Home

Back to school. Back to school

Clefo

... to prove to dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch pack packed, my shoes tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight!

Yes, for those of us 18 and under and aren't home schooled or homeless, its about time for school. I have 13 days left in my vacation. (If you're some spoiled East Cost brat who is going to post: "Ha ha! I go to school in September, you suck!" I should point out that I get out a month earlier than you, you schmuck :D)

So what are YOU planning for the upcoming skool year?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huurrrrray for Canada's school system!

Actually getting out one month later gives a bigger advantage then you think. Although we share the same amount of vacay days, we can avoid August's heat by staying home or going to the pool while you have to survive sitting in a class while it's 100 degrees out there(unless US schools have more budget then us and you all get some nice modern air conditioners...).

Anyway...

Well, I'm with Clefo, as a westerner... ;) But I do happen to have 25 more days before school starts.

Like many others here, I'm going into my last year of high school - got a bunch of rather difficult classes, and another bunch of college applications to fill, interviews to give and essays to write. Also Water Polo season starts on the 13th. So I'm in for a semester of hec :p Boy will I be happy when it's all over... :o

And then out of the frying pan and into the deep blue sea, as they say :eek:

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

we can avoid August's heat by staying home or going to the pool while you have to survive sitting in a class while it's 100 degrees out there(unless US schools have more budget then us and you all get some nice modern air conditioners...).

Anyway...

They probably do :(

Im planning to work harder this year, its my last year of secondary (or 11th grade for everywhere else where the system makes sense:D ). I got lazy this year, like every year (:D ) so my grades were ok.

BTW, where do the ppl in Mtl go to?

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

Whatever free time I have will be for sleeping or hanging with friends.

Did you mean sleeping with your friends or hanging with your friends OR sleeping....or hanging with your friends. ;) Just wanted to clear that up.

Anways, i've got like three weeks left or something.

Oh, and our school does have air conditioning, but it runs until Janurary when it is absolutely freezing inside, and then when they do turn on the heat it runs until June when it is like 180 degrees inside. It's ridiculous.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Did you mean sleeping with your friends or hanging with your friends OR sleeping....or hanging with your friends. ;) Just wanted to clear that up.

haha I wish :p

I will either be sleeping (maybe with my gf :D), or hanging with my friends.

Heehee! :D

You can ask Fergie... I'm about to die, I might not even have the time to make weekly visits to these forums because when I won't be at school, I'll be doing homework, and when I won't be doing homework, I'll be sleeping, and when I'm not doing any of those three (maybe 6 hours out of the week total not counting religious events) I'll most likely be hanging out with my friends or blowing all my hard-earned monies on my girlfriend. (me = whipped)

I go back on August 14th and get out May 21st! Go me! :D

PS: this is totally off-topic... but I really, really like your avatar Sherack... [strongbad] How'd you do that? It's a very nice... [/strongbad]

No the artist doesn't know me or anything... and that's the funny part because the character is exactly like me, not only in appearance!

Anyway... To get back on topic, I thought of a new thing to do during school year: To go eat at that AMAZING fast food restaurant not far from the college, I'm really starting to miss it :D

I start taking computer classes September 6-the end of august. 2 days a week, 6-9. then going to take an a+ prep class and get my a+ certification by february. yes...i'm going to be fricking rich by the time i'm 21. *rubs hands together...smoke comes out*

Man, you people get a lot more vacation than we do in Mexico. I finished last school year June 20th, and I'm going back August 18.

I'll be taking 1st grade of Preparatory school (that's first in high school or 10th grade for you people) and I'll be studying in the afternoons, from 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm, so probably you'll be seeing a lot less from me.

About the climate, I think I can safely say here in Mexico City we have better climate than anywhere you live (taking into account most of you are Americans, Canadians, Dutch or Australians), we almost never get snow (last time it was in 1966, my mom was one month old!), we have a temperate climate in general, and fortunately we don't have to worry about tornadoes and those stuff. Generally, a great place to live, climate-wise.

As for my expectations for next school year... well, the one thing that could make it better than the last two is that this girl breaks up with her boyfriend, and I end up getting the title. :D

Archived