Home

Anti-Homosexuality

Die Another Day

The Bible is FULL OF contradictions. According to it, God kills every first-born in Egypt and then drowns a battalion of the Egyptian army. Then he tells Moses that it is wrong to kill.

It is wrong for humans to kill.But God made us, why cant God take us away? I believe that whatever happens is for Gods will and is good in the end for Christians.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo

I believe that whatever happens is for Gods will and is good in the end for Christians.

Well gay people 'happened' therefore that is God's will.

He may have destroyed Soddom and Gomorrah, but he hasn't spent every day since killing people simply for being gay.

Therefore it is God's will that there are gay people. QED.

Accept it as such.

B.

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

Well gay people 'happened' therefore that is God's will.

He may have destroyed Soddom and Gomorrah, but he hasn't spent every day since killing people simply for being gay.

Therefore it is God's will that there are gay people. QED.

Accept it as such.

B.

No, times have changed since the Old Testament. God doesnt intervene as much as he used to.

And gay bashing just happened so accept it as such:rolleyes: You can use that argument for abuot anything

Originally posted by Homuncul

Please name one, if not some unpleasent mutation, I would agree with you then. I heard there are only sexual and asexual replication, gay animals can't replicate themselves, while everything we know bout nature says that it wants to consume and multiply, if it doesn't it's eliminated by natural selection. Do gay animals gene replicate themselves, I think they have no such opportunity, so they live and die and nothing more.

frogs and toads can reproduce having gay sex. but only on rare occasions such as harvest moons and drought. watch jurassic park. also they have gay sex store the sperm transmorph into a "female"(they actually just form eggs to be fertalized)

No, times have changed since the Old Testament. God doesnt intervene as much as he used to.

Correct. Times have changed since the New Testament as well.

And gay bashing just happened so accept it as such:rolleyes:

I don't share your religious beliefs Thrackan. Therefore I don't have to accept 'God's Will'.

'Gay bashing' is wrong. Period.

It's up there with racism.

B.

First of all, I know that what I am about to say will offend many people in here. I don't care - almost half of you have succeded in offending me in this thread, and I'm merely stating an opinion.

The Bible is a load of rubbish.

I'm not just saying this because you are using it to back up your arguments, oh no. I've always held religion in the exact same view - rubbish. I don't believe in a God, and I don't worship or practice any faith. So, anyone coming to me arguing with religion can walk straight back out again... bye now.

As for raising children who have two fathers, I think that could be viewed as totally wrong by a majority. However, here in Great Britain, a gay couple have adopted a child successfully. I can't see how this affects the child in the long run - after all, you are BORN homosexual, so what can having two fathers do to you? Nothing. Myself and Anthony have no plans to start a family, and I can't see that changing. I don't really get on well with kids, anyway (they vomit, cry and cost money).

The situation in Great Britain is one of tolerance. There are more 'gay bars' here in London than you can shake a stick at (excuse the pun). Generally, people don't mind, or care, what goes on behind closed doors, as long as it doesn't affect them. I can live with that. My family have been a great support, especially my mother, who didn't like the fact at first but realised I was still her son at the end of the day, whatever my sexuality.

Oh, and Jah Warrior, I have to agree - lesbians scare the hell out of me! At least I have the sense to sleep with men... no offence to any lesbians out there, I'm sure you're perfectly nice people.

I'm getting the general picture that many of you simply don't believe in homosexuality. It's not that you hate gay people, and well done you. I can see that, if your religion says it's wrong, you won't agree with the concept. Fine, absolutely fine... just remember that not all gay guys are like me - I know a guy who is deeply religious and homosexual at the same time. He gets along perfectly, many of the people at his church accepting him for what he is - a fellow man.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who you love. You could sleep with guys or girls, but it's the person inside the counts. Anthony is a funny, charming, generous and happy person, but just because he's homosexual shouldn't automatically make him evil, or wrong, or a criminal of some sort. No-one here knew I was gay until yesterday, and you didn't need to... people were still nice to me, joking and playing the odd RPG. At the end of the day, I'm still me. No change. Me.

Oh, and another preconception that can be destroyed here and now - just because I'm gay, doesn't make me camp or woman-like. We don't all run round wearing flowery dresses shouting in high-pitched voices. Before I told people, no-one had the slightest idea that I was a homosexual. I actually walked into a bar once (exclusively for gay men) and found everyone staring at me, thinking I wasn't gay at all.

I love beer, I watch football, I know all about cars and nothing about gardening. Still a guy, not some dangerous half-breed.

I do find it funny, though - my favourite film character, James Bond, is possibly the straightest man in the universe! Interesting, no?

As for Anakin's fear of gays hitting on straight men, I'd say the fear is unfounded. Would you hit on lesbians as well? What if you were getting all worked up over girl and in the middle of the conversation, she calmly says that her sexual preference unfortunately excludes you - would you then politely exit, or continue pestering her?

...'Coz I can you tell you right now that that's what gay men feel about you, and they sure aren't monstrous rapists, just like you aren't either.

Now, for the "unnatural" argument: Imagine if you and your heterosexuality were in the minority. Everyone around you was telling you that it's unnatural to love the opposite sex. But you couldn't understand it. They wanted you to love men, even though you had a girlfriend and couldn't imagine being with other men. You had always felt this way, even though all the movies and books had told you it was the other way around. It is unnatural, they say - people should stick to their own sex, just like they had always done. Yet you still couldn't understand it, it just felt awkward to love other men that way - like being told that rocks are indeed a nourishing food source. It feels so wrong, on a gut level, to eat those rocks and love those men.

That's how those unnatural, other people are feeling about this injustice. It's very natural for them, just like you couldn't possibly take someone serious if they told you to quit loving girls and start loving boys.

Because I believe it is wrong. How am I being a hypocrit for stating my opinion? That is the exact OPPOSITE of a hypocrite.

Because first you bashed someone else, namely the people who are attracted to their own gender, and then you react to C'Jais when he attacks you for it.

If you attacked someone, you've got to tolerate that someone attacks you. If you can't stand the fact that people are going to answer you, don't post.

Now, for the "unnatural" argument: Imagine if you and your heterosexuality were in the minority. Everyone around you was telling you that it's unnatural to love the opposite sex. But you couldn't understand it. They wanted you to love men, even though you had a girlfriend and couldn't imagine being with other men. You had always felt this way, even though all the movies and books had told you it was the other way around. It is unnatural, they say - people should stick to their own sex, just like they had always done. Yet you still couldn't understand it, it just felt awkward to love other men that way - like being told that rocks are indeed a nourishing food source. It feels so wrong, on a gut level, to eat those rocks and love those men.

Beutiful.

I believe that one of the things that should be done is that should be done is ban teaching in christian private schools about the negative parts of "gayness". Sure, they are allowed to teach the Bible, but look at laws that forbid a teacher to say bad things about different ethnic groups and culture groups, such as African-Americans. How long after it came out do you think people would start reacting when it came out? Private school or not, the teacher would get attacked for breaking the law by insulting an ethnic group -even if he was quoting the Bible or the writings of some other religious/sect. So how can a christian fanatic teacher get away with subtly teaching kids to hate homosexuals?

Name one teacher who's gotten away with being reported for saying stuff like "all Nigerians are going to Hell for being Nigerians"?

PS: Yes, I heard about the bishop in the UK. I also heard about a minister in Norway (not as in priest-minister, but a minister in a political party;)) who had managed to rise to the powerful position of finance minister in his party. He even maintained this position after marrying a man (which is legal in Norway).

All I have to say is this: Aside from our right to excersise religion, I cannot see how the government thinks it's any of their business to dig around in our religious/private life. What's next, a law that forbids Muslims from refusing to faste? A law that forbids Buddhists and Hindus from eating meat?

This thread is dragging me in, even though I know I should stay away. ;)

Please name one, if not some unpleasent mutation, I would agree with you then. I heard there are only sexual and asexual replication, gay animals can't replicate themselves, while everything we know bout nature says that it wants to consume and multiply, if it doesn't it's eliminated by natural selection. Do gay animals gene replicate themselves, I think they have no such opportunity, so they live and die and nothing more.

http://www.bidstrup.com/sodomy.htm

(note I don't agree with everything on that page, like that human beings are animals, but it's got what you asked for ;))

The Bible is a load of rubbish.

I'm not just saying this because you are using it to back up your arguments, oh no. I've always held religion in the exact same view - rubbish. I don't believe in a God, and I don't worship or practice any faith. So, anyone coming to me arguing with religion can walk straight back out again... bye now.

If your going to say that the Bible is rubbish and what your saying is you dont like Christians then what is so wrong with me saying being gay is rubbish?

:confused:

Oh, and Jah Warrior, I have to agree - lesbians scare the hell out of me! At least I have the sense to sleep with men... no offence to any lesbians out there, I'm sure you're perfectly nice people.

How can you cry about people bashing you and not accepting you when you dont even like lesbians and say they are scary. Dont be a hypocrite.:rolleyes:

i dont like gays. i mean, its just isck. but im not homophobic. if a kid is gay, so what? i mean, os what if he is, thats his lifestyle and i got my own.

what im trying to say is even if u dont like someone for who they are, they still deserve some dignity.

I dunno, dude, there are some lesbians I've met that freak me out too. I mean, mostly the real man-hating lesbians. Those ones that spike their hair and look like guys. Several I've met always acted really hostile towards me and any other man I saw them encounter.

Certainly not downing lesbians. But I'd rather have a guy wanting to sleep with me than a girl wanting to kill me. ;)

well i must say that i have no idea what the above means when translated to english, however:-

there are gay chimpanzees, horses, dogs... to name but a few. Its widely documented and has in fact been the subject of numerous natural history documentaries.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

frogs and toads can reproduce having gay sex. but only on rare occasions such as harvest moons and drought. watch jurassic park. also they have gay sex store the sperm transmorph into a "female"(they actually just form eggs to be fertalized)

once again. hom.. i beleieve you have been owned.:)

Originally posted by Arkum

i dont like gays. i mean, its just isck. but im not homophobic.

This is my favourite one so far!

I do get what you're saying about dignity, and letting someone lead their life an'all. But you've got to admit you didn't choose those words very well.

dykes are bullish man hating lesbians.

I think InsaneSith meant the term 'dykes' as a type of lesbian, not an all-encompassing term for lesbians. Because there sure are different types.

B.

DAD quote:

Thrackan Quote:-

How can you cry about people bashing you and not accepting you when you dont even like lesbians and say they are scary. Dont be a hypocrite.

I'm sure that DAD will be first to correct me if i'm wrong, but i assume he means that he cannot see how a man can find a woman attractive let alone a woman finding a woman attractive. Its clearly just humour on DAD's part.

Come on peeps you simply must have a sense of humour in there somewhere.

BTW I'm just having a chat with my mum about the christian faith and homosexuality, she's a sunday school teacher so it could be either very funny or very interesting, maybe both :D

If your going to say that the Bible is rubbish and what your saying is you dont like Christians then what is so wrong with me saying being gay is rubbish?

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it is highly likely homosexuals are born as homosexuals. Homosexuality isn't a belief system in that case. Christianity, on the other hand is. This is but one of the worlds mainstream religions.

If, as some current findings indicate, homosexuality is true, then the real question is how will this benefit a species considering natural selection?

The answer might be found in looking at other species that have "self-destructive" (I use that term, since not being able to reproduce limits a species' ability to evolve). Bees are a good example. They've evolved over millions of years but have one flaw: once they sting another animal, they die. (the stinger pulls out nerve bundles, part of the digestive tract, etc.) So how could "suicide" be good for the species? The answer is that the hive itself is protected by a few sacrifices. The good of the many, outweighs the needs of the few so to speak.

One could look at homosexuality in much the same light. Overpopulation creates many problems for a society. There are many unwanted children in the world. There are many orphans of war and calamity. Food production is sufficient, but delivery and affordability is consistently problematic. For a few of our species to sacrifice themselves by not reproducing would seem to be a good thing.

Here's another thought: If homosexuality is hereditary, will not the gene pool clean itself up only if the practice is accepted and encouraged? If it is not hereditary (and it certainly cannot be contagious), then what is the problem? Homosexuals are largely interested only in Homosexuals. I've yet to see them go door-to-door asking to teach the skin-flute and spread their 'word.'

Another indication that homosexual and bisexual behavior can be beneficial to society would be to look at the bonobo monkey. This is a society that is almost exclusively bisexual. There is also very little in-house squabbles that occur. The sexual contacts between same sex monkies appears to be designed to create a harmonious society. The only problem I've noted about homosexuals in human society is the hatred that alleged non-homosexuals have toward them.

Revulsion is a cultural bias that is learned. Hatred comes from fear. One has to wonder what it is about homosexual behavior that is truly feared?

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it is highly likely homosexuals are born as homosexuals. Homosexuality isn't a belief system in that case. Christianity, on the other hand is. This is but one of the worlds mainstream religions.

I get what your saying SK, but I believe that humans are born sinful and we can choose whether to embrace God or fall into the pit of sin.

And the reason I say being gay is "rubbish" is because if DaD is getting upset about people "gay-bashing", how do you think I would feel when he insults my religion and basically calls me and other Christans rubbish? If he can call my beliefs rubbish and I am not complaining about anything or asking for sympathy, then why cant he "take it like a man" and deal with it?:confused:

* Deleted most of the post you quoted... it seemed unnecessary, particularly since that post is directly above yours. --Skin

I get what your saying SK, but I believe that humans are born sinful and we can choose whether to embrace God or fall into the pit of sin.

And the reason I say being gay is "rubbish" is because if DaD is getting upset about people "gay-bashing", how do you think I would feel when he insults my religion and basically calls me and other Christans rubbish? If he can call my beliefs rubbish and I am not complaining about anything or asking for sympathy, then why cant he "take it like a man" and deal with it?:confused:

Basically you have a choice whether to be a christian or not, DAD has no choice, he just is! Just like i have no choice as to whether I am black or white purple or green.

people become christian, you are not born christian, where as you just are gay there is no choice involved. Hence to descriminate against a person on the basis of their sexuality is prejudice or biggotry or ignorance as you please. Pick whichever description suits you best :p

Originally posted by C'jais

As for Anakin's fear of gays hitting on straight men, I'd say the fear is unfounded.

oh you think my "fear" is unfounded? how about some gay guy trying to "convert" me while i was passed out at a party, is that unfounded? i think not, to me that's a VERY good reason to be skeptical about ALL gays until they earn my respect and trust that they WON'T try to do me when i'm unconscious, THAT'S why my opinions are what they are, you can't say that i don't know what i'm talking about, i have had first hand experience and since you won't be satisfied w/my opinions, you now have my reasons, now does anyone else wanna tell me my opinions are unfounded?

Archived