Home

The meaning of life..?

Ray Jones

OK.. I want you to tell me what do you think the "meaning" of life is. How should people on earth handle it to have as much "joy" in life as possible?

Is there a reason for work, job etc..? How much party should we have..? Are the hare krishna (?? spel me feral) people right? Is it legal to get money over "dark" channels..? Is it ok to be respectless to gain advance?

My rul to that is kind of short:

Dont do things you dont want to get done to you.

Do things by keeping in mind there may be others around affected by it and fit it into a context to the first point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meaning of life (suddenly gets very serious) is to not worship a god, or give people who preach this word of god to others money, or to do other extravagent and stupid things like drugs, drink, or gain mass wealth and power.

It's to help others survive and keep sane in the stupid, FUBAR world we live in. To help at least one other human being to make sense of this crazy world is to ahve fullfileld teh meaning of life, in my eyes.

And in other news, 42 is the answer. and when in doubt, pick "c".

:D

Life The Universe and Everything, brilliant book (in which the whole 42 thing came along).

And I knew right from the word go that someone had to post that in here somewhere :D.

In my opinion, we'll never know the meaning of life, so I don't think about it too much, I just enjoy life and stay real (which could well be it, but I can't be sure and to be honest, don't care, we live we die, might as well enjoy it by not asking 'why?')

The meaning of life? Pfft, it doesn't exist.

We're just creatures that have evolved over years and years of history. We're here simply to exist. There is no "meaning" for us being here, we're simply animals. A meaning is something that humans use to try and give a purpose for our existence, but the fact is that there is none. We just "happened". There's no divine reason for us being here, yet humans want to think there is.

Of course, many humans cannot understand how the Earth was created and so they use "God" as the explanation. There is nothing to prove that this is true, in fact there's much to disprove it, yet they hold onto the belief that they have.

Originally posted by Thrik

The meaning of life? Pfft, it doesn't exist.

We're just creatures that have evolved over years and years of history. We're here simply to exist. There is no "meaning" for us being here, we're simply animals. A meaning is something that humans use to try and give a purpose for our existence, but the fact is that there is none. We just "happened". There's no divine reason for us being here, yet humans want to think there is.

Of course, many humans cannot understand how the Earth was created and so they use "God" as the explanation. There is nothing to prove that this is true, in fact there's much to disprove it, yet they hold onto the belief that they have.

Thrik exactly hit the spot i say.. so it is.

Originally posted by Thrik

Not enough to disprove it completely. And considering there simply is no way to prove or disprove the existance of God, lets say we don't go into it. :D

But as we are discussing the Meaning of Life, let me say this:

Everything in moderation. I believe the key to joy in one's life is finding the right balance.

The Meaning of Life? I have no idea. Why does everyone have to have a meaning for something so obvious as being alive?

Viva La Resistance!

Firstly, to post a thread in the feedback forum about how ridiculous this place is now, and how corrupt most of the mods are.

Second, to point out how much of their user base has gone because of their attitude.

Third, I want to stick around and see how long it takes before the feedback I posted is closed down, and I'm called "Whiny" and "Bitchy" for perfectly valid remarks and comments. And then somebody can start a NEW thread, called "What do you hate about the Feedback Forum!" So we can all respond in that thread.

So, this place looks pretty dead. Heh.

Well considering it looks like I am the only God believer here, I would say,... well I don't know. I believe God put us here, why... i just said, I dont know XD. I have a hunch its a test to see if we belong in heaven.

I'm not going to press my beliefs on anyone.

I firmly stand by the belief we're all freaks of nature and our only purpose is reproduction and multiplication.

But why bow in to nature!? >:( We can do better than that! I plan to do all of the above, and also work alongside Tim Schafer.

No seriously, the meaning of life should be, the meaning of YOUR life. Everybody has a different meaning. Mine is to work alongside Tim Schafer, but you probably already knew that.

Yours is probably to work alongside, say, Bill Gates.

Wait, no, that's mine too.

Well I reckon life is what you want it to be

Unless... Unless you were born in a cave and couldn't get out. Then it'd pretty much be a dark, cave ridden life.

Originally posted by Kjølen

Well considering it looks like I am the only God believer here, I would say,... well I don't know. I believe God put us here, why... i just said, I dont know XD. I have a hunch its a test to see if we belong in heaven.

I'm not going to press my beliefs on anyone.

Neil Believes in God, and I do believe God put us here, but for what reason? Well, I actually don't care, I agree with Yufster, each person has there own meaning in life, they don't have to change the world or help people to do this, they just have to make themselves happy for their time on this earth.

This thread is becoming very much philosophical.

I suggest you all visit my website

http://www.world-mysteries.com

In case you don't know, dozens of ancient civilisation's calenders ended in the year 2012. Egyptian, Celtic, Aztec, Mayan inc., etc.

Religions also fortell that their dieties, or gods, are to 'come again' and do you know when that is? Around the year 2000-2012.

I think that when Atlantis rises and the gods rule Earth once again and humans are taken back to Mars to evolve and eventually build spaceships to travel to Earth, then fail in technology once again, and discover that the gods arn't on Earth anymore and are given a returning date-------they are sent back to Mars (*%#)(^)#$!^#%*#%!_^#@$^$)*

In 2012 we will know the meaning of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived