Home

Video Game Violence

legameboy

Video game violence  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Video game violence

• I hate it to heck!
    • Oh my word! It's wonderful!

Go to this link, what do you think? What do you think about the banning of certian violent video games? I think it is stupid, because I mean, look at the movies, music, just about everything has violence. Not to mention the only thing that will cause a kid to act like Tommy on GTA, is if his parents don't care what he's doin'. It's utterly rediculous, what are you all's comments on this?

First of all, I must crack at how easy it is to create an acronym with the following "Mothers Against (insert protests here)."

Besides that, with the recent debacle over the banning of video game sales to minors in Washington state, as well as the appeal to Judge Limbaugh's decision in St. Louis vs the Video Game Industry (I think I got the name of the judge right, as well as the case), which defines that games are not covered by the first amendment clause of freedom of speech, its still a rocky road ahead for video game legislation. We also have to watch out now for the "Media Decency" bill that was shot down before and then mysteriously was inserted into one of the Patriot acts.

What's the one thing we have to push for right now? First of all, the parents need to start taking a look at what their kids are playing, then be able to discern fiction vs reality. That's practically 99.9% of the battle. Nailing said criterion into both parents and children could perhaps stop the BS the politicians are spewing out their collective butts these days.

It's the parent's decision... No f*cking government should have anbything to say about this :mad: These things can make me really mad, fortunately I don't live in a country with mothers that whine about their kids playing violent games :mad:

And you're right, allways those mothers :rolleyes: I would be ashamed to death if my mother would be one of them, haha!

It all depends on what the parents say. If not, their decision. Although, just because I'ld go and pick up a semi-automatic rifle, and shoot the frick out of a whole buncha nazis in RtCW, doesn't mean I'm gonna get a gun and shoot at every german person I see. It's out of hand. Kids still play games like that even though their parents forbid it.

! Who posted It's Wonderful jslfnlnlafl... lol j/k:p

Everyone has a right to there opinion, I'd just wish they'd explain why its wonderful. :confused:

Another thing is though, some people claim that violent video games and video games in general, make you depressed, make your report card low, and that just a bunch of organic waste from the south side of a goat;) . I play video games 4+ hours a day, get A's in every class, have friends, and workout. Sometimes I just don't understand some people... :o:)

its all the parents fault that the kids are getting fat and lazy they know that they can get their kid off of the computer whenever they want alls they would have to do is first tell them get off of the computer if that dosent work you yell a little then if that dosent work you either can turn it off on them or you can hit them and yell at them again but oh no its always "dont yell at your kids" or "dont hit your kids you could damage them for life" but since they beleive in that crap they blam it on the video games being adictave so instead of doing what they should and yelling at them they go and want to ruin it for everyone even the physicaly and mentaly fit people when some of these kids out there need a good smack across the face (trust me if their dad slaped them across the face then they would do what their dad wanted) when I was growing up we played the computer but our dad also had us doing all the sports that where avalibale to us

and I believe that they could tone down the violence a little but if you have a 13 year old trying to buy a game rated M find out what it has in it before you buy it for him/her

that probably wasnt worded well but I think you should get my point

one question why do moms have to bitch and moan about everything???

A video game wouldn't be a video game without some sort of violence. Take Mario for example. Super Mario World is a classic and known world-wide (well... almost..) and has video game violence. I mean how violent can you get, jumping on enemies' heads and throwing shells at them. Hahahaha.

video game what?

if video games influence people, those people are weak minded fools.

my little cousin is 7 he knows that you can't do things in real life that they do in video games.

those that are influenced by fake things are weak minded fools and deserve to have their heads bashed with plastic bats.

Archived