be in a real world. think of the matrix. the matrix was a program everyone lives in. well games are programs. couldn't you just live your life normally and consider oh i go to work that 100 shubblah points(whatever you wanna call it) all in all it's that life is a game because it's just here no real point. you get money from doing odd job's. where does the money go, random things(items), medicine(health potion), food(energy potion). i can compare life to an rpg, why? because all games are based off of real life.

Thats not what it means IS, it says in the bible, those who hit and kill someone will be put to death. But if you ask for forgivness to Jesus you will go to Heaven, even if you are prosicuted in life:)

And ill say it again, the world is not a game IS, all games arent based off of real life. Starcraft for example. Aliens dont exsist, like zerg people dont exsist. And the Matrix is Science FICTION .

I think God used September 11th as a revival of the Christian faith. God does not chastise us because we have chosen George W. Bush as President. He is a Christian, and we should be thankful because of that.

i hate to break it to you, but nobody elected Bush to be your president. He took the elections.

---

the problem is that the usa went into iraq under the flag of Weapons Of Mass Destruction. but since then it had found none. so instead the white house change the media public relations strategy to saying it was a regime change to liberate iraq.

the problem is the US media ate it up. they never questioned hard the government. If Canada or the UK did a thing like that, you'd be sure the media will hound them for the truth and clear answear.

I dont want to go over board saying that Bush sucks because I know some people respect him and I understand that. People are different, so political views are bound to be different. so dont shove your opinion into the face of those that dont desire it.

----

now for a little humour. There's a show in Canada called "This Hour Has 22 Minutes". Its basicly like the Daily Show but Canadian. Very populor. Master mind of the hit short clips "Talking to Americans".

Anyways, there's been some political turmoil here in Canada over a minister calling Bush a moron. Here's the reply from that show:

http://www.22minutes.com/realwrapper.php?target=apology_256.rm

Its a joke. pure satire. Its on purpose that it is on the edge of insult. But thats the point!!! So take this with humour. if people complain I'll remove the link and I'll say I'm sorry for ever having a sence of humour.

I swear, if Bush gets another term, I'm just going to beat my head against the wall until I end up in a coma for the duration of his four-year reign of idiocy. I mean it. I couldn't take another four years with that simian simpleton in office.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, THE GUY ALMOST DIED CHOKING ON A PRETZEL! HOW RETARDED DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO PASS OUT WHILE CHOKING ON A PRETZEL?!

Well, I guess we can't let Curious George ( :p ) eat pretzels while watching SpongeBob anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I have to say that Bush is one of the worst presidents that our nation has ever had the misfortune of getting stuck with. Let's recap:

In a matter of three years, he's caused a terrorist incident that killed thousands of people (and I really do believe that it was his fault that it happened) and as a result, we've been dragged into two wars, both of which have had ulterior motives (oil, anyone?) and have subsequently lost the lives of hundreds American soldiers and the lives of countless civilians.

Here's a little factoid: in the war in Iraq, we killed more civilians that we did enemy soldiers. How lovely. :mad:

I just wish someone would make Bush understand that the blood of all those people, everyone killed in those wars, is on his hands. YOU HEAR ME, MONKEY-BRAIN?! YOUR HANDS! YOU KILLED THEM ALL! YOU KILLED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT BUSH! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm really pissed off now. I need to go calm down.

*Stomps away*

Originally posted by Father Torque

Starcraft for example. Aliens dont exsist, like zerg people dont exsist. And the Matrix is Science FICTION .

Prove it. Prove aliens don't exist. Prove science fiction is fiction. Prove there is a God without following it through blind faith. YOU CAN'T!! All you have is a 2000 year old book full of contradictions and hypocracies saying there is a God. I can write a book, get a group of people to believe I am some kind of messiah and have them spread my word. Would I be a messiah? No, I'm just a jackass who told everyone I was. Am I some kind of God-son or a god's avatar? **** no, I'm a whiteboy from Toledo who just said I was. Does this make me right? In there minds I'm everything.

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

I'm sorry, but I have to say that Bush is one of the worst presidents that our nation has ever had the misfortune of getting stuck with.

not really. Bill Clinton was exactly like Bush. He was as ignorant as Bush in internal policies. Ignore the cyanide level in the water, was the first president to not make the gas emition from polution law more hard on Detroit (in fact, at the rate at which things where heading, we'd be saving more than 50% the gas consumtion rate that we have right now) and the list goes one.

The difference between Bush and Clinton, is that Bill had charm and carisma. People LIKED him as a person, so he could get away with anything he wanted.

Archived